Winnsboro 5 Quitman 0

WillieMakit

Congratulations boys!! Winnsboro maybe better than people and the district thinks that they are. Oh! I forgot Quitman must have had an off night.

Softballman: There are several standouts on this team. Rod Akins is one of the main ones that come to mind.

Quitman came together and played hard against alba. Maybe they have decided that they are tired of losing. Peckham struggled with control on the mound at times against winnsboro. But the 4th and 5th inning he looked real great shutting down everyone that came to the plate.

Originally posted by live4baseball

quitman played alba friday night and won 19-4. Alex Mauldin started the game off with a ground rule double. Peckham hit a 2 run shot in the first inning... looked like a totally different team...

Quitman must have showed up to play....Is Alba-Golden this bad or just a bad run in with a Haylon Hardy Team?

Quitman came to play. They brought the sticks this time to. Peckham hit a homerun. Mauldin had a hit, Lisenbe went 3-4, Jeff Clark went 3-3 and hit by a pitch, Jade Bates went 2-4, Colten peek had a hit or two, Shackelford went 1-2 with three walks, and Dusty Taylor i think had two hits, and Frosch came in and hit one. Coach Hardy has given this team a long speech i look for them to turn things around.

I would like to point out that I said Winnsboro would beat Quitman out for the final playoff spot..... and everyone laughed and said no way would winnsboro even make the playoffs...won't be able to beat quitman or grand saline..... well... 2-0 in district... win over Quitman... :blush:

im glad winnsboro beat quitman... they deserved to lose that game... if your pitcher only gives up 3 hits and you give a team 5 runs you DESERVE to lose... i think people are not looking at the game close enough, only the score... its a shame people want to talk baseball when they know nothing about it...

Baseball is setting up to be the most evenly matched sport in the district for boys. There is no clear favorite and Winnsboro, Quitman, Edgewood, and Grand Saline each could finish in any of the first four spots and would not be a real surprise. One team will unfortunately have to stay at home in the playoffs. It will be an exciting month of baseball coming up.