2007 19-AA Football

T-townDrumma

last year tatum would have probalby won the 3a state title...remember that gilmer got wipe out in the first round....LE would of given tatum a run but I believe Tatum would of won!.....

look for Tatum to come out with something to prove.....Tatum is the back to back champs and that puts a huge target on their back.... alot of new kids have got to step up and fill big shoes, but i believe that coach Evans can put the peice together to make a run at three in a row... only 8 or 9 teams have won 3 in a row in TEXAS so that would be very Awesome for Tatum!!!!.... oh and we were unable to DRAFT anyone this year to boost our team ;)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by proudpapa

Bearbacker didnt you know it was against the law to smoke crack. Troup 4th plz. You think because we loose a few great players we are done. I am telling you thats not the case , we have some good talent stepping in and a great coaching staff. I see it just as last year Troup, EF , Tatum all fighting for district title. Arp left out.

You are correct Tatum, EF Troup or Arp. Bad thing is that a good team will be left at home once again.

Originally posted by hogwash

I really thought garrison would have went after coach PRINCE all out, or did they. we sure hate to see him LEAVE Tatum.

I dont think that they did. Dont think he was interested. He probably got a better deal where he is at now. We did get a good coach that the kids seem to reallly like. the numbers are up already from last year. Will be some new wrinkles from typical Garrison football though.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by getusome
Originally posted by proudpapa

Bearbacker didnt you know it was against the law to smoke crack. Troup 4th plz. You think because we loose a few great players we are done. I am telling you thats not the case , we have some good talent stepping in and a great coaching staff. I see it just as last year Troup, EF , Tatum all fighting for district title. Arp left out.

You are correct Tatum, EF Troup or Arp. Bad thing is that a good team will be left at home once again.

Yep but not them Jackets.........Stang'em

Tatum- to many horses, still will win district

EF- made a great run last year, could be better this year

Troup- could finish second

Arp- can never tell about this team, talent and speed

Garrison- going with tradition here

Timpson- better than the last two

WR- time to get out of the cellar

Waskom- Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't finish here. Need a defense and a lot more.

Guest bearbacker
Originally posted by troup7on7

thats alot of guts to predict that Arp will beat Troup and Troup wont go to the playoffs you are crazy

Someone real good is going to get left out......that's all there is to it. Last year it was Arp and I think this year it will be Troup.

Arp give me a break....no discipline...no coach.....Arp has no chance. Tatum better worry about splitting the series with Troup...because we all know Tatum is out of 2A in 08 realignment. EF will be tough. WR should be better because they can't get much worse:banging: All I have heard about Troup is the o-line will be huge.....

Funny how the bandwagon swings in EF. These statements comming from the same people that were trying to run the entire coaching staff out of town the first year are sopping gravy after last years record. luck counts also on your season record, and maybe this year your luck runs out!:cry:

Originally posted by allsport

Funny how the bandwagon swings in EF. These statements comming from the same people that were trying to run the entire coaching staff out of town the first year are sopping gravy after last years record. luck counts also on your season record, and maybe this year your luck runs out!:cry:

So true...Many teams can have a good season one year and go 4-6 or 3-7 the next. I know they arent losing many players but lots of teams return several starters and still have bad seasons.

Arp has plenty of discipline and an awesome coach! I would be honored to be on Coach Irwin's staff and would go to war with him anyday on the gridiron. He is a class act as are thousands of coaches around this great state. Arp will be good because they have alot coming up and Cooper is a beast and fast. Do not knock anybody, it is disrespectful and I wish all teams in this district a good season and good luck in the run for the district title.

Originally posted by WETSU

So true...Many teams can have a good season one year and go 4-6 or 3-7 the next. I know they arent losing many players but lots of teams return several starters and still have bad seasons.

ahh EF should have a good year.. Tatum is looking forward to playing there!!! good luck to all hey EF are you coming to Tatum for saome 7 on 7 action?????

Originally posted by warhawk1432
Originally posted by WETSU

ahh EF should have a good year.. Tatum is looking forward to playing there!!! good luck to all hey EF are you coming to Tatum for saome 7 on 7 action?????

I wasnt saying they were going to have a bad year...Just saying that returning most your team doesnt give you a automatic great team.

I think if Arp wouldve had Cooper on Varsity for District they wouldve won some of those close games they lost....I know he was a freshman but he would have been an explosive return man for them in District. Enough about last year this is about the 2007 season, i just want to say....yall better watch out for this kid in the future...very powerful, and dont take this young Arp team so lightly... Good luck to all.

Originally posted by noisyguy39

I think if Arp wouldve had Cooper on Varsity for District they wouldve won some of those close games they lost....I know he was a freshman but he would have been an explosive return man for them in District. Enough about last year this is about the 2007 season, i just want to say....yall better watch out for this kid in the future...very powerful, and dont take this young Arp team so lightly... Good luck to all.

Yes.....he is fast.......yes he is very talented....in every sport he plays........BUT he is very fragile also...He can't outrun all the big hits. I wish no ill will on this kid but my sources tell me a big hit on this kid could agrivate old injuries.......

My prediction....

1. Tatum(Never rebuild, just reload.....not boasting, just stating the facts from history.)

2. EF(yes, rip me if you will but they have A LOT comming back.)

3. Arp(very fast with one nasty WR in 6'4 200 lb Sedrick Johnson, they need more disipline though)

4. Troup(based on not knowing if they have another stud work horse to fill Davis' spot, they could easily get a playoff spot with another stud RB)

5. Garrison

6. West Rusk(they have a BIG RB around 6'2 250 lbs with 4.6 speed, should spark some wins but I dunno if its enough to rise to the top of 19AA)

7. Waskom

8. Timpson(Lost a big part of the running game to graduation.)

Tatum's studs comming back....

QB/LB Cashas Pollard (Has 2 rings as a starter, has great leadership and tons of experience)

RB/LB Bryce Beall(6' 200 lbs will strait wreck your dome at the LB spot, devistating power back with some finess moves as well, recruited by several big 12 schools)

RB/LB Daniel Bradley(moved up to varisty in the playoffs, will be the next great Tatum RB filling the role that Beall played last year.)

WR/DB Chance Blackmon(6'2 185 lbs - led in receptions and REC yards last year, recruited by several big 12 schools as well)

WR/DB D.J. Whiting

WR/DB Calvin Stoker

WR/DB Laterion Fletcher

OL/DL Brandon Arthur(6'4 315 lbs)

OL/DL Tristan Miller(6'2 245)

Several more people comming back that played a big roll last year with a lot of talent moving up. Should be another great year in Eagle Country.