Kerry's comment yesterday

BigRedFan

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

My comment is simple:

Stop WASTING ENERGY obsessing and analyzing something someone "said" and stick to the ISSUES .......... geez :wacko:

I thought Iraq and our troops are an issue. And when a predominate leader says they are stupid should be front page news. Way to try to deflect Cheapy!

John Kerry's comment: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Do you feel this is an insult to our troops and their families?

Kerry is a moron, and his comment reflects that.

Recruiters go after the struggling high schoolers, not the smart kids. That's a fact, but the way he words it is just insulting to all of the soldiers who weren't the idiots in school.

Originally posted by WildcatPride

They are so wrapped up in Vietnam flashback thinking and conspiracy theorists, that they still really don't believe that we are at war against radical Islam.

Actually Iraq was a fight against Saddam and his regime which was deemed a threat to America. Saddam was a secular leader, so it wasn't a fight against radical Islam. That is, until the vacuum was filled with radical Islamics from other countries.

Middle, that is a good point. We should have put 100,000 troops on the ground in Afghanistan first, and taken care of business there. Osama bin Laden should have been the first target, then maybe Saddam. The Israelis would have taken care of him if he got too far out of line, like they will the Iranians if necessary.

Where is Osama Bin Laden? What has he done since we put troops in Afghanistan? Did the Generals call for more troops to find this man? Did the President and Congress feel that were weapons of mass distruction in Iraq? Did Saddam deny it? There is alot Monday morning quarterbacking going on on the democratic side. Thank God that we have a man of principles in the Whitehouse. We are safer because of it. It would be a field day for the terrorist if Kerry was President. He would have excuses, but he would not apolgize. God bless America, I think he has with George W. Bush!

My comment is simple:

Stop WASTING ENERGY obsessing and analyzing something someone "said" and stick to the ISSUES .......... geez :wacko:

I disagree with you Cheapy. This is an "issue." The war is an issue. Our troops are part of the issue. Slandering the living and dishonoring the dead is an issue.

The "issue" will manifest itself during the late hours of Nov. 7 and the early hours of Nov. 8.

Thanks John Kerry! Running your mouth will cost you and your party again!! :thumbsup:

Don't you fools ever learn?

I was referring more to the way sound bites have become "issues" in and of themselves: the way we all obsess over them & pigeon-hole ONE PERSON's comments as the way a WHOLE GROUP feels.

Originally posted by 50pinch

Did you think the same when Lott misspoke?

Yep -- 'sure did !! ;)

Those were the words of ONE MAN -- not any entire party/political philosophy.

He said them, I rolled my eyes, did not pigeon-hole & went on with my life ...

From Cheaptrick:

"I was referring more to the way sound bites have become "issues" in and of themselves: the way we all obsess over them & pigeon-hole ONE PERSON's comments as the way a WHOLE GROUP feels."

I agree. This is exactly why Kerry's travel schedule just took a hit. A lot of Democrats in tight races do not want him anywhere near their campaign. Surely the longshot Democratic gov. candidate isn't still considering having Kerry stump for him in Texas. That was political suicide even before the comments.

I was referring more to the way sound bites have become "issues" in and of themselves: the way we all obsess over them & pigeon-hole ONE PERSON's comments as the way a WHOLE GROUP feels.

Originally posted by 50pinch

Did you think the same when Lott misspoke?

Yep -- 'sure did !! ;)

Those were the words of ONE MAN -- not any entire party/political philosophy.

He said them, I rolled my eyes, did not pigeon-hole & went on with my life ...

I guess our Troops think different.