2007-2008 Football

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by getusome

Same ol song and dance in 19 2a. Tatum will be strong again with a good returning group from last years State Team. Pollard at QB, Beall LB & RB, and that JV RB Bradley should lead the way for the Eagles. EF will be solid also only loosing 3 to 4 starters on both sides of the ball.

Yeah....EF is prolly gonna be playoff bound again, but I was kinda disappointed with Curry's early desicion to a college, hes gonna put up better #s this year than last year and more bigger and better colleges might be interested. Is the star WR returning or is he graduating? Who are the main studs returning for next year for EF??

From what I've seen on paper Gilmer should be outstanding again next season and will probably face Liberty-Eylau in the first round again. Gilmer will be an even bigger favorite this time because L-E must discover a quarterback. If L-E finds a good quarterback, Gilmer will face a very serious challenge again. The surprise team next year will be Texas High. They lost a lot to graduation, but they've got some very talented sophomores and juniors. The Tigers may lose early, but they'll be a good playoff team I'm guessing.

Originally posted by Slikk1803

Lets see, 17-2a

Top 4 contenders for '08 - New Boston, Hughes Springs, Daingerfield, Hooks

Outside looking in - Pewitt, Queen City, L-K, Redwater

2 good teams will be sitting at home come playoff time !!!

Hey Slikk, H.S. may be in the thick of it if Coach Ed can have a good first year. I hope he does, it was disapointing not going to the playoffs last year. I think Pewitt will make the playoffs too. They always come up with a good team. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pewitt will field a good team, they always do... There is gonna be 1-2 good teams sitting at home again this year... If I had my choice it would be D'Field, HS, and Pewitt making the playoffs, but I just don't see all 3 getting in...

Originally posted by TtownEagle803
Originally posted by getusome

Same ol song and dance in 19 2a. Tatum will be strong again with a good returning group from last years State Team. Pollard at QB, Beall LB & RB, and that JV RB Bradley should lead the way for the Eagles. EF will be solid also only loosing 3 to 4 starters on both sides of the ball.

Yeah....EF is prolly gonna be playoff bound again, but I was kinda disappointed with Curry's early desicion to a college, hes gonna put up better #s this year than last year and more bigger and better colleges might be interested. Is the star WR returning or is he graduating? Who are the main studs returning for next year for EF??

I thought the same thing about Curry making an early committ but it seem's to have only created more hype for him and I am sure he will live up to every bit of it. Their star WR did graduate but they have 2 more that should do very well. Curry, Johnston, Smith, Kreigal, Benefield, Alkire, will all bring a lot to the table in 07.

yea curry early commitment was suprising. Im not sure he would get many more offers though...I dont think he puts up enough numbers. Watched him in a game this season where he went 1-10 and only 17 yards passing. Gonna need to get better numbers to get any real big offers.

Tatum is going to be stacked again and ive been hearing some good things about this beall kid. Should fill the shoes of creer better than anyone could. Ef troup and arp all have players returning and should be solid. Waskom and timpson have lost a few players but both might field decent teams next year. Waskom brings back 9 defensive players that started the second half of the season and around 7 or 8 on offense i believe. West Rusk has a new coach so who knows whats brewing there. Should be a tough district once again though:clap:

17AA - D'field, HS, and New Boston get in in no particular order.

Early favorite - D'field if Johhny Hurndon can stay healthy and Hill can fill Wharton's shoes at quarterback

HS - All skill kids coming back, lost some really good lineman

New Boston - plenty of athletes

Hooks - lost 17 or 19? to graduation

Pewitt - down in talent, still has tradition and a good system

Linden - still young, but with the potential to upset anyone

QC -

Redwater -

Winnsboro should be a threat in 16 2a. I think that they may have finally found and knows what it takes to win. Even though they will loose their starting quarterback and kicker this year to graduation, there is one that is as good if not better in some respects waiting in the wings. I look for another matchup with Dekalb in the playoffs next year and hopefully with a different results.

I do not know about the other teams in the district and how they will stack up.

Football is great, lets hear from some of the 1A teams, and some of the teams that didn't do too well last year but are expecting better this next year

Beckville should have promise, if we can stay in the lights and out of the back rooms, we should be solid......

example.....

Mt. Enterprise, should be tougher, Overton putting a pretty good program together,

they always do well in powerlifting, should evolve some line talent ?

Let's hear from ya......

I think there will be a good chance for 17-2A to go to any team next year, any team can make it, it just depends on who comes out there and want it the most. My 3 teams would have to be Daingerfield, Hughes Springs, and Paul Pewitt in that exact order. Nobody has left Hughes Springs they have the same team pretty much coming back, they had some big boys out there and they were only juniors and sophmores, and Paul Pewitt still has those big boys too, and despite those big guys they will have a good team regerdless. Daingerfield will be better also, I heard they were going to switch one of there wide recievers to QuarterBack, and I think that would be a good transition for them, because they have the Athletes. And for the rest they will have to play extra hard, because anyone 0f them can make it, I just gave my opinion based on who is coming back from there teams. There will always be a team in the district try to come and sneak up on you.

Originally posted by BigRedFan

Winnsboro should be a threat in 16 2a. I think that they may have finally found and knows what it takes to win. Even though they will loose their starting quarterback and kicker this year to graduation, there is one that is as good if not better in some respects waiting in the wings. I look for another matchup with Dekalb in the playoffs next year and hopefully with a different results.

I do not know about the other teams in the district and how they will stack up.

you don't replace a Hawkins- that kid was a gamer

I look for chapel hill to have another good year. they started of slow last season but they picked up the pace toward the end and got in to the playoffs.They have a talented JV team moving up who were district champs last season. i look for Chris mass and Tony Rilly to have big seasons. they have a LOT of returning starters.

Originally posted by chilipepper3

Thank God it is the Spring....Can we please stay focused on Spring Sports....

chilipepper, i wouldn't go there...i tried to explain that spring sports deserved just as much credit as football and not everybody does spring drills and just about every rude person on this thread bit my head off and told me that there are threads for spring sports...that if i didn't want to talk football to get off...i'm just letting you know before you get your head munched like mine was...

but i agree, spring sports deserve just as much as credit, they work just as hard

MP got a little second semester gift from paul pewitt...B.A. Betts transfered from omaha paul pewitt to mt. pleasant. betts is figured to play full back and linebacker. the rest of the tiger football team could be pretty solid. alot of speed and toughness on offense...and the defense should be good also...

mp did lose a lot of Seniors, mostly at the skill pos. but they have the talent to make up for the losses. i suspect another playoff run for the tigers next year.

11-4A 1. paris (its march and im going mad)

2. Texas High

3. MP

4.NL

5.Lindale

6.SS