Texas @ Texas Tech

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas just played a better football team, at a more hostile environment and found a way to win last week.

Without even really thinking about the fact that Tech STINKS this year, there's no doubt in my mind that Texas wins and wins rather easily.

Baylor and Tech are about the same football team (Baylor is DEFINITELY better defensively) and the Horns beat them by nearly 40.

Originally posted by lobo4life

Baylor and Tech are about the same football team (Baylor is DEFINITELY better defensively) and the Horns beat them by nearly 40.

baylor is not on the same level as tech...even if tech is having a bad year...tech expects to win and baylor hopes they can win...big difference

No way a team who only scored 3 points against TCU puts up 27 against Texas unless they score a couple of late TDs when the game's out of reach.

I would be worried about the game in Lubbock, but the Horns just won in Lincoln against a better Nebraska team so they won't b e fazed by the classlessness of the Tech fans.

Texas 48, Tech 17

I gather from your posts you have quite the hatred for TCU. However TCU is the 20th ranked scoring defense in the nation and 35th in total defense (not to mention 4th in rushing defense). Tech still has the 13th ranked total offense (25th in scoring offense) in their down year, so have some kind of basis for your mindless hatred.

Texas statistically also has a better defense than TCU this year so you could be right in your assumption that they hold Texas Tech to a lower score but since the game is in Lubbock Tech will have a better chance of getting some points on the board. Texas, however, has done a good job of running up the score against weaker opponents this year so it could get out of hand.

My prediction:

Texas 45

Texas Tech 28

Originally posted by coachb

baylor is not on the same level as tech...even if tech is having a bad year...tech expects to win and baylor hopes they can win...big difference

Ok, so Tech is a little bit better.

Texas is still at least 3 TDs better.

Guest CNOrtega

Tech is doing great offensively so far. I have two observations of the game so far.

1. It is obvious that the Big XII Officials are firmly in Texas' corner, seeing they are the best bet to bring in the big BCS money.

2. I didn't realize Leach is so fat.

1. Yea I am real sure the officals care..because WHOEVER wins the Big 12 is an AUTOMATIC into the BCS...In fact it would be BETTER if Texas was not the automatic, cause they have the only chance of the teams to still be in top 10 and be the second team in, because if the Horns are the automatic team in, no one else will get into BCS this year from the Big 12

2. Leach has gained some weight since last year

No way a team who only scored 3 points against TCU puts up 27 against Texas unless they score a couple of late TDs when the game's out of reach.

I would be worried about the game in Lubbock, but the Horns just won in Lincoln against a better Nebraska team so they won't b e fazed by the classlessness of the Tech fans.

Texas 48, Tech 17

well, good thing for ut they are not playing tcu tonight or they would really be down....and good thing for tech they are not playing this game in nebraska...tech scored 24 first half points and texas has not stopped them yet

very nice showing from the tech offense so far...so far texas has not showed me that they can stop this red raider offense...if tech keeps this offensive rythm goin i think they will take this...techs defense has also done a very good job of shutting down Sweed with the exception of that one reception for a td which was, i think his only reception of the half...and a VERY good fan support for Tech in this game...its exactly how i expected it to be

like i said....if tech keeps their rythm they could win...they lost their rythm...tech had several chances to score again...and i really question the last 4th down conversion by tech...its 4th and one and your facing an amazing texas run defense and your team can easily get the one yard for the first down with a quick pass...a bad coaching call if you ask me...Graham Harrell is a passing qb not a running qb...but still a very good game on techs part...and a very ugly game on texas' part...this is the second game in the row that you have had to come back and barely win...its not the same texas team i know...texas better watch out next week against Oklahoma State...they have jumped ahead bigtime in the past two matchups and texas was brought back by Vince...its gonna be interesting to see how texas handles the cowboys if they get behind and Okie State is playing top notch again...Texas needs to get out of this sloppy slump they are in