whats one sporting event.....

bigdawg16

That you would like to go see just to say you've been there?

I didn't know what forum to post this in because it can cover any level or sport. For me being a tar heel fan i would have to say it would be going to Cameron Indoor to watch a UNC-Duke game. The energy and emotion in that place during that rivalry game would be incredible. :thumbsup:

College - I have the same as bigdawg, but I would be rooting for the home team. For football it would have to be a Texas/OU game.

NFL - Super Bowl of course. (With the Cowboys hopefully)

MLB - An afternoon game at Wrigley Field.

NBA - All-Star game.

Golf - I have always wanted to attend the Masters.

Guest CNOrtega

NFL: Obviously the Super Bowl

NCAA Football: OU/Texas

MLB: Yankees/Red Sox in the Bronx

A World Cup Final

NBA: Game 7 of the Finals

But the event I would like to attend the most before I die is a Heavyweight Championship Boxing Match in either Las Vegas or Madison Square Garden.

Been to the Rose Bowl twice, lost count of Texas/OU, been to Texas/A&M at College Station and Austin....

NCAA FB- Army/Navy or USC/Notre Dame in South Bend

NCAA Basketball Final Four

NFL- Super Bowl (I've never seen a Cowboys game so I guess that's my first step)

NBA- Mavs NBA Finals game 5

NHL- Any Stars game

MLB- Any game in the Bronx

Soccer- any Arsenal or international game

oh my gosh ... we just mentioned soccer... i must now totally rip on it... he said sporting event...not activity... This is Texas people...not South America :whistle:

Football- No doubt Super Bowl (don't care who is playing, just the atmosphere)

Basketball- NCAA Championship or a Final Four Game

Hockey- 7th game of the Stanley Cup

Baseball- NCAA Championship game

Guest CNOrtega

Soccer requires more athletic ability than football, basketball, and baseball combined.

And by the way, take a look at just about every town in East Texas and try to tell me that it's not looking more and more like South America every day.

Originally posted by CNOrtega

Soccer requires more athletic ability than football, basketball, and baseball combined.

And by the way, take a look at just about every town in East Texas and try to tell me that it's not looking more and more like South America every day.

woah, woah there........maybe soccer players have more athletic ability than baseball players, but lets not get carried away here...... Run and kick f/soccer...Football & basketball have 10 thousand things you have to be good at !!!

Don't get me wrong I have a ton of respect for soccer players, but it no way does it measure up to football and/or basketball...

I disagree CNOrtega. I play soccer and football, and they are both different sports that require different types of athletes. I played FB in high school, which means I was usually the 'bigger' player on the field for soccer. Soccer players are usually tall, not too skinny, and have great endurance, or short, fast and have very quick feet. Football, there's a variety of athletes, big and muscular, tall and fast who can catch.

Originally posted by football4life

The skill position football players in other parts of the world play soccer. Did anybody see the 6'8" monster that played for the Czech Republic. If he grew up in the U.S. he would be a basketball player. In the rest of the world they breed their biggest and best athletes for soccer.

Peter Crouch, who plays for Liverpool and the English national team, is a 6'6 forward... that's usually unheard of

1. The Masters

2. The British Open

3. The U.S. Open

4. NCAA Football Championship game featuring the Texas Longhorns

5. World Series

6. Indy 500

7. Daytona 500

8. Olympics

9. Any Texas High School State Championship Any Sport

10. Super Bowl

50. Little League World Series

257. World Hotdog Eating Championships