Democrats

Straw

To hear Pelosi and other Dems, they think America is saying we need Democrats in office but i think the people voted what they think is the lessor of two evils. I would'nt brag to much if I were them. Nancy Pelosi scares me and I wonder why Dems want her as speaker when she is so divisive. She called Bush a boob among other insults. Not very becoming of a possible president. Now she is saying that the military has spoken...... When did she become a spokes person for the military?:thumbdown:

There are some good Democrats out there, why not them as speaker?

Yeah, people voted for change, not for the party.

Pelosi will ruin any chance of progress or good actions for the Democrats. She runs her mouth much like another female leading Democrat... that's not a good thing for the rest of the Dems.

Originally posted by Lhornfan

Sore loser.:crybaby:

Not a sore loser. Just would like to see a good Democrat as speaker. Pelosi is an attention ####. I hope I can say that. I dont know if thats a bad word or not.:unsure:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by Lhornfan

Sore loser.:crybaby:

History will show that Pelosi was a bad choice for speaker. Her San Francisco values won't fly for the rest of the country. She will make Schumer, Daschel, and H. Clinton look like unifiers.

She talked during the election about working with the President and the Republicans. She'll do an about face on that within the month.

How is it then that so many of us love Condi? Could it be that we don't like ANYONE in charge who is so far separated from what we believe?

Why does there always have to be a victim? That's one of the reasons people feel this country is going down a slippery slope. Most people can't stand her ideals. What does that have to do with her being a female?

Nevermind, I forgot that liberals just spout out tag lines such as this to make the country scared of someone with different beliefs. It's not your fault Sideliner, I'm sure you were just born that way.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by Sideliner

Why is it that men have problems with women in power. Must be a redneck thing.

Is that the best you can come up with? I don't like Pelosi because she is a liberal of the highest caliber. Her values reflect those in San Francisco, Berkley, Oakland, etc, not those of Joe American. Even those in her party have questions about her far left stance.

To accuse me or anyone else of whining because she is a woman is a cop out and an easy jab. I would have been just as disappointed if Howard Dean was speaker of the house.

If you want to discuss valid reasons to contradict my statements or the statements of others who do not approve of Ms. Pelosi as speaker, tee it up. But get off your high horse, and stop it with the "you don't like her 'cause she's a woman" line.

Seems pretty clear why you're a "sideliner" and not a player.

Originally posted by Five0pd310

Nevermind, I forgot that liberals just spout out tag lines such as this to make the country scared of someone with different beliefs. It's not your fault Sideliner, I'm sure you were just born that way.

Good argument until this. The whole "typical liberal" argument is very worn out on SDC. You can do better than cop-out.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by KirtFalcon

If Pelosi shows her true colors and tries to turn America in to San Francisco, the republicans should have no problem taking back the House of Representatives in 2008. It would be a nail in the coffin for Hillary too. :whistle:

BINGO!!! KirtFalcon has hit the nail on the head. Just had this same conversation with a co-worker.

The big question is whether or not she will be able to keep her rhetoric and far, far left attitude and rhetoric in check for two years so as to not upset the moderate base of the democratic party. Pelosi, Howard Dean, etc have taken the democratic party in an almost straight left direction over the past few years. I believe most dems don't feel that way. If she upsets that base, it won't be difficult for the republicans to retake congress and install another republican President.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by Middle

She'll end up causing what's happened to the Republicans this vote in 2008. Just like the former Republican majority leadership, she's WAY too polarized within her party.

The smart thing for her to do would be to be a centrist for two years. Work with the President with gentle urgings toward her (the democrats') causes. After the '08 election, she can, in a phrase, let 'er rip. That's the smart thing. But my bet is she won't be able to help herself.

Middle is right. Unless she changes her spots and works toward unity (real unity, not some party definition of unity), us republicans will be the ones doing the funky chicken (celebrating) in the front yard in two years.

Good argument until this. The whole "typical liberal" argument is very worn out on SDC. You can do better than cop-out.

Maybe your confusing "liberal" with "democrat." That is a typical liberal weapon. You know it as well as I do. Just like Conservatives have typical weapons and tag lines they use such as tax and spend, and that all democrats want to take your guns.

I figure two years of Pelosi, Hillary, Boxer, Conyers, Rangel, and Harry Reid along with a reformed Republican party refocused on the principles instead of power and pork w/o RINO's in charge is just what this country needs.

Get ready for more of this:

"WASHINGTON - California Democrats Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer moved quickly Thursday to lay out broad agendas on everything from the environment to ethics as their party prepared to assume control of the U.S. Senate in a momentous power shift.

Both U.S. senators from the Golden State will wield gavels come January. Feinstein, the state's senior senator, will oversee changes in campaign finance and election reform while chairing subcommittees on military-construction spending and terrorism.

Boxer, poised to take control of the Committee on Environment and Public Works, plans to make global warming her top-priority issue.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_4633921

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feinstein in charge of military and anti-terrorism.

Signs that the Apocalypse is upon us. See what happens without eternal vigilance?

Maybe your confusing "liberal" with "democrat." That is a typical liberal weapon. You know it as well as I do. Just like Conservatives have typical weapons and tag lines they use such as tax and spend, and that all democrats want to take your guns.

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with your post. And I see your point. I'll shut up now. :ugh:

So is "typical redneck" and 'rightwinger".