hooks vs grand saline

you cant even click for gs on the poll... I dont care about it anyways, but is this a 3 game series or 1 game... but either way i see GS hammering them... Hooks played a mediocre Harmony team and barely survived that... GS will be way better than Harmony was... Unless there is matchup problems, or GS makes errors I see them taking it easily...

BTW: im sure someone will chime in and say but Harmony has a good coach so that makes up for the mediocre players... There team this year was just not good at all... and Luce is probably one of if not one of the top 5 best coaches in East Texas...and Hooks will have to deal with him and the Indians

you cant even click for gs on the poll... I dont care about it anyways, but is this a 3 game series or 1 game... but either way i see GS hammering them... Hooks played a mediocre Harmony team and barely survived that... GS will be way better than Harmony was... Unless there is matchup problems, or GS makes errors I see them taking it easily...

BTW: im sure someone will chime in and say but Harmony has a good coach so that makes up for the mediocre players... There team this year was just not good at all... and Luce is probably one of if not one of the top 5 best coaches in East Texas...and Hooks will have to deal with him and the Indians

the catcher isnt gonna pitch the ball for them... or hit for them. they put up 7 total runs against a very weak pitching and defensive Harmony team... and Harmony's first 3 hitters are decent, but after that they have nothing and put up 4 runs... GS will have better pitching and way better batters... so I believe this series wont even be close, unless like i said before GS makes errors, and just plays unlike GS...

Originally posted by wdh

Hooks wins in two games

could u give some reason to that or you just being a homer? because that is a very unlikely situation that they will win in 2 against GS... it could happen because it is baseball, but not with a GS team that is very well coached and has good enough athletes to win this series with no problems... you didnt even say why they would win in 2 just that they would...

Don't know much about GS and just a little about Hooks, but I will say one thing for Hooks. Experience is not on GS side, I know Hooks has won district the last couple of years and went several rounds both years I believe. Another thing they beat Hughes Springs 5-3 and got beat by them I think 4-6 the second time (didn't see the 2nd one) and the pitcher they threw the 1st time against us had like 12 K's and only gave up 5 hits. If he can do that against us he can beat most other people too. Anyways just my two cents, I think Hooks wins this one and if ya'll are taking them lightly in GS it will be an early exit for you guys.

Originally posted by yourwrong

Don't know much about GS and just a little about Hooks, but I will say one thing for Hooks. Experience is not on GS side, I know Hooks has won district the last couple of years and went several rounds both years I believe. Another thing they beat Hughes Springs 5-3 and got beat by them I think 4-6 the second time (didn't see the 2nd one) and the pitcher they threw the 1st time against us had like 12 K's and only gave up 5 hits. If he can do that against us he can beat most other people too. Anyways just my two cents, I think Hooks wins this one and if ya'll are taking them lightly in GS it will be an early exit for you guys.

Grand Saline has won district the past 12 years if I remember correct so they dont have to take a back seat to anybody in experience-- They are probably not as strong as the past few years but they have two good pitchers and will play sound baseball

Originally posted by yourwrong

That is about the most uneducated statement you could possibly make. Do your research before you go just regurgitating remarks. GS has many, many district championships, state tournament appearances, and almost three rounds deep for the last 12-14 years. GS wins hands down.

Whoa Tonto,

Did I ever say Hooks has MORE experience even though being from the same area I do know they have been to Austin several times as well. If we are talking about the kids who are currently playing then it sounds about even. Hooks has went several rounds with the same players the last couple of years. I think they have like 12 seniors or something around that and most of them have been playing Varsity for them since they were soph. and fresh. It seems like everytime we have played them in the last 4 years it has been the same kids.

by the way ftball4life, since u want 2 b a smart @$$ and talk about someone being uneducated at least know how to use the words u r using. Just using big words doesn't make u smart, u actually proved your ignorance. Regurgitating meens repeating, did I repeat something that someone else said? You GS guys r getting #### off just because someone doesn't pick u. That is the stupidest thing i have ever seen. The post says Grand Saline or Hooks not give a disertation on why you think someone will win. So to call someone just a homer when that is all you guys are is pretty stupid. Never liked hooks that much because they have always kind of been the OTHER 2A baseball team in our area but I sure hope ya'll put these guys out. So good luck Hooks

GS in two quick games Hooks has no chance and they are not even close to the tradition and expectations GS has from its baseball team every year. GS has probably the best 2A player in the State, and they have the bats to put up runs on any team. Hooks has no chance.

Originally posted by crossfire1407

GS in two quick games Hooks has no chance and they are not even close to the tradition and expectations GS has from its baseball team every year. GS has probably the best 2A player in the State, and they have the bats to put up runs on any team. Hooks has no chance.

I assume you're talking about Johnson. He is a very good player and is probably ONE of the best 2A players in the state. Has he had any offers to play anywhere?

Originally posted by AwesomO
Originally posted by crossfire1407

I assume you're talking about Johnson. He is a very good player and is probably ONE of the best 2A players in the state. Has he had any offers to play anywhere?

No dude hes the best. A lot coaches around the state have come to that consensus. Even if you still wanna argue with state, hes the best in the Area in 2A. Hes had some offers to play at some places...I heard Baylor for one....but he wants to play JUCO first to gain some collegiate experience from what i have heard.

Are you serious about this tradition ####. I called one of my friends in Hooks and talked to him yesterday after all this mess. He knows they went to Austin 3 times in the last 20 years at least, they have won numerous district championships, a 12th round draft pick last year a guy that just retired from the big leagues a year or two ago and several guys who have played in the minors and he knew of about twenty guys who played college ball through the 90's and 00's. I think you GS guys think way to highly of yourselves and would be brought down a notch if you played in the North east Texas area. I can't believe I am taking up for Hooks but I can't stand big mouth guys.