JEFFERSON V HARLETON

FlowJack

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the newest and most highly anticipated games in East Texas. A new rivalry for both teams. I know both teams are ready for this one. Alexander has been feeding the cats gunpowder for the last 3 weeks. After the Harmony game , it could cause a sense of false security for Mean Green. The speed and athleticism for Jefferson will do the job. It may not be as close as you think......Not only is DA a good coach, but remember he tutored Hale for 3 years, and Coach didn't do such a bad job for Andy Evans as offensive Cord. When the

9-1-1 defense steps on the field, call for the trainer .......no sinus problems for the cats as their will be no snot left in the old passages. 2 darn good teams, 1 great game.

Originally posted by Lion70

should be a good one coaches know each other both coach in henderson in 2001. where is the location of this game

Yea this will be a really good game!!!!! It's going to be played in Harleton.........I assume a big crowd to show up for this one!!!!!!

i am gonna have to go wit jefferson...it will be a good game...close till half time and then jefferson will pull away in the second half...heard they were only letting 300 people in on the visitor side...any truth in this

This one is for the "whole enchilada."

Bragging rights against some good neighbors and presumably a district championship.

I don't remember Jefferson and Harleton ever playing in football even though there is only 14 miles of pavement separating the two. Hope it becomes a "friendly" rivalry that will last for years to come.

Jefferson will be the new #1 this week. They will probably be too much for the Cats. But the atmosphere will be awesome! I can't remember the last time the #1 team in the state of Texas came into Harleton. I'm already stoked!!!!!!!

"I am gonna have to go wit jefferson...it will be a good game...close till half time and then jefferson will pull away in the second half...heard they were only letting 300 people in on the visitor side...any truth in this"

I doubt this is true. The visitor stands at Harleton will probably hold 500-600. Also, Harleton always has people packed down the sidelines. I bet they will let in a standing room crowd.

I'm going to have to go with Harleton on this. I've watched Jefferson and Harleton both play, Harleton was ready, knew the offense when they played Harmony. Plus, they've got some beasts on that offensive line. Jefferson just didn't show much at all. I think Harleton will have the momentum, they know their plays, and they'll be ready! Good luck, Harleton!

Lots of things going on with this game. District... bragging rights... school sizes.

I'm with Parentofredheads on this one. We've seen both teams over the last two weeks. Harleton was by far the best of the two. Harleton left no doubt that they were the better team last Friday. Their offensive line dominated and Harmony was never in their backfield (especially the right side... they blew huge holes). The Harleton defense was primed and ready and held Harmony's running attacked down all night.

Jefferson, while big with lots of speed, could not contain the Harmony defensive line. Harmony frustrated the bulldogs and was in the backfield all night long. On defensive, Jefferson gave up lots of rushing yards especially in the first quarter.

And since neither team has much of a passing attack, this game will be "won in the trenches" (I hate using old lines like that, but that's the fact). I see Harleton winning this by 10 or more.

Good luck to both teams.

Guest ScoutsOut

I have seen both teams play. Harleton on defense will have to survive the big run play and will need to play a contain type of defene, hoping to force Jefferson to pass. If Jefferson pounds the corners they will probably do well, if they go to the middle it will be a long game for them against the Harleton defense.

For Harleton they would do well to put a good passing game plan together, and run at the tackles. Jefferson has good lateral speed and with the box filled up if they can get past the first line their back will do well into the secondary. The secondary is suspect to me against the passing game, I think if Harleton uses a balanced attack they can move the ball on this defense. Jefferson has a quick line and the trenches will be matched up pretty well.

Final thought, I think this game will come down to a big play and turnovers. I give Jefferson a small edge, just because of overall team speed. It also may come down to who has the most fight left in them in the 4th quarter. I noticed Jefferson's kids emotions swing very heavily with the momentum of the game and if Harleton gets them down and can hold thier emotions in check along with maintaining the momentum, they have a chance of pulling this one out.

This should be a good game, regardless.....Good luck to both teams...

Guest ScoutsOut

Dont worry, the stands are pretty much brand new, and there is plenty of room (waste) to sit a chair and watch....just incase you havent been there....Be early though if you want to sit in the stands...small