16 2A MVP?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP is the last thing people need to worry about. I bet Clark and Richardson probably would love to have it, but would take a district title above that. Both players are very talented. Quitman and Alba will have to make a big push to overtake Edgewood. The teams that focus and work the hardest will rise to the top. Talking about is one thing, doing it is another. Regardless, any of three teams could come out on top. I look for all three teams to represent their schools well.

I guess the reason I say not to get to excited stems from when we went to Como AT Como:

Edgewood 23 23 18 13 -- 77

Como-Pickton 6 8 7 8 -- 29

EDG: Weston Jameson 20, Justin King 16, Colten Humphries 9, Tyler McDaniel 9, Brett Perry 8, Dillon Weaver 6, Aaron Smith 4, Trey Prater 2, Jason Knolls 2, LaKeith Henson 1.

COMO: Reese Caddell 21, Jensen Mabe 2, Chase Beck 2, Ryan Carpenter 2, Alex Mowat 2.

Originally posted by bafromet

I guess the reason I say not to get to excited stems from when we went to Como AT Como:

Edgewood 23 23 18 13 -- 77

Como-Pickton 6 8 7 8 -- 29

EDG: Weston Jameson 20, Justin King 16, Colten Humphries 9, Tyler McDaniel 9, Brett Perry 8, Dillon Weaver 6, Aaron Smith 4, Trey Prater 2, Jason Knolls 2, LaKeith Henson 1.

COMO: Reese Caddell 21, Jensen Mabe 2, Chase Beck 2, Ryan Carpenter 2, Alex Mowat 2.

So... Is it about winning the game or humiliating an opponent?

You aren't making much sense man..... so you're saying because Alba won by 20 and Edgewood won by 48 that Edgewood is 28 points better..... hmmm then i guess you guys are 47 points better than Quitman considering they went over there and only won by one point. Did you beat Quitman by 47? Basketball is all about match-ups man, who matches up better with who. And I'm in no way knocking Edgewood, because they are definately the best all-around team right now. I have much respect for those guys, but I just didn't get your point on the subject.

I would give it to Clark. There might be someone else that is as good or even better don't really know but he is more valuable to his team then any of the others I've seen so far. the tall kid from Quitman is a player though. Like to see him and Clark in 1 on 1. What a match up.

Not saying that at all. We only beat Quitman by 10 or so, but did have them down about 25 in 3rd. Subbed our guys and they cut it to 10 going into the 4th. Scored 16 on us in 4th, but #15 scored 15 of Edgewoods 4th quarter 16 points and we managed to get out of there with a 10 point win.

Quitman at Quitman is our last district game of the season and a lot of the meaning will be diminished for Edgewood given they could possibly clinch district prior to getting on the bus for that trip.

There will be 3 quality teams go into playoffs from 16AA for sure and all three will be capable of getting to Stephenville.

Baf--You should go to the games before you post something stupid--Quitman Edgewood was a 1 point game at halftime--Largest lead of the game was 50-37 about halfway throughthe 3rd quarter. Then Quitm,an cut it to 7 by the end of quarter. Game was 59-56 with 2:21 left in game before free throws made final score the 10 point margin. Edgewood has good team but this was not a case of a big lead squnadered by reserves. It was a game that Quitman could have very well won if they made a few shots late in the game. Had 6 shots in the paint in last 2 minutes to cut lead to one but could not convert

Edgewood came out and blew the doors off of Quitman. Quitman coach and his players did a good job of recovering. Actually, assistant coach calmed the head coach down big time, I thought the big fella was about to blow a gasket. I think Edgewood wasted a lot of possessions in this game that could have shut the door early. It will be a good game at Quitman, but I just think Edgewood still wins.

I believe richardson is a big attribute to his team. Like i said on my last post Richardson isn't going to score as much because his team doesn't rely on him to take 20-30 shots a game for them to win. Richardson gets his points within quitmans' offense. He has other players to play with him. I'm not saying alba doesn't have other players. Im just saying Quitman has won games when Richardson wasn't the high point man. Richardson makes his team better. Clark had almost all of Alba's points against Quitman last time. Everbody else had 10-15 put together. I would give the title to Richardson even though Clark is a very talented player.

I believe richardson is a big attribute to his team. Like i said on my last post Richardson isn't going to score as much because his team doesn't rely on him to take 20-30 shots a game for them to win. Richardson gets his points within quitmans' offense. He has other players to play with him. I'm not saying alba doesn't have other players. Im just saying Quitman has won games when Richardson wasn't the high point man. Richardson makes his team better. Clark had almost all of Alba's points against Quitman last time. Everbody else had 10-15 put together. I would give the MVP title to Richardson even Clark is a talented kid.

District 16-2A

Edgewood 68, Quitman 58

EDGEWOOD - Brett Perry scored 15 of his 18 points in the 4th quarter while D.J. Rogers and Weston Jameson each added 16 as Edgewood took the 10-point win.

Quitman's Quentin Richardson led all scorers with 22 points.

We subbed to quick, but recovered nicely.

Im pretty sure half of one quarter isnt a full game... If it was we would just end the game at the half way point of the first quarter... THATS WHY WE CALL IT A BASKETBALL GAME... And last time I checked it doesnt matter what the score is until that final quarter is over... It doesnt matter what the score was half way through the first...

It is always good to let the subs get time in early. It doesn't matter if Quitman made a run at us or not. As long as we won that is all that matters. I'm all for having teams show some composier and come back. We need more solid teams in our district. I would hope A-G and Quitman get to where they don't rely so much on their stars. To survive in playoffs it is better (in my opinion) to have more team concept and not rely on one player to pull you through. Good teams will normally shut down that player or the rest of the team. Either concept works.

Spacegolfer, I;m surprised you would say something that tends do minimize the other players on the other teams. Every player on these other teams help to make their so-called stars better. I believe Quitman and alba are where they arebecause of ALL their players. JMO

Me too last time I checked Clark doesnt score every point and get every rebound, make every assist, steal every ball, block all the shots, Neither does Richardson... These kids are getting mentioned because they are having a standout year. If a kid from Edgewood was having a standout year Im sure you would be one of the first to mention his name. So dont get on here on bash on 2 players who are getting attention because of a GREAT season they are having...

These standouts make everyone on their team better because of the other team's awareness of that one player. Just having the one player on the floor makes it easier for his teammates. Clark is a very good passer and sees his teammates well; Richardson is a great rebounder and also feeds his other guys for shots if he is double-teamed. If everyone understands their role on the team then you will have success, that's how teams with one particular standout are able to win. If their is jealousy then the team struggles. It takes everyone working together and doing their job to have a winning ball-club.