Phoenix vs LA

EastTexaninHawaii

Maybe I was watching this game for the wrong reason, I wanted to see Amare and how he is looking only to find something else. The Lakers Center Bynum this kid looks phenomenal first time I have seen him play or even heard of him. I know I said Phoenix scares me but it looks like more of the same to me. A Lakers team without Kobe they go up 20 and let them right back in the game...I know its just the first game but, I know if they want to be actual contenders they have to put teams away.

Andrew Bynum is in his 2nd year with the Lakers. He is actually 17 or 18 years old and the reason the NBA recently put an age limit to enter the draft. He is going to be something special one day with his size and being able to work with one of the greatest centers to ever play the game.

I was saying last year the the Lakers will improve each year Phil Jackson is there and by next year will be contenders to win the championship. They have some great young talent to mix with the skill and experience of Kobe and Lamar Odem. It should be a real exciting year for us Laker fans.

I can't wait until December 13th, I get to go to the Laker-Mavs game in Dallas. I'm pretty crunk about that.

I posted this at halftime of this game, considering what happened the rest of the game I am even more impressed. I'm really a fan of the true big man that can dominate. I never really liked Shaq just because I always wanted to beat him. I always respected his game though, and I love his comical approach to things. But, I have to say its sad to not see him at his dominant self anymore and I hope this kid turns into another great center. It has seemed like a dying breed of player, even Shaq himself said it was. The Suns aren't exactly a team that focuses on interior defense or defense period for that matter but, none the less that was an impressive performance. Against a team that was in the Conference Finals last year, not bad.

I think Bynum played well, but I'm not ready to crown him the next great Big Man---as EastTex already said, the Suns have no inside/post defense at all....zilch...when Luke Walton starts posting up on you that's when you know you have problems....but with that said I was impressed with his enthusiasm and his ability to run the floor--he seemed to want it more than the Suns. I'm curious to see what happens when Kwame Brown comes back...

Originally posted by EastTexaninHawaii

Another question out of this game; are the suns able to re-insert Amare into there team and will he be the same player at some point this season? I agree with what Charles Barkley said "The only way this team will take that final step is if Amare is able return to form."

Amare looked BAD....he's not ready to play in a REAL NBA game, he turned the ball over a lot, and he still looks very tentative with his knee, which is understandable....interesting to see how he performs on back to back nights----

No matter how much bad news it is for teams like the spurs and the Mavs I would really like to see him back to his old self as well. You don't get the opportunity to see a guy do the things he can do everyday. After seeing Dwight Howard last night he might be built in the same mold. One thing I do really like about the NBA these days is the Talent Level and new breed of players has risen considerably in the past few years.