A&M at Baylor

Golfingnut

Originally posted by Lion70

why is this not tv I guess not enough demand. Let see a competive big 12 game compared to Texas blowing out the red raiders ( same team that got beat by the buffs) which one would you watch. I know Texas fans will turn it off at half time when its get out of hand.

I agree, I sure wish it was on TV. Seems strange because next weeks Baylor/Tech game is going to be on TV. Of course Lubbock is a little farther to drive to, although my sister has season tickets to see Tech and said I could use hers if I want to drive to Lubbock. I haven't decided on that one yet. Depends on work.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GWbaseball07

many people say whitaker because they think he is "quicker and faster" and is more fit for the offense than mosley... but the honest truth is although whitaker may be quicker at the line of scrimmage to get away from the dline... mosley may be overall faster. after watching him out run UTs secondary for 60 yards and pull away the 4.3 speed they clocked him at early this season seems legit.

and imho i would rather mosley get the majority of the carries... not to take anything away from whitaker but if mosley is any other offense with a better run blocking line he is probably one of the top backs in the conference in terms of ypg.

I will totally agree with you, but bottom line is Mosley will still be running behind this offensive line Saturday. I still feel Mosley is the best bet. He has had career days against the Aggies and that is what we need. If we can get a career day from Mosley and Bell, and throw in Ziegler, we've got a great chance.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10
Originally posted by neckspride56

yes I was just throwing it out there and seeing if it sticks

Well do us a favor and don't throw anymore.

Dang it! I'm really starting to like you LJLPOP10. LOL

Originally posted by RedBloodEagle

as far as Mosley vs Whitaker... i think we're very fortunate to have the choice frankly. I'd run Mosley though. I wish we would utilize Whitaker more in the passing game or special teams. What happened to the 2 back sets Morriss promised? ha ha.

Whitaker is a threat catching the ball out of the backfield. With the Aggies tough defense against the pass, I might would go with the 2 back set. Try and establish the ground game and hit your backs coming out of the backfield. Just put the ball in their hands and let them make something happen. If you can be successful at that, then hit Ziegler deep.

I still think that the key to beating the Aggies is the Baylor defense. No Bear defense, no win.

Originally posted by Aggie2008

I agree. While we are better than last year, compared to the "Wrecking Crew" days of old this team is well below average on that side of the ball.

True. Of course, in fairness, these defenses aren't playing Rice, TCU c.1991, and SMU every year.

Originally posted by SS31
Originally posted by Aggie2008

I agree. While we are better than last year, compared to the "Wrecking Crew" days of old this team is well below average on that side of the ball.

True. Of course, in fairness, these defenses aren't playing Rice, TCU c.1991, and SMU every year.

but they are playing the citadel, ULaLa, and LaTech. In conference their defense has gone from good to around average.

like stated, its not taking away from the defense this year, but its by no means a great defense.

Originally posted by neckspride56

But I think that the Texas A&M wrecking crew defense will hold them from scoreing a bunch of points and win this game.

Why do you say that or is this just another attempt of yours to throw something out there?

I hope all this intesity in this forum carries over to tomorrow's game...I'll be there, can't wait for this game to kickoff...

Sic 'Em Bears....

Gotta give a shout-out to my little bro...Baylor freshman line member "McDADDY"

as of yesterday... the baylor students picked up all of the 11,000 tickets avaible to students... the north endzone also has been opened and 1500 more tickets were reserved and picked up by baylor students today. thats 12,500 of 14,000 students. the remaining tickets will be sold at the gate to walkups.

and as far as picking up their ticket and selling them to friends, the athletic director said that the student's ID has to be shown with ticket and no exceptions. they have allowed it in the past, but tomorrow night there will be none.

Originally posted by GWbaseball07

as of yesterday... the baylor students picked up all of the 11,000 tickets avaible to students... the north endzone also has been opened and 1500 more tickets were reserved and picked up by baylor students today. thats 12,500 of 14,000 students. the remaining tickets will be sold at the gate to walkups.

and as far as picking up their ticket and selling them to friends, the athletic director said that the student's ID has to be shown with ticket and no exceptions. they have allowed it in the past, but tomorrow night there will be none.

Now THATS what you want to see at your home football games. That is huge for an athletic program when the students get involved like that. I remember just 4 or 5 years ago they were almost begging students to go to games.

I just hope they have the opportunity to go home very disappointed...:whistle:

I've been nervous since August.

Looking at our schedule, I figured we'd be 7-1 or 8-0 going into this game.

This is the make or break game for our season...we could still control our own destiny towards the Big 12 title game, or we could be third in the Big 12 south and go to a lower-middle tier bowl. This is where the tide turns one way or the other.