Need Scores Grand Saline Winnsboro Edgewood Como Pickton Quitman Alba Golden Hawkins District 20 2A

HSBaseballfan

Originally posted by chilipepper3

Sorry I was talking about Baseball in general......any word on AG or Hawkins baseball wise....this is a baseball thread.....just wondering cause I heard they are both young coaches....I hope both of them can suceed...it will be tough in that district though I hear....

I still dont think ur understanding... I SAID IN THE PREVIOUS POST- AG and Hawkins both got beat by Como, but AG and Hawkins program is on the rise and Como's isnt... and that was your original question. I also said Como will win a couple a games a year meaning "baseball". But thats all their program has been in a while... AG has good athletes and young players that can play so that makes them on the rise... Likewise with Hawkins... clear everything up?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about exbulldog's comment about quitman's fans every town has rude fans some have more than others. every village has an idiot but quitmans not the only town with idiots. like lets say 4 years ago a man from ewood stood up at a junior high basketball game and started shouting at a teenage girl. but quitman's got the rudest fans i mean everybody has them if people don't like rude fans we should all dump our rude fans in a place like ummmmm ewood they'd fit right in there

jackuup8 you still don't make sense....as far as baseball the records show Como beat Alba and Hawkins....all three finished 2-10....they are all 3 at the bottom....Alba won 11 games last year they come back and only won 5 this year.....Como Improved their record from last year....Hawkins finished the season about the same.....as far as Alba finishing 3rd in the district in Football you are a moron....Alba will finish in the bottom of the pack again....They can't and won't beat Winnsboro, Grand Saline, Quitman, or Hawkins.....and a good chance it will be another pillow fight between them and Como with their new coach......what are you thinking?????????????

records dont mean squat... if you want to go on that you have to look at how difficult the district was last year compared to this year... AG has lots of sophomores who are gonna be good... So therefore their program is on the rise... Como will always be a sub .500 team... and AG program will be decent next year... This year the district was so much closer than last year. and on the football thing we will see who goes to the playoffs next year.AG will be one of the top teams you will eat your words come next November... I gurantee you that they will be in the thick of the playoff race next year... THATS WHAT IM THINKING!!! MORON!!!

I take it you are one of those homer Alba football believers that have bought into their savior?? If he is such a savior why did he apply for the GS opening?? If they are going to make it to the playoffs why go anywhere else especially in their own district?? He has also applied for numerous other jobs??? I guess he forgets to let this part out about saving Alba athletics....You might want to get information straight first.....I did some checking and Alba had only one Soph on their baseball team.....So obviously you shouldn't think as much..... but rather get the facts

no chilipepper, AG had at least 3 soph. that started. Ellis (P/INF), Young (CF) and Woodrum (C/INF) are the ones i know for sure. And so what if he applies for other jobs, coaches tend to do that just to see whats out there. It sometimes keeps their name in circulation just in case something does happen to their current situation.

And Fastballpilot, when did you become such an AG fan.....haha only kidding :clap: ask your son who I am, if you don't already know.

Hang on there, chili - you need to get your facts straight first. I know for a fact that the Alba Golden AD has never applied for the Grand Saline job or any job while he's been at Alba Golden. You need to check your sources because they are giving you false information. WHy do you refer to him as savior? He has never referred to himself in that manner. All he's been doing and keeps trying to do is help the student athletes of AG to get better. Maybe if people would keep their nose in their own business and not start false rumors, these kind of speculations wouldn't happen. Also, the fact of the matter is you didn't do very thorough checking on how many sophomores on the AG baseball team...there happen to be five..not just one. Of course, you have the right to your own opinion, but that doesn't mean falsifying information and making up rumors about a program or anyone in that program. People are going to talk, but until you know the facts...don't speculate.

you are right rosenblatt....there were 3 Soph.'s... what I was meaning to say was that only 1 made an impact....I am just questioning why everyone always puts Como at the bottom in baseball when they were as good as Alba and Hawkins??.....i guess that does make sense on wanting to keep your name out there....but why do that to the kids at AG? I have no horse in this race just a couple of good friends that live in that community that are unhappy...I just want to know both sides of the story...unfortunately 1team he has applied to many schools...he openly tells those that want to listen....i like the fact of him being "savior"...... look at what all he has done for AG....won 3 football games with all new football equipment, got the basketball team into the playoffs, built a new football field house/weight room, etc...... I think there is some praise that IS deserved to him

I really dont see AG making the playoffs in football next year. They have a great running back, but after blowouts from everybody in the district except CP, I cant see them making it to the playoffs. I think they will be better, but playoffs in that district is hard to come by when you are as small as AG. They have a realistic shot in basketball and baseball of making the playoffs if the right kids come out.

I wish AG all the best in the world because I love pulling for the under dog.

"exactly LandCruizer so is there any help coming to the program....the way I understand it FOOTBALL practiced on the BASEBALL field with a guarentee to redo the baseball field after the football season but nothing has been done?????Any truth????......and just another great move by the new AD, putting one of his great football coaches in charge of the baseball program, to make sure it doesn't get better.....Great move coach, great move.....You have to love the AG situation......Pretty sure the old AD doesn't look so bad now.....what a mistake "

chilipepper-please dont insult everyone's intellegence. you have been after the AD for quite some time now. stop trying to act like you are unbias. and you must be an extremely good friend to look up scores, listen for gossip, figure out what grade each player is, and find out all of the details you possibly can on AG simply because you have friends in the commuinty that are upset.

I heard that GS openly went after frye. i know that was simply gossip, but its just another one floating around.

chilipepper and 1 team-you both say you know for a FACT that frye did/didnt apply for the GS job. it cant go both ways fellas. i'd check out your sources.

chilipepper-you said tha frye likes to openly discuss applying for the GS job. did you hear this directly from frye?

i have to agree with natureboy--

i think the football team for AG will improve this upcoming fall, but do i believe they will make it to the playoffs? um...it would be a long shot, possible? yes. probable? no.

they are on their way up though, and i dont think AG will be consider an instant win by most of the teams in the district anymore. there is that chance now, and that speaks volumes for how far AG has come.

Originally posted by chilipepper3

3 football games with all new football equipment, got the basketball team into the playoffs, built a new football field house/weight room, etc...... I think there is some praise that IS deserved to him

I'm not trying to bash Frye like I have in the past but you can't give him credit for the basketball team getting in the playoffs, that goes straight to Coach Thomas. That program has been on the rise way before Frye got there.

I see all programs being more successful next year because of the good soph. class. I don't think the football team will get in the playoffs but you never know. The overall athletic look is better with the field house, but I see the biggest need now being the gym and baseball field.

Originally posted by WillieMakit

AG could win state in football, basketball and Baseball and you guys still would not be happy and want to fire somebody. Take a chill pill, guys.

how can you say that when we had a football coach for 7 years!! it took 7 years for him to get fired. and that wasnt on the community, that was the school board. the majority of fans liked coach phillips as a person so much, that they didnt want to see him get fired.

i am perfectly happy with whats going on at AG now, frye has done a great job as well as all of his coaches. and i know that the majority of the parents, teachers, and students feel the same way i do. who are we trying to fire right now?? maybe you know something that i do not. there is always a minority of people in every community that isnt happy with whats going on, and that wants a change. please dont pretend that AG is the only school in this area to have a few ticked off people.

it was very naive and very stupid of you to say something like that williemakit.

and chilipepper--sarcasm?? maybe. bias?? absolutely. i'll say it again, you must be a awfully good friend to care so much about a program you have no "horse" in.

Yes I do have good friends in the community around AG that are concerned about the program....I am just asking to see what the rest of the same community think...I have done nothing but state facts.......I have asked the tough question and have found answers...... if you don't like or care for the facts then keep living in your fantasy world!!

so, since i like the new AD, i'm living in a fantasy world??:hmmm:

"" original quote by AGPanthers

i have to agree with natureboy--

i think the football team for AG will improve this upcoming fall, but do i believe they will make it to the playoffs? um...it would be a long shot, possible? yes. probable? no.

they are on their way up though, and i dont think AG will be consider an instant win by most of the teams in the district anymore. there is that chance now, and that speaks volumes for how far AG has come.""

i'm sorry, was i living in a fantasy world again??

chilipepper, you havent asked tough questions. we all know you have friends in the community, my point was, you are an excellent friend to look into so many details about a school that you have no "horse" in.

i'm still confused about what facts you have stated? did you hear straight out of frye's mouth into your ears that he applied for the job? not your friends ears, YOUR EARS! i'm not trying to prove a point here....i'm just really wondering if you heard it from the man yourself. if he did apply for the job, its not going to make me mad, a man has got to do what a mans got to do. the only reason i like the guy is because he was able to get AG some wins, and a new field house, and some new players.

and your friends, in the community i mean, must not like winning. i mean, since they are so upset and all.