tatum baseball turnaround???????

TaTum-BASEBALL

Originally posted by WETSU

The difference is they are not in 3a having to deal with teams like carthage and LE

that's very true...they're playing what are basically a couple of 1As in Arp and West Rusk...and the rest of the district is FAR from the likes of Carthage/Liberty-Eylau...I think the weaknesses of the district will be shown when the teams out of the district are knocked out pretty early...but to be honest, 8-1 in any district is pretty good...cause you've to come ready to play everyday....as the Eagles found out last week the tough way

Originally posted by BoomerSooner20

should be thankful that they are 2a or would be the usual---out of contention

That line gets real tired. It is like saying you Gilmer or White Oak folks(or wherever you are from) should be glad you are not in Southlake Carrolls' district or you would never make the playoffs. Why can you just not congatulate those kids on a job well done? They happen to be in a classification based on their enrollment and a district where UIL has placed them. They are playing and winning. What more can they do? I am not even from Tatum but I want to congratulate them on their success this year. Nice turnaround. Represent ET well.

Originally posted by BoomerSooner20

should be thankful that they are 2a or would be the usual---out of contention

I believe they won the 3A state championship in football, as the smallest school, progressed deep in the play offs during the 90s when they were 3A.

They have have a record of 186-64-2 over the last 21 years. Unless you are from Alto and you are in East Texas your school does not have a better record.

I guess West of Gregton is White Oak and I know they are far down the list.

ok let's talk baseball... Tatum has been at the bottom of the barrel in baseball for the past few years and this year they have stepped up and are contending for the playoffs and potentially a district title... doesn't matter what district they are in these kids are playing their hearts out.. I don't even go to Tatum but it seems to me that they are playing with confidence and enthusiasm... congratulations Eagles keep up the hard work