Oh Yeah!

Guest Sideliner

Guest CNOrtega

The paradigm shift will take a long time in Texas and the South in general. It will eventually happen, it's just going to take a little longer than in the rest of the counrty.

Originally posted by bordertown

Yeah - Oil Prices and Gasoline prices up on news of Democrats victory!!!! Stock Market drops!!!!!

Agree on the stock market. Oil and gas had nothing to do with the election. That simply has to do with supply and demand. In fact, I believe one of the main targets of the Dems is the big oil companies. They are given millions in tax breaks by the energy bill and still report record profits. It's called gouging American citizens at the gas pump. I doubt anything will get done, Bush will simply VETO any plan the Dems put in front of him. Careful though, this could hurt the GOP in the next Presidential Election.

Originally posted by CNOrtega

The paradigm shift will take a long time in Texas and the South in general. It will eventually happen, it's just going to take a little longer than in the rest of the counrty.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. Most of the races won by the Dems were won on very slim margins.

But, congrats on the win. I'm gonna keep on open mind to this and give them a chance before I make a judgement.