Who will be at the top in 07

Stinger1

i think those teams already mentioned are most of the time at top. There were teams last year that dissapointed me. Marshall and carthage being some of the bigger ones on the list. They were also teams that came as a big surprise. EF and LE being at the top of that list...I think the real question is if those teams can make it back to last years expectations and will those dissappointing teams step it up.

WETSU,

Liberty-Eylau did surprise some, but people close to the area expected L-E to challenge for state.

With that said, watch out for Royse City next fall. They've got almost everyone back from an outstanding team. They had a sophomore quarterback who will be one of the best in Texas before all is said and done.

Originally posted by hogwash

Tatum Eagles, NUFF SAID.

Hogwash You R right. The Eagles will be tough to beat with Beall, & Pollard returning to their leadership roll in 07. EF will also give chase to the district championship look for Justin Alkire who benched over 300lbs a couple of weeks ago and is sure to get stronger, Johnson, Kreigal, Benefield, Smith, Linley and Curry too all be major players for the Jackets. Arp should be right up there also.

August can't get here soon enough

Originally posted by Stinger1

Tatum Eagles, NUFF SAID.

Hogwash You R right. The Eagles will be tough to beat with Beall, & Pollard returning to their leadership roll in 07. EF will also give chase to the district championship look for Justin Alkire who benched over 300lbs a couple of weeks ago and is sure to get stronger, Johnson, Kreigal, Benefield, Smith, Linley and Curry too all be major players for the Jackets. Arp should be right up there also.

300 isnt that impressive kid...There is a freshman in Waskom that can do that. hes only 15. Many people around the area consider that a reasonable bench these days...with good workout programs and kids just getting stronger everyday 300 isnt what it used to be.

WETSU, We can always count on you to give a negative comment about someone or something. If I remember correctly Waskom has a kid who won State 2 years in a row (Byrd is a great young man) but when it came time for all eleven to put it on the field Friday nights they could not get it done. Best of luck to the Wildcats in 07 you guy's are going to need it in one of the toughest district in the state.

wetsu, your new stadium, looks nice but, will the vistors side seat over a 100 guest. sounds like we can count on all the bashers to come out of the closets, stinger i think that that are all mad they started baskettball season EARLY.

Im really not trying to bash on ef or tatum or anyone in this district. I guess you misunderstood. I was just trying to point out that 300 pounds isnt unheard of. yes its good but lots of kids can do it these days. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. And the comments about the field are well deserved. That is the most pathetic excuse for a new stadium i have ever seen and the entire town is ranting about it trying to get it redone. But as you know the school must be finished first because education is what everyone looks at. According to the powers that be the stadium will be rebuilt before the season "time permitting." this had nothing to do with the school. The contracter was HORRIBLE! Believe me im embarrassed with this along with the whole town.

Royse City, LE, and Gilmer. Of those three whoever turns the ball over the least when they play each other may win it all in DI 3A. Royse City has an easier go of it since their first two rounds will be easy and Gilmer or LE will be gone after the 1st round. It will all come down to whose healthy and who protects the ball when they play. Gilmer vs LE and Gilmer vs RC or LE vs RC woud all be games you don't want to miss. If Chapel Hill goes big school they could be a spoiler I would not overlook them.

Originally posted by WETSU

Im really not trying to bash on ef or tatum or anyone in this district. I guess you misunderstood. I was just trying to point out that 300 pounds isnt unheard of. yes its good but lots of kids can do it these days.

That might be true, but 300 lbs is a lot different for a skill type kid who's less than 200 lbs than it is for one of the hogs on the line who weights well over 200 (Or 300 in many cases). Body weight/strength ratio is more important than a simple bench weight.

With that said, I'm not so sure about my Ragin' Red this year ... I haven't heard or seen enough to make a judgment, but if Kilgore's past season was any indication of times to come ... well, I guess I'll just have to see.

Originally posted by Middle

Im really not trying to bash on ef or tatum or anyone in this district. I guess you misunderstood. I was just trying to point out that 300 pounds isnt unheard of. yes its good but lots of kids can do it these days.

That might be true, but 300 lbs is a lot different for a skill type kid who's less than 200 lbs than it is for one of the hogs on the line who weights well over 200 (Or 300 in many cases). Body weight/strength ratio is more important than a simple bench weight.

With that said, I'm not so sure about my Ragin' Red this year ... I haven't heard or seen enough to make a judgment, but if Kilgore's past season was any indication of times to come ... well, I guess I'll just have to see.

I saw the Alkar kid from EF at the regional power lifting meet he competed in the 181 lb weight class so I would have to say that pushing over 300 is pretty impressive. LE, Gilmer, Tatum, Atlanta, Longview, all should be pretty solid in 07.

Could not of said it better myself

Originally posted by Stinger1

Tatum Eagles, NUFF SAID.

Although the 300 lb bench is good it really depends how much over 300 lbs the person is doing, how much he weighs, what grade is he, what positon he plays and how quick he is. I have a friend who's son is in the 8th grade at PG. He weighs around 150-155 lbs, he benches 235 lbs, squats 350 lbs, power cleans 205 lbs and is a very fast skill position player. I feel that this is probably as much or more impressive than a high school Jr. OT that is 6' tall and weighs 260 lbs that benches 300 lbs or more, depending on how much more.

Originally posted by getusome

I saw the Alkar kid from EF at the regional power lifting meet he competed in the 181 lb weight class so I would have to say that pushing over 300 is pretty impressive. LE, Gilmer, Tatum, Atlanta, Longview, all should be pretty solid in 07.

I did not see this post when I made my first post, this brings a different prospective to the subject. I would like to know what position this person playes and what grade he is in.

Originally posted by orange80
Originally posted by Jackstrap

Lone Oak will go 10-0 in regular season and then 3 deep in Play-offs. Yep, that's what I said. You just watch.

Dont jump to conclusions to fast. Did you forget about Caddo Mills? Desmond Brigham is a beast. Im sure the other teams in the district are getting better also. Edgewood will have a young team mainly of Sophomores and Juniors but look for them to be pretty good.