Win now..but will it hurt in two years?

TxBroadcaster

As well all know the Democrats swept the house and could be taken over the Senate as well.

Now my question is will this actually hurt the Democrats in the Presidential elections in two years?

I ask because the mantra for the democrats was change, change, change. They say they are going to come in and shape up Washington, fix the Iraq problem, clean out the corruption, and etc.... If they do all that then no problem...BUT

We all know things rarely change in politics, so I think with the issues and the message they ran on, they have painted themselves in a corner. They put all the blame on the right for any and all problems, so now that they have control they have to PROVE they can actually fix the said problems and do it without destroying what is a rising economy.

So I wonder did they sell their soul for this election with no real plan for two years from now?

I say yes. People will realize the Democrats are just another flavor of dog poo from the Republicans.

Two years from now I have a feeling it will be a Republican controlled Congress. This is barring any catastrophe like 9/11. If something like that happens they'll ride the wave of patriotism, much like the Republicans did after 9/11.

Other than that, they're out in two years.

They won't be able to change anything Bush doesn't want changed, he has the VETO pen. But then again that go against Republicans and help Democrats if America sees the Dems trying to do something and just getting shot down by the President.