17AA Football

I understand it is hard not to pick Pewitt and Daingerfield in the top three spots. Namely because Pewitt has such a great program and is in it every year no matter the athletes, and Daingerfield has that intangible long standing tradition.

Decisions being made on how the rest will fall should judged as this. L-k is good when they are good, they have had problems beating HS-Hooks-NB. NB is coming from the cellar dwellar of three A, and handling that success in AA is sometimes difficult. So as to say "the new has worn off", although the intangible for them is the coaching staff (excellent!). Queen City who knows just have problems winning although they play the heck out of people!

I definitely think PP and Dfield will be in the mix, UNLESS there is an upset or two along the way. I feel confident that the top six places could finish in any order.

Now kevnasty what kids out of daingerfield are going to HS. If so any big names or names period?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NBQB...do you know how rediculous you sound when every post you make starts out with "no you're wrong!" it's just our opinions on how the season MAY turn out...i'll tell you what, if it will make you feel better, if the standings turn out like you think they will then you can get on here, make faces at me and say i told you so...deal? :thumbsup:

NB will get either 4th or 5th, I just can't see us coming any higher. The only why we do so is if we work extra hard this summer, because we really need it. Im not counting us I would never do that, but the say the truth hurts. Dont be surprised if NB goes out and proves me and whoever else is talking down on them wrong.

Stev...I would have to agree with you. Anybody on any given night can win or loose. That is why this district is so tough. There is not really anyone team that has an "easy" road because everyone (besides maybe redwater) is a threat. Just see what Hooks did to Daingerfield last year. Everyone expected Daingerfield and New Boston to walk through district without a problem, and, well, it didn't happen for Daingerfield. I think even New Boston will admit they had to fight their way through.

All I know is that you better be ready to play when you step on the field with the Brahmas, because we don't go down easy!!

Wrong again, I dont agree, it want be know cake walk for any of them, but it will still turn out the way i said it would. I sound like a person that knows what he's talking about, maybe to you sense you really dont know what your talking about you want to make me sink with you (huh). Your wrong so you want me to be wrong to.

Yes we did have to fight last year, wasn't nothing easy, but it came from alot of hard work during the offseason and it payed off. Your right in the fact that pewitt dont go down easy, but we handled them last year in the last game of the regular season.

Originally posted by NBQB3

Yes we did have to fight last year, wasn't nothing easy, but it came from alot of hard work during the offseason and it payed off. Your right in the fact that pewitt dont go down easy, but we handled them last year in the last game of the regular season.

Neither does Hughes Springs. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBQB you sound like a fool again....what was i wrong about that time? you basically said you're wrong again and then said exactly what brahma and i said in different wording, then through in something silly about me wanting you to be wrong because i was wrong or something like that...

quit telling people they are wrong. cuz right now...NO ONE IS WRONG! look up the word....OPINION.

it's still june this thread should have never been made atleast not til football season starts before picking who wins district don't forget each team has 3 non district games we will be playing a 2A 3A and 4A team if we go 3-0 in those games then i think people will have us as the favorite to win district 17-2A but other than that this thread should be held off til football starts or yall can just argue til we play each other to see who wins.

Originally posted by NBQB3

Spelling is perfect in NB, ya'll are just big #### that listening slow or wrong.

WHAT???

Your right, I might be slow but that's because I have to be to figure out what you're saying. I sure hope the education system in NB is better then your portraying.

I dont know about kids moving from D'field to H.S. , but Pewitt has picked up a few elementary kids from Chapel Hill after they voted down football; At least that is what I hear. Tell me, is it true that Jared McKinney is not going to play football, to concentrate on Baseball?

Jarrod's future is in baseball, he has a bonified D1 offer from several Big 12 or SEC schools, But he loves High School football and plans on playing. As far as the D'field kids that have moved to HS, there is not a varsity player that will benifit the mix.

I called the fieldhouse at hughes springs and asked the coach about how many kids were playing on his team that were from daingerfield. He said he could not think of one on the varsity or JV. He said there were a few in junior high that had come in but that was it. Nice guy! I was sorta surprised.