Hughes Springs vs Quitman

Guest JAKEBRAKE

I have heard, just heard, that Tommy Stewart has applied for the Texarkana College coaching position that just came up. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that.

Tommy Stewart is a great coach but, you are stretching it by saying he is one of the best in the state. Sure he has won alot of games and gone deep in the playoffs but he has had alot and i mean alot of talent at hughes springs..great coach yes one of the best in the state no!

Originally posted by ndbaseball08

Tommy Stewart is a great coach but, you are stretching it by saying he is one of the best in the state. Sure he has won alot of games and gone deep in the playoffs but he has had alot and i mean alot of talent at hughes springs..great coach yes one of the best in the state no!

He is one of the best in the state. He has won over 100 games in 4 years at Hughes Springs. If you remember his first year, when he took HS to the regional semi's, he wasn't loaded with talent. It's a subjective opinion of course, so we will have to agree to disagree.

ya that is great but when he gets 844 wins and several state titles and 4 or 5 apperances and playoff teams every year like coach andy malone he will be considered one of the best in the state... but your right we probably wont agree but yes he had great talent all 4 years there!! But this isnt about how good he is so GOOD LUCK HUGHES SPRINGS !!!!!!

Originally posted by AwesomO

Who said anything about Andy Malone? I thought we were talking about Tommy Stewart.

Coach Stewart is one of the best in the state. Not because of his 100 wins,if he had 50, he'd still be one of the best. I say this after watching alot of his practices. He runs a very efficient practice and prepares his players well. He has had alot of talent, but I promise you he made them better. Little things win tough games and he is a very detail oriented coach. They may win alot of games by 8 or more, but they were prepared to win by 1. I hope the Texarkana thing is a rumor. The kids really look up to him. Good luck Mustangs. Oh yea one negative about Coach Stewart. He #### at coin tosses.LOL

it wasnt about andy malone i just think coach stewart isnt one of the greatest coaches in the state! Maybe if i was from hughes springs i would think the same thing but i dont know! i am certainly not bashin coach stewart by any means i just thin he is a good coach the best in the state have tons of wins and at the rate he will be there one day but until then i dont think you can judge his future sucess! good luck to him in the future and right now but if he continues to have loads of talent he will be good if he losses it then he may not we dont know the future!:houastros: