hooks vs grand saline

Johnson wants to go to UT. He has told me personally that it is his dream. But, being a Longhorn myself, and following their baseball, I dont think he is honestly good enough right now to play for a powerhouse like UT. Maybe with 2 years at a JUCO he can transfer, but I dont see him pitching or being a starter for UT anytime before he is a senior. But who knows, some athletes get to college and really blossom, and he has the talent and athletic ability to do that.

im gonna stir up the fire in hooks a little bit more since they are more of a god than Zeus... How many straight district championships and playoff appearances does GS have anyone... I think district championships IN A ROW is around 12?

Texarkana paper said Stevens (Hooks pitcher) had 17 K's and gave up 5 hits and Hooks has 11 hits. Heard Johnson had a big hit in the 7th for GS but wasn't the best 2A player in that game more less the state. I do not know just what I heard I am sure he is great and I wish all the luck to him, and I did hear this from a HOOKS person but they said Stevens was the best pitcher last night and Choate was the best hitter last night.

Originally posted by crossfire1407

GS in two quick games Hooks has no chance and they are not even close to the tradition and expectations GS has from its baseball team every year. GS has probably the best 2A player in the State, and they have the bats to put up runs on any team. Hooks has no chance.

:whome:

Well it is a little early to cash in ones whole high school career based on one game. Lets see how the series pans out. IMO pitching is the weakest part of Johnson's game, if he goes on to play in college chances are it will be in the field, at least starting out that way. If he can develope more as a pitcher he could excell in that catagory also.