Without Colt McCoy......

Rhino2K

McCoy is without a doubt a good QB and the best on the tu roster, but they could probably stick Sherrod Harris or John Chiles in there and still have a potent offense. I personally think their success will go hand in hand with the secondary. They will be very young and inexperienced.

I think they lose to OU and will have one loss going into Kyle Field. I'm not predicting who wins that one because

1) It's a rivalry game and anything is possible

2) I would like to see both defenses before I make any predictions

Texas has a stout rush defense. It's their secondary that has me concerned. I think that pass-happy Nebraska and Texas Tech have a pretty good chance to beat the Longhorns at Darrell K. Royal this year. I'm also concerned about the offensive line. I believe that Oklahoma will prevail "in the trenches" on October 6. Any quarterback other than Colt would be scrambling for their lifes in the Cotton Bowl.

High alert game: Proceed with caution against Oklahoma State in Stillwater. :thumbsup:

Bottom line: The liklihood of victory increases when McCoy is under center.

OK, yeah I'm a UT guy, but seriously why do you guys think OU wins this year? What do they have coming back? They'll be breaking in a brand new qb and no AD. Texas had their way with the Sooners the last year, and I just don't see any reason they shouldn't do the same next year.

As far as the secondary, UT wasn't exactly "locking down" anybody last year, and they're bringing in some serious talent. I really think the secondary will be better than last year.

there is one guy yall seemed to have forgotten about...jamal charles maybe?? charles missed track season to bulk up with mccoy and put on about 10 pounds of muscle...if mccoy isn't available for some reason (i believe harris will be the man to step in) then the zone read will be used more often and so will the rushing attack with charles and you may even see some vondrell mcgee. texas will be just fine this year.

with mccoy...you could see a national championship

without him i say the horns still win the big 12 and go 12-2...one loss coming in conference play, the other coming in a BCS bowl game...i hate to say that.

ou returns patrick and kelly and a o line...that a lone will keep the texas d on their toes....and maybe ou isn't what texas needs to worry about...Oklahoma state will prolly have the highest scoring offense in the big 12 next season

im not too certain that OU will win the Cotton Bowl this year(sorry to say it Sooner Fans) because im not too certain about the qb position yet...i may change my mind by the time fall comes around....HOWEVER!! I think our neighbors over in Stillwater are gonna have one heck of a season....they are returning ALOT of their team and they have ALOT of talent....so if Texas is gonna be playin in Stillwater, im thinkin they are gonna lose....who knows....Okie State may even win the conference...

with mccoy...you could see a national championship

Im not too sure about that one...they have talent and always have good recruiting but i just dont believe they have a national title caliber team next year. Lots of losses on the oline and defense. IMO they are going to have a season filled with ups and downs...It could go either way if you ask me. Anywhere from 7-5 to 11-1. Just depends on how the teams they play are going. OU is always a tough game and with A&M and OSU you never know which team will show up. Those are the two games texas needs to look for imo...both on the road.