Quitman-GS

GS is a very young team and Quitman is very experienced.....GS made some very young team mistakes that you cannot make against a good team like Quitman. Personally i think Matt threw a better game he definantly has better control that the Peckham kid, but hats off to that Kid for keeping the usually booming GS bats at bay. But great game hope GS gets em next time....you can Tell Quitman really wanted this one.

Originally posted by crossfire1407

GS is a very young team and Quitman is very experienced.....GS made some very young team mistakes that you cannot make against a good team like Quitman. Personally i think Matt threw a better game he definantly has better control that the Peckham kid, but hats off to that Kid for keeping the usually booming GS bats at bay. But great game hope GS gets em next time....you can Tell Quitman really wanted this one.

How would you call quitman experienced when they have NO seniors on the team?

Congrats to Quitman and Peckham for the win. Sounds like Quitman wanted this game a little more than GS did. In response to ThEnEwBeGiNnInG how do you pound the baseball and only score 2 runs? Sounds like Matt through a good game just not as good as the score shows.

Peckham usually pitches a good game against GS. GS just usually does not get shut out much but if memory serves me right that would be the 3rd one so far on the year. Matt is a great all around player but it looks like the night belonged to Peckham and the rest of the bulldogs. I would bet the tables turn for the next game though. We will see.

Matt had 10 strike-outs in the game as did Peckham. The 2 runs were both unearned as one got on by error and the other was a strike-out that got on by a passed ball. Errors plagued the GS defense all night. It could have been a totally different game otherwise.

well if you want to say that Quitman should have only maybe 3 losses right now instead of 13... because the teams they played besides Carthage, Mineola, White Oak, and maybe Henderson could possibly all be wins... instead i believe their record is 5-13 mainly because of walks and errors...and have you seen their schedule?? it might be one of the toughest schedules ive seen put together in a while... in the long run i believe playing the much better teams earlier in the year will help them grow to be a much better team as well

Quitman will be just fine.....As I have always heard around East Texas Baseball is that you can never count out Haylon Hardy....Great job Quitman....On the other had Grand Saline don't let this loss hurt....As the ol' saying goes....You win some, you lose some, and sometimes it rains......

I'm not arguing, I just don't know which ones are still playing. I kinda lost touch beginning last year when I didn't coach baseball. I know that Peckham, Peek, and Shack are the three. Did Frosch play last year? Is he still playing this year? Carden played last year. Was Taylor on the varsity last year? I ask not to be a pain, but just really because I cant remember.