HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

Guest CNOrtega
Originally posted by tiggerbacker

What team lost in the state finals in baseball in '84 that would of given this district all four boys sports titles.

Hint- Daingerfield won football and track, New Boston won basketball.

Hint-All three will be in the same 2A district next year.

You're thinking about Linden-Kildare.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by TexaninOregon

In 1973 Troup,John Tyler and Big Sandy won their respective Football State Championships.What were the other 2 teams,had they won,would have had all state champions within a 65 mile radius of one another???

hooks and mount pleasant

next question: what texan holds 5 state records, that are also national records, and what are they?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by goodloe

In 1968, Lufkin Dunbar and Daingerfield played for the state

championship in an East Texas Stadium. What stadium did they play in? I think this was the first state championship game played in East Texas.

Homer Bryce in Nacogdoches

I do not have a clue coachb.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by coachb
Originally posted by TexaninOregon

In 1973 Troup,John Tyler and Big Sandy won their respective Football State Championships.What were the other 2 teams,had they won,would have had all state champions within a 65 mile radius of one another???

hooks and mount pleasant

next question: what texan holds 5 state records, that are also national records, and what are they?

• 5 months later...
Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by pantherpaw2006

Who is the high school football coach who has won at least three (or more) state championships at three different north and east/north east texas schools?

He is still coaching!

Coach Allen Wilson

Just a guess. I know about Paris in '88 and Tyler John Tyler in '94. Thought he might have gotten another I didn't know about, but I couldn't find it if he did.

Originally posted by pantherpaw2006

I should have made you and RJ off limits to this one...tooo much insider info...the other was at Dallas Carter and I believe there may have been two state titles...good job!

Sorry, but when did Allen Wilson win a state championship at Dallas Carter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if there were teams that won state championships more than two times in a row. I feel like there must have been some team, sometime in the past, possibly several teams.

I'm not that knowledgeable about high school football stats, and I thought somebody on this forum might know. They would have to have a lot of talent and really good coaches to hang on for three times.