16 2A Baseball Favorite?

Sportsfan44

good point live4baseball. Winnsboro was also supposed to standout in basketball to and everyone saw how well that worked out. Just because a team drops from 3A to 2A doesn't mean they are going to win in everything. They aren't bad in Winnsboro but i don't see them beating grand saline edgewood and quitman. I don't believe any of them are to the caliber of beating the MVP canidates.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you posters what about A-G? We want to play too? You guys know more then me about this district because I was watching 3a ball last year but with Ellis who I was told was a pretty good pitcher and the move in Young who was the freshman new comer of the year in 11-3a last year. You all still see no chance there. Are you guys sure???

Guest fartlickrunner

AG will have abiltiy to beat any team but probably dont have the depth to make run at Playoffs. GS and Edgewood will have the depth over everybody. Quitman will be good but could struggle when Peckham is not on mound. If Shack has to pitch then you have to find a catcher and you wind up with several kids playing out of position

True Fartlickrunner! You need to remember Rob Thomas left last year for AG. Those are very big shoes to fill. They did not have a JV team and that means the kids that are young do not have the experience of Quitman, Edgewood, or GS. The Ellis kid can not pitch every game and against those 3 teams he will be lucky to go .500 against them. I do agree though improvements have been made there.

Guest fartlickrunner

Edgewood will probably have the best offensive team 1-9. Johnson is the best hitter in district but without Laprade to back him up he wont see much to hit. Quitman will be ok at top of order with Lisenbee Shack-Peckham and Peek at 2 -5 but might struggle at bottom. AG and Winnsboro have some good Players-Ellis and Young at AG, Bennett, Ditto, thompson at Winnsboro but depth will be key

I have not seen slaughter play either but he was a good football player and has the makings of being a good baseball player in high school. Bennett and ditto are good baseball players as well. That is a bold statement jackuup8.... cam was an outstanding player. Ellis is an average pitcher... but he is young he has time to improve.

All I said was he reminded me of Cam Martin at the plate... This kid is a freshman, and can flat out crush the ball, just like Cam could. He approaches the plate the exact same way. I say this kid play this summer and it just brought back memories with Cam...

Originally posted by theprodigy

good point live4baseball. Winnsboro was also supposed to standout in basketball to and everyone saw how well that worked out. Just because a team drops from 3A to 2A doesn't mean they are going to win in everything. They aren't bad in Winnsboro but i don't see them beating grand saline edgewood and quitman. I don't believe any of them are to the caliber of beating the MVP canidates.

Winnsboro folks thought we would win football and they did. I do not know anyone that thought we would win boys basketball. Anyone that did was not very informed on the boy program. Winnsboro will be much better in basketball and compete for a playoff spot next year. The baseball team is harder to predict due to having a new coach after many years with coach Fleming. They should be competive and I could see them finishing anywhere from 1st to 4th. I don't see them being in the bottom half of district unless they just don't respond to new coach. The other schools may have thought Winnsboro was supposed to dominate basketball but that was not going to happen this year. They will be competitive in baseball and at worst might miss the playoffs by one spot.

I see Winnsboro having an outside shot at 3rd, thats about it...... Edgewood and GS are too strong, Quitman will be strong as well if they can find a consistent #2 pitcher. I'm thinking one of the predicted bottom teams will make a run though..... AG maybe??? Winnsboro maybe???? Baseball is just way too unpredictable.

Come on fellows... whoever put Cam Martin in the same category with Adam Moore obviously has never seen the two play. Cam's a great guy to be around, tremendous hitter, but no Adam Moore. As far as the district shaping up... I'm calling it a long shot, but I think Quitman will pull it off this year. Froesch will be Quitman's number two. Super kid, good attitude, lots of movement on his pitches. Didn't play last year due to some complications with work. You can't rule out Grand Saline because of tradition and simply the fact they have Matt Johnson who is UNBELIEVABLE. He's my pick for District MVP and is going to make a great outfielder in college. Edgewood is going to be tough, especially at their place with the short porch in right and "home" calls they are so known to getting. Finishing out the district I see Winnsboro or Alba Golden finishing fourth, Hawkins finishing 6th, and Como finishing last.

frosch is not quitmans number two.... right now it is shackelford. and frosch just flat out quit last year. I have a friend that went to quitman last year and he told me the story. The kid doesn't have that great of an attitude he gets down a lot of the time. He can be an asset to quitman if he stays with the team but i wouldnt talk him up like that.

i wasn't saying that cam martin is as good as adam moore i was just comparing their hitting not their over all playing ability i have seen both the kids play and you are right adam moore was on a complete different level than cam martin but cam had a natural ability of hitting the long ball just like adam

I wouldn't count Frosch out. If he gets a little confidence after a couple of outings he could be a legitimate number two. Live4Baseball, I agree with you man. Cam is a heck of a hitter with tremendous power. He sure could absolutely kill a fastball, but he could do even more damage to a chicken fried steak.

Last I heard Cam Martin signed with a professional team... Cant remember which one but that was the latest new I heard... back to district though, Its going to be Quitman Ewood and GS at the top... Yea AG might give one of those three upsets, but not going to the playoffs... The whole Quitman Ewood game last year, that was last year buddy... Shackelford is a legit number 2 pitcher as well, and you cant forget about Dusty Taylor...

Broker must be frosch or a friend of his....and i'm not counting frosch out buddy... i'm just saying the kid has quit three sports in the past 2 years hopefully the kid will play this year and be an asset to the team. The kid can be a good relief pitcher i believe. and he needs to be able to pitch because i believe shackelford is better behind the plate than on the mound or anywhere else....

haha yeah i know what you're sayin about the chicken fried steak!! believe me... lol but anyway does anyone know how he has been haven't seen the guy in a while... but anyway yeah i've seen the frosch kid play before too... he just needs more confidence that is a big part of being a pitcher... if not a legitamate number 2 he could be a number 3 or a closer those roles are just as important... and i saw the taylor kid play his freshman year on jv and unless his arm got a big strength improvement i dont see him as a start on the varsity level especially in this district... maybe a closer behind peckham... the speed change could throw some people for a loop...