Deer Lease

tiger60

Good luck Tiger. You are on a hard persuit. All that I can tell you is to contact the Timber Companies and ask them for contact numbers on known leases on their lands. Otherwise you can start asking around and try to get on as many waiting lists as possible unless you can find some privat land and that is geting harder and harder. A few people showing out or poaching on private land has about stopped that for all hunters. Most of the Timber company lands renew in May or June as far as new leases and new member goes. Good Luck!!!

• 9 months later...
Hey SAPACK,

you do not happen to have the link to International Papers land do you??? Or, do you know if they even have a link??

International sold all off their land last year over 4millon acres in U.S We did lease from them for many many years .The company that bought our lease and most of all east texas some 800,000 acres is called Timberstar.THEY STATED IN MEETING TO EXPLAIN NEW LEASE PROCEDURES THEY STATED THEY ARE IN THE MONEY MAKING BUISNESS they are not the great stewards of the land IP were they are clear cutting much of the land . the clear cut our 120 acre lease . at lease IP replanted their cuts with seedlings timberstar stated they will use seeds . SOME GREAT STEWARDS OF LAND IP TURNED OUT TO BE.They are now investing heavily in BRAZIL.

It is really getting scarry what is going to happen to all of the hunting land the way it has been sold off the past couple of years. It rumored that some of these companies will start dirving the prices us into the $10-$15 per acre range over the next 5 years. They seem to be trying to run the common man out of a place to hunt. The future is getting blique!

It is really getting scarry what is going to happen to all of the hunting land the way it has been sold off the past couple of years. It rumored that some of these companies will start dirving the prices us into the $10-$15 per acre range over the next 5 years. They seem to be trying to run the common man out of a place to hunt. The future is getting blique!

Boy thats the truth. The high fence shooting farms have and are destroying the true hunting experience.Needlessly say I have a problem it. when those places are charging $5000 to $ 6000 per animal.to big city slickers who have know idea what the hunting experience is all about. the other land owners say why not me.To me hunting is more about the joy of the outdoors and joy of the hunt.Shooting a animal in a feed lot where it has no true freedom of the wild is not sport . Sorry did not mean to ramble just venting.no telling where prices are headed

The only other option is public land and going into the National Forrest this time of the year is a death wish. Make sure your life insurance is up before entering. There used to be a lot of Type II land in East Texas but about 10 years ago they dramatically cut back on that. You have to drive a good distance to get to any of it now days.

The only other option is public land and going into the National Forrest this time of the year is a death wish. Make sure your life insurance is up before entering. There used to be a lot of Type II land in East Texas but about 10 years ago they dramatically cut back on that. You have to drive a good distance to get to any of it now days.

I always here that. I hunted in the NF for years. Deer/Duck/Hog/Squirrel you name it. People always talk about the dangers. Personally, I have never even had a semi scary situation. Well once I got lost but... Anyway, not only have I not had any bad experience I have never known, talked to, or even read about anyone being shot(much less killed) in the NF. What gives?

Maybe you were in a good spot. I do know of someone who got killed and know of the person that ended up in TDCJ for killing him. I also personally had the bark blown off of a pine tree in front of me while squirrel hunting a creek bottom. I bet I crawled on my knees for nearly 300 yards before I got back up. It is no rumor from my end. I have seen or delt with this personally. It gives alright.