Western Conference

myronyellow

MAVS are gonna be back this year with a chip on their shoulder's... I can see them in the finals again.

SPURS are gonna be right on their tails. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished with the league's best record.

ROCKETS are finally gonna get to surprise some people. They finally got some help for T-Mac and Yao. Shane Battier is gonna be solid for them. Luther Head will have another year of experience, and Rafer Alston has been playing good ball for awhile now.

SUNS will be back. Watch out!

LAKERS will make a better run than last year. Kobe will average around 32ppg this year. I still think Lamar Odom is suspect though.

CLIPPERS is the team that everyone should be watching out for... This is the best team in LA. And everyone's back!

HORNETS will be in the playoffs this year.... Quote It.

TIMBERWOLVES need to quit holding onto their pride and let Kevin Garnett go wherever he wishes. He needs out of Minnesota. He's done all he can for them.

Just a Question for Spurs fans. What did the Spurs do in the offseason as far as adding or deleting players? Do they still have Big Shot Horry? I really though SA showed a little age last year and if they didn't get some fresher legs I don't see them winning the West. They still have Timmy "the whiner" Duncan,Parker and Ginobli, but who have they added?

fransisco elson, along with matt bonner have joined the spurs to try to replace the losses of nazh mohammed and rasho nesterovic and then they also added some european league players which will be able to come in and supply what's needed when those "old" legs get tired...but we'll see who looks old as this season goes on;)

Albeit it was a pre-season game, but who saw the rockets play the heat on ESPN? it was great. Now im not saying they will win it all and im not gonna act like i know who will, but with all the acquisitions they made over the off-season i think they will definitely still be playing come may and june. I do not know who will win this conference but the obvious favorites are the mavs, spurs, and suns and it is hard to argue with those teams but i see the top 5 in the west being the Rockets, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, and Clippers and those are not really in any order, after those teams i really do not see anyone doing much.

Albeit it was a pre-season game, but who saw the rockets play the heat on ESPN? it was great. Now im not saying they will win it all and im not gonna act like i know who will, but with all the acquisitions they made over the off-season i think they will definitely still be playing come may and june. I do not know who will win this conference but the obvious favorites are the mavs, spurs, and suns and it is hard to argue with those teams but i see the top 6 in the west being the Rockets, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Clippers, and Nuggets and those are not really in any order(although i would like to see them end up that way in the WC standings), after those teams i really do not see anyone doing much.

I think the Rockets have a serious case this year TruTEXAN34. They'll be one of the top teams out west and they'll make the playoffs this year as a 4 or 5-seed.

Tracy McGrady just might be healthy this year. If so, he'll play great as usual. 27ppg for him this year I'd say.

Yao Ming will still command double-teams but he'll find easier baskets with the addition of Shane Battier. Battier can play the SF or PF positions but I really like him at the PF to help out with the dirty work. Yao will benefit greatly from him. Yao should put up 19 & 10 this year.

Bonzi Wells was a GREAT pickup. He can play the 2 or the 3 (SG or SF) and with McGrady able to play the point at times, they can go big. Bonzi can score with the best of 'em if he has his head on right. He'll average around 16/17ppg.

Luther Head is still improving. And Rafer Alston has solidified himself as the team's #1 point guard. Has good quickness and can hit the open shot. He's a passer too.

Houston's problem will be its aging bench. That's going to hurt them come playoff time.