Pre-Season NBA Title Predictions

myronyellow

I agree the Lakers don't have a very good shot, but how can you do an pre-season poll about the Champion and only list 5 teams? Who's to say that Cleveland or the Clippers couldn't win it, or some other average team last year who takes a leap this year into contention, like the Wizards for example....not to mention this thread was already started...

Originally posted by Seminole44

I agree the Lakers don't have a very good shot, but how can you do an pre-season poll about the Champion and only list 5 teams? Who's to say that Cleveland or the Clippers couldn't win it, or some other average team last year who takes a leap this year into contention, like the Wizards for example....not to mention this thread was already started...

I just listed a few teams off the top of my head Seminole44... don't sweat man!! Cleveland has a shot at running deep in the playoffs and scaring some teams, but I'm still not convinced that they have a chance at a title unless LARRY HUGHES is healthy all season and really gets into his SCOTTIE PIPPEN to LEBRON'S JORDAN role... they do have another great piece to the puzzle in ILGUSKAS.. that 7'4 dude can play. He's underrated. He was a former all-star. Drew Gooden is gonna do all the dirty work on defense necessary and Damon Jones is a great spot-up shooter. It'll definitely be interesting in Cleveland this year.

I just don't think the WIZARDS play well enough team ball to win it. Gilbert Arenas needs to lose some of that ego for them to stand the slightest chance.

The Clippers will make some noise this year... The NBA better be ready for them.... I just don't know if they're ready for the Mavs, Spurs, or Suns. But, that's the scary part!

Originally posted by shpanther07

tha lakers will win tha title, kwame will have a good year and so will kobe, smush will get his stroke back and lamar is lamar he will get some trip doubles

Kwame Brown played better last year than any other year previously. He had a career year, no doubt. The problem is, his "career year" isn't any better than most PF's down years. I don't know how much playing time he would get if he was on another team...

Kobe is the only true gem on this team, honestly. Here's someone that's gonna get you 33ppg night in and night out. No complaints on Kobe. He's "A-1" credit!

There really isn't much to say about Smush Parker except that he's developing into a decent player. He can jump and finish at the rim for a player his size, has a decent outside shot, he's an average dribbler, and average passer, and just another average player in the league. Again, I don't know how much he'd play on another team though.

Lamar Odom has been the most inconsistent player to put on a Laker uniform outside of Luke Walton. He'll put up a triple-double one game, then shoot 2-22 the next, 13 rebounds one game, 3 the next. Too inconsistent to be what Kobe needs as a sidekick. He'll never be an all-star-calibur player again.

And Luke Walton shouldn't be in the NBA. He should've been with me trying out for the Austin Toros this past month in the NBA's Development League. He hasn't lived up to the billing he got coming out of Arizona. He won't either. He'll finish his career living off what his dad was to the league and averaging around 5ppg.

I'm pulling for the Mavs to take it all this season ... BUT .... for some reason, I'm thinking that the Spurs will play back up to their potential and win it all ... AGAIN!!!

But that being said, GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11