McMannus Out at Texas High

THSfanatic

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

How can they let this guy go?

Total injustice.

Why dont we bench Mallett as starting QB because he didnt win us a state title??????????????????????????????Come on folks. When you have something good, dont do it wrong.

Uhhhh Mallet is already at Michigan. I think there is a difference between a player and a coach.

How can they let this guy go?

Total injustice.

Why dont we bench Mallett as starting QB because he didnt win us a state title??????????????????????????????Come on folks. When you have something good, dont do it wrong.

The guy has been here 20 years. You obviously have no idea

what has gone on with Texas High basketball. How many coaches have been at one place that long???? He's a good

guy.....it's just time for a change. TISD did not fire him, he is

still employed here.

Originally posted by deepsnapper

THE SUPT @ T-HIGH DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO PUT THE AIR IN THE BALL. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT HE HAS NEVER PUT A JOCK ON BEFORE. HE WAS PROBABLY A MALE CHEERLEADER.

What? What does that have to do with anything?

It is time for a change. McManus has had some good talent at Texas High but I have felt like he did not do enough with it. It used to drive me crazy years ago when he would substitute five players at a time after a certain time in each quarter. One guy would finally get the hot hand and find his shot and next thing you know, he was coming out of the game because it was time for the next five to come in. Didn't make sense to me.

It made sense to me (the substituting). More kids were playing, they were fresher playing a very up tempo game. Liberty-Eylau's girls do a similar thing and look at their success. McManus was a very good coach. Talent in Norheast Texas is not as good as some people was to think. This is not a good basketball area for boys. It's not just Texas High, it's everywhere in Northeast Texas. I think basketball is getting better, and baseball may be on its way down in the next 10-20 years. I'm talking about Northeast Texas. I look for Texas High basketball teams to continue making the playoffs, but it's going to take a very special group to go deep into the playoffs against the teams they face in Dallas.

I am not a basketball expert, but I found watching Texas High basketball painful. Actually I thought T-High under McManus coach teams played aggressive defense, but felt the offense was undisciplined. Against less talented teams they would light up the scoreboard but against well disciplined teams they struggled. The positive of the substitutions is if you made varsity, you knew you would play.

Originally posted by leopard

Talent in Norheast Texas is not as good as some people was to think. This is not a good basketball area for boys. It's not just Texas High, it's everywhere in Northeast Texas.

Including Clarksville, Rivercrest, and Avinger? :hmmm:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by leopard

Talent in Norheast Texas is not as good as some people was to think. This is not a good basketball area for boys. It's not just Texas High, it's everywhere in Northeast Texas.

I'm thinking Billy Mack Steed has some stats in his many years of coaching that may contradict that statement.

What I am trying to say is why reassign a guy who was getting to the playoffs at the HIGH SCHOOL level? That makes as much sense as benching Mallet. I know he went to Michigan, but say he had a year to go at Texas High, would you bench him because he did not get a state title? Of course not, so why do that to Coach M??????????????????

What I am trying to say is why reassign a guy who was getting to the playoffs at the HIGH SCHOOL level? That makes as much sense as benching Mallet. I know he went to Michigan, but say he had a year to go at Texas High, would you bench him because he did not get a state title? Of course not, so why do that to Coach M??????????????????

Not trying to sound conceited or anything, but at Texas High, district champoinships and just making the playoffs isnt enough. Most sports already win district regularly, so thats not a huge accomplishment.

The analogy makes absolutely NO sense. 1 playoff win in 17 tries. Nobody is talking about not winning state titles. We're

talking about just winning A playoff game. Again....it's just time for a change.