17AA Football

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by brahma4life
Originally posted by Deepball010

Yea they were the only team to beat NB's Freshman squad last year ... pretty good game

How did that happen? Pewitt's freshman (JV) team lost one game last year and it was to QC, they beat New Boston.

This is correct.

Guest JAKEBRAKE

I will be curious to see how Pewitt does this year. They are supposed to be starting a sophmore QB with subpar speed but a pretty decent arm. Could this be the year that Pewitt spreads em out?

Originally posted by JAKEBRAKE

I will be curious to see how Pewitt does this year. They are supposed to be starting a sophmore QB with subpar speed but a pretty decent arm. Could this be the year that Pewitt spreads em out?

? That is news to me. We have a soph with good speed (4.6) and a decent arm, but they will not air it out, except pitch to the FB, TB, and HB.

Originally posted by kevnasty

i see pewitt out of the mix, too many teams with strong RUN defenses are in the district.

I look for Dfield on top followed by Hughes springs and hooks

You are right, they sure stopped us last year. I guess we should not even show up, on second thought we will see you (kevo) this fall.

Originally posted by kevnasty

i see pewitt out of the mix, too many teams with strong RUN defenses are in the district.

I look for Dfield on top followed by Hughes springs and hooks

They said that last year too. Pewitt will always be in the mix. They proved that last year. I respect Pewitt, and I think all of Hughes Springs respects Pewitt. They've become a really good rival for us. Good luck to Pewitt next year and all of 17-2a, and as always Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 4-the-BULLS
Originally posted by Deepball010

Yea they were the only team to beat NB's Freshman squad last year ... pretty good game

How did that happen? Pewitt's freshman (JV) team lost one game last year and it was to QC, they beat New Boston.

This is correct.

PP beat NBs JV not Freshman... sorry i was so confusing

? That is news to me. We have a soph with good speed (4.6) and a decent arm, but they will not air it out, except pitch to the FB, TB, and HB.

Hard to name starters this early in the year. A lot can be determined between now and hot August two-a-days. Pewitt's freshman class this year was pretty strong so it would look good for the future to start some sophomores and bring them up together.

I'm not trying to be ugly...but the QB last year was not real fast either.

Spread em' out...you got to be kidding!!! I would be surprised. Although, we will have a new defensive coordinator.

I would look for LK, DFLD, HS and QC to be very tough, not really sure about Pewitt but NB and Hooks both graduated a ton of seniors this year may be tough for them to compete all season long. But that is what makes it exciting both Hooks and pewitt were not expected to be much this last year either and both had tremendous seasons. BTW Pewitt spreading it out could signal the end of the world as we know it.

LK should be competitive with a young backfield and Ghaston at the QB spot. Like I said earlier QC will be tough if their last season's JV is any indication. Daingerfield will definitely be a threat if Hurndon stays healthy and they can gather some kind of discipline. If Pewitt has a year like last year and turns a "not supposed to be strong" team into a playoff contender then look out the next couple of years because they will be pretty young. HS didn't lose a whole lot but it depends on if McKinney holds out on football for an obvious baseball career. Don't know much about NB and Hooks but like last year anything can happen in this district.

H.S. will have to convert to a new coach. Don't know if he is going to have a different style or not, but it will still be hard for some of the seniors to get use to a new coach. I sure hope he does some good things for our football program. Should be a great season no matter who wins! Can't wait till August. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!