Quitman - EW

ThEnEwBeGiNnInG

Originally posted by Sportsfan44

Is the game on Tuesday? If so I will go with Edgewood. If the Peckham kid pitches it Quitman has a good chance of winning.

last time i checked baseball was a team sport. after the great game friday i hear that peckham gave credit to his team on a great defense performance so it isn't just him on the mound.

Is the game on Tuesday? If so I will go with Edgewood. If the Peckham kid pitches it Quitman has a good chance of winning.

Just like Johnson isn't the only reason why GS wins, Peckham isn't the only reason why Quitman wins. Now i'll admit that he's a significant factor but one great pitcher isn't a team. I believe it's a pretty high scoring outing with Quitman coming out on top

Yea Ewoods thrashing of Quitman 18-1 was because of defense... and as i stated earlier it could get ugly if one team starts making errors and gets down... this one is defintely going to be placed on whoever puts the ball in play and make the other team make plays... Ewood had 5 or 6 hits in that game against Quitman last year...

I agree that baseball is a team sport, but as most people know if you have a pitcher that strikes out the majority of the batters and the only balls put in play are routine plays then they should have a good chance to win. It does not matter how good your defense is if your pitcher can not throw strikes and compete in the game. I just do not see Quitman playing as well w/o Peckham on the mound.

I agree that baseball is a team sport, but as most people know if you have a pitcher that strikes out the majority of the batters and the only balls put in play are routine plays then they should have a good chance to win. It does not matter how good your defense is if your pitcher can not throw strikes and compete in the game. I just do not see Quitman playing as well w/o Peckham on the mound.

thats what happend last year Conely threw 88-92 the whole game and they just put the ball and play and the defense made errors and it added up quickly... so if the defense does make errors thats what costs the game... not just the pitcher...

haha only one ball hit off the wall and it was Hogans hit to center... i caught for the guy 4 years he had a dominant changeup as well... and if i remember correctly his best pitch that night was a curve ball... they were just on his fastball and changeup wasnt workin well... so dont speak unless you know what your talkin bout

Originally posted by livin4themoment9

Peckham did throw against GS, and he is throwing Tuesday against Edgewood

Why dont you prove yourself to be a complete idiot and just tell them which pitcher to prepare for. If you spent more time on baseball and less on smoaky it would probably help your team a lot more not to mention your grades