HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

Do you have a great high school football trivia question ?

Well, post it here & see how many people you can stump !!

If you answer a question correctly, PLEASE have a return question ready to post, so as to keep the flow of the thread.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Razorcut

Would it be W.O. ?

I believe Dangerfield has one more win than my old Roughnecks (476-475), but Longview has nearly 100 more wins than that - 579 - I believe.

John Tyler (who gets the old Tyler High School's record) has a few more, closer to 585, to have the most.

Note: These all might be off by a few wins, but shouldn't be off by more than three either way.

According to Smoaky's historical section JT is the answer as SP has noted.

How about a new question to keep the thread moving?

In 1987, there was a class 3A playoff game held in Tyler that ended in a 14-13 score. One of the teams is now class 5A and the other is now class 2A. Name the teams.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by BigPapaBear

What team allowed the fewest points in the 2004 5a playoffs, division 1 or 2?

Donna out of division 1. They lost in the 1st round to Harlingen, 7-0.

Next Question:

Since 1986, what school, 5A - 6-Man, has the most wins? Not including this year.

Originally posted by max89

poisonednutz10 is it odessa?

Nope.

It's been a couple of days and no one has it, so I'll go ahead and spill the beans.

The answer is Southlake Carroll. They have a record of 222-41-1 since 1986.

Corpus Christie Calallen (4A) and Converse Judson (5A) are tied for 2nd with 216 wins. And LaMarque is 3rd with 214 wins.

Next Question:

Who won the very 1st class 4A state championship? Who did they beat? And what was the score?

Nutz, I came up with a different answer. My research (Collier-Sharp) showed that 1972 was the first year that a state championship was held for B schools and Chilton defeated Windthorst 6-0. I found it interesting because those two schools are ranked 1-2 in the state right now. I also found it cool that in 2A Wall and Mart are ranked consecutively, but I digress. Class B records went back to 1926 with Anson and Marlin in the playoffs, but they showed nothing beyond bi-district games being played. Incidentally, in 1926 Gilmer beat Center 26-7 in other Class B action.

I'm not challenging your answer, just wondering if there is a resource out there with even more data than C-S gives.

Do you want to post the next question or do you want me to throw something else out there?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by HankTheCowDog

Nutz, I came up with a different answer. My research (Collier-Sharp) showed that 1972 was the first year that a state championship was held for B schools and Chilton defeated Windthorst 6-0. I found it interesting because those two schools are ranked 1-2 in the state right now. I also found it cool that in 2A Wall and Mart are ranked consecutively, but I digress. Class B records went back to 1926 with Anson and Marlin in the playoffs, but they showed nothing beyond bi-district games being played. Incidentally, in 1926 Gilmer beat Center 26-7 in other Class B action.

I'm not challenging your answer, just wondering if there is a resource out there with even more data than C-S gives.

Do you want to post the next question or do you want me to throw something else out there?

I went to TexasFootballRatings.com and looked it up and it said that the 1st Class B state championship was in 1927 with Anson beating Marlin 3-0. So I don't know.

You can throw something else out there since we don't have a defintate answer to your question.

Hey! It's been a while since I looked in on this area.

Okay, What was the brand of the tractor that Oliver Wendell Douglas used on the TV show "Green Acres"?

Wait, this is supposed to be about high school sports, forget that one.

In 1973, Mt. Pleasant, the football champions of district 7-AAA lost in the state finals to Cuero. Since this is pre 1980, this corresponds to a a AAAA classification today.

District 7-AAA consisted of nine teams.

Only Mt. Pleasant and one other team from that district are AAAA today.

Six teams are class AAA today(and one of them has a very good chance of droppping to AA in the next reshuffle)

One team is class AA today.

Name those eight schools and who is in what class.

I don't have the foggiest idea about your question HankTheCowDog, but since no one has been able to answer your "toughie" for several days, I'll throw this one out there!

What current East Texas high school football team played an East Texas college in football and what was the score?

Hints: :w00t:

The year was 1923

The college is now a Div I- AA university

The high school is not a class 5A or 4A school

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

What current East Texas high school football team played an East Texas college in football and what was the score?

SFA played, and obviously beat, Center.

I don't have a question. I yield to whoever.

Donna won the AA state title in, I think 1961.

Since no one wants to take on my question above, here is the answer if anyone cares. Maybe I should post this in the realignment forum.

Mt Pleasant and Sulphur Springs are still AAAA

Atlanta, Gilmer, Liberty-Eylau, Pittsburg, and Daingerfield are still AAA

Jefferson is AAA but it looks like they might be AA next year ( and D'field isn't far behind)

Clarksville is already AA

Daingerfield's 1983 shutout streak almost got interrupted in the playoffs. Who was the team and what was the play that resulted in a first down inside the ten yard line?

Credit to my friend Goat, who grew up in Daingerfield for this question

Maybe that question is too obscure as was my district 7-AAA entry above.

Waco Robinson in the second round, intercepted a pass and returned it inside the ten but did not score.

How about something more concrete? Name the two teams that did manage to record points against the '83 Tigers.

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

I don't have the foggiest idea about your question HankTheCowDog, but since no one has been able to answer your "toughie" for several days, I'll throw this one out there!

Hints: :w00t:

The year was 1923

The college is now a Div I- AA university

The high school is not a class 5A or 4A school

Answer:

CENTER 0, Stephen F. Austin 118 :w00t:

Originally posted by HankTheCowDog

Maybe that question is too obscure as was my district 7-AAA entry above.

Waco Robinson in the second round, intercepted a pass and returned it inside the ten but did not score.

How about something more concrete? Name the two teams that did manage to record points against the '83 Tigers.

Kilgore at Kilgore scored safety on bad snap by John Settle over head of punter Doug Pittman. 2 points

Carthage at Carthage scored touchdown on go pattern down right sidelines. Cornerback (I think Rodney Mims, I may be wrong) tripped to allow man behind him. 6 points

8 points total

What team lost in the state finals in baseball in '84 that would of given this district all four boys sports titles.

Hint- Daingerfield won football and track, New Boston won basketball.

Hint-All three will be in the same 2A district next year.