Was Clinton a good president?

HS1988

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The market was good during his two terms but obviously our intelligence woes started on his watch and has continued. However, I don't like the fact that he is a womanizer...a married womanizer. If you're not happy in your marriage, leave. I would have more respect for him and his wife if they had broken up. I'd have to give serious thought to give a good answer however I do think he was a better president than he is a person...not much respect there.

Originally posted by fareasttexan

The market was good during his two terms

Clinton inherited an economy on the upswing. He did absolutly nothing to sustain it and his tax increases had us heading into a recession his last year in office. :whistle:

Clinton did a lot more harm than good socially, economically and especially in the foreign affairs arena. When you cut through the liberal media's love affair with Clinton he really didn't accomplish much worth while during his two terms. Clinton and Carter were the two worst presidents in the past 100 years. :whistle::w00t::whistle:

He accomplished plenty with a Republican congress and countless witch hunts. That's more than Mr. Bush can say with a Congress full of lap dogs at his disposal. And by your logic Bush has inherited any good to come out of the economy.

I feel like Clinton was a meh president. Not real great and not real bad either. Jokes were better on SNL and Leno during his terms than the ones now making fun of Bush.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle -

It's a shame some can't use this quote as inspiration to actually think about something before passing judgement. As long as an individual only votes or thinks straight party line, our great country will not improve.

Clinton made mistakes just as every president before and after him has made mistakes. He also accomplished things just like every president before and after him. I supported Bush 100% in the war on terrorism and Iraq. Today, I wonder what the heck we are still fighting for in Iraq. 9/11 brought this country back together. Patriotism was at an all time high. Five years later, where are the flags, Bush's ratings are at an all time low, and it seems nothing can get done in Washington DC. Skeletons are coming out of the closet because it's election time again. It's back to regular old cut throat politics. Both parties have their bad apples, both parties have their bright spots. It's really sickening.

To answer the question: Yes, Clinton was a good president

Guest CNOrtega

By and large, I think Clinton was an outstanding president. I was proud to be an American when Clinton was in the White House. Now? Not so much. It's to the point where I track my 401(k) earnings in exchange rates to a handful of foreign countries because as soon as I have the ways and means to make it somewhere else, I'm through with America.

Originally posted by PHSVOICE

I'm proud to be an American regardless of who is in the White House...

I agree 100%

I like Middle's analogy, Clinton was a "meh" president...really didn't do anything great and really didn't do anything too bad. The whole Monica scandal is a black spot obviously, but in the scheme of things, we could have been a lot worse off....

That's a cowardly statement CNortega. I like most of your posts because you are entertaining but what kind of example is it to leave a country. That's a quitter. When the going gets tough...you pack up and leave? That's embarrassing. If you were just trying to get people fired up like you do blasting the Longhorns and others...it worked. But I hope you're not serious. If you're that unhappy, pack up and head out now and don't come back.

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Clinton did a lot more harm than good socially, economically and especially in the foreign affairs arena

I think this is said by someone about every successful president. I dont think he can be the worst because someone has that spot securely sewn up.
Originally posted by CNOrtega

as soon as I have the ways and means to make it somewhere else, I'm through with America.

I dont think you will find anywhere better than here. Thats why everyone wants to come here. Think about it. Most poeple who come here from other countries to live usually want to stay.

You know, one thing that's always bothered me. How could the American public elect a president that was the governor of one of the most poorest states in our nation? Now, if he can't get that fixed in little ole' Arkansas, what the heck makes people think he can do it for a nation?

I think he was a total farce - I take objection to the lying to Congress and in court - that sends me off the map, and we still let him become President. Not like this hasn't before, but nothing quite so blatent!

As far his wife, she needs a good Texan whupping!

Originally posted by leopard

Clinton's morals had nothing to do with his political leadership. He was a good president. Wish we had him right now. President Bush has to many ties to Big Oil. He's getting richer every day he's in office.

LOL he was a liar who only confessed the truth when he was caught red-handed.

Except for the fact Clinton was impeached(but not convicted), disbarred from practicing law for perjury, had an illicit affair in the oval office, and didn't take terrorism seriously enough, he was an okay president. We did have a government surplus when he left, before the Iraq war, among other things started the deficit going again. I have been dissapointed that the Republicans have gotten away from being fiscally conservative.

Originally posted by e_t_sports

he was a liar who only confessed the truth when he was caught red-handed.

Name a politician who has ever confessed the truth PRIOR to "getting caught" ...

Nixon? No.

Clinton? No.

Foley? No.

Who ???

Originally posted by leopard

President Bush has to many ties to Big Oil. He's getting richer every day he's in office.

You've fallen for that liberal MYTH . . . . hook, line and sinker. It's about as laughable as the Cheney getting rich off the war from Haliburton MYTH.:whistle:

The whole idea is, don't abuse the trust which the public has placed in you -- and there will be no need for confession. There have been plenty of good, decent officeholders in Washington. My current congressman, Joe Barton, is a good example of one of them. My former congressman, Jim Turner, was another. And what about President Bush and Vice President Cheney? You may not agree with them politically, but they have set a good example for others in how to conduct themselves in office.

I agree Bush and Cheney have values and stick to what they believe is right. Clinton carried a bible under his arm on Sunday and had Monica under his arm the rest of the week. Clinton and his wife would be do anything to get elected. God help us if she is every elected President , but God probably will not because we all should know better. Character counts, that's something they do not have. They both are liers and they seemed to get away it.

Originally posted by KirtFalcon
Originally posted by fareasttexan

The market was good during his two terms

Clinton inherited an economy on the upswing. He did absolutly nothing to sustain it and his tax increases had us heading into a recession his last year in office. :whistle:

Clinton did a lot more harm than good socially, economically and especially in the foreign affairs arena. When you cut through the liberal media's love affair with Clinton he really didn't accomplish much worth while during his two terms. Clinton and Carter were the two worst presidents in the past 100 years. :whistle::w00t::whistle:

Not that crude again...

Originally posted by parentofredheads

You know, one thing that's always bothered me. How could the American public elect a president that was the governor of one of the most poorest states in our nation? Now, if he can't get that fixed in little ole' Arkansas, what the heck makes people think he can do it for a nation?

It has always bothered me that the only prior political experience Bush carries is being the governor of the 2nd weakest governor position in America. His education plans have done wonders... I tell you...

The one thing I think Clinton deserves a little respect for is the fact that he came from nothing, married well, and made it all the way to the top. If that's not American, I don't know what is.