17AA Football

you ppl trip me out !!

someone says something about kids from D'field moving to Hughes Springs so you call the field house... LOL

ppl have been moving back and forth from D'field to HS for years... I can remember being in school and the kids going back and forth every year... the towns are so close together if ppl are unhappy with one they up and jump to another...

Both school have good sports programs, one has better tradition, but the future is what matters most... So if a child and parent think they can improve their future in one place or the other, who are we to speculate ???

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Slikk1803

you ppl trip me out !!

someone says something about kids from D'field moving to Hughes Springs so you call the field house... LOL

ppl have been moving back and forth from D'field to HS for years... I can remember being in school and the kids going back and forth every year... the towns are so close together if ppl are unhappy with one they up and jump to another...

Both school have good sports programs, one has better tradition, but the future is what matters most... So if a child and parent think they can improve their future in one place or the other, who are we to speculate ???

Slikk,

Glad to see you have not lost your fine sense of diplomacy!

Guest CNOrtega

Guys, the season doesn't start till September. Not one game has been played. Not one minute of two-a-days have transpired. We have a whole lot of conjecture and not a whole lot else. We don't know who the starters are going to be, we don't even know who all is going to be playing. Power down, people.

Originally posted by CNOrtega

Guys, the season doesn't start till September. Not one game has been played. Not one minute of two-a-days have transpired. We have a whole lot of conjecture and not a whole lot else. We don't know who the starters are going to be, we don't even know who all is going to be playing. Power down, people.

you can have a pretty good idea who the starters will be...not all but some or most...and plus, this is texas (i'm sure you haven't forgotten that) football is a year round sport/conversation. nothing wrong with speculating how the season will unfold a little early :)

kooldown, whassup man !!!

i'm ready bro, just a couple more weeks and the diplomacy stops... i'm a 100% Tiger ... LOL

i have grown fond of my 17-2a foes though, and wish them the best of luck also... but it could get ugly come Sept.

laterz

i'm ready bro, just a couple more weeks and the diplomacy stops... i'm a 100% Tiger ... LOL

i have grown fond of my 17-2a foes though, and wish them the best of luck also... but it could get ugly come Sept.

laterz

I know thats right!! U know im 100% NB.... Best of luck to all the 17-AA teams, but im sorry to say NB's gonna come out on top!! LOL... Gonna be real interesting this season, with good teams loosing so many seniors, so over this season we'll see which teams gonna step up the youger guys.

Holla Back

KoolDown54

Originally posted by kevnasty

who was the clown that called dfields fieldhouse in June? with no one there.

Yeah, you're right, UIL doesn't allow coaches to go to the fieldhouse in the summer. LOL I guess the appropriate question would be, "who is the clown that thinks there are no coaches at the fieldhouse in June".

Originally posted by TurdFerguson
Originally posted by kevnasty

who was the clown that called dfields fieldhouse in June? with no one there.

Yeah, you're right, UIL doesn't allow coaches to go to the fieldhouse in the summer. LOL I guess the appropriate question would be, "who is the clown that thinks there are no coaches at the fieldhouse in June".

That was funny!!:whome::whome::coocoo::coocoo:

laterz

I agree Slikk, Good luck to all 17-2A teams. When the playoffs come it doesn't matter to me who is in I will be rooting for all of them! Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know that is if Daingerfield comes outta their 3 game non-district schedule healthy physically and mentally its gonna be tough to outscore us !!! We lacked some confidence with a young group of skill players last year after coming off those non-district losses... Tatum & Gilmer on the road this year and Spring Hill at home, no other team in the district can say they play a tougher schedule... If we come into district healthy with at least one win teams better watch out... I don't see us having two bad years in a row, it just ain't possible !!! The last time we missed the playoffs the following years team went to state, so maybe its a blessing !!!

Originally posted by YoYoMaaaa

Hey Kevfunky. I was the clown who called the fieldhouse. For your info coach told he works all summer. So who's the bozo now. Kev you must be a PP fan. Are you from there or just a transplant?

Why does he have to be from Pewitt? He is a Hooks -D'field guy. I know our Coaches at Pewitt work all summer, they know what it takes to win. Even when we don't have the talent, we find a way to win. Do you think it may be our Coaches? I do, and I for one think we have some of the best around.;)

Guest JAKEBRAKE

Slikk, your putting alot of faith in Hugg if you think he can take this team to state, especially now that Harvey is the OC. I hope they prove me wrong, but i just don't see those 2 leading us anywhere. I just hope this is Huggs last year, there are some really good athletes on the way there.

Originally posted by JAKEBRAKE

Slikk, your putting alot of faith in Hugg if you think he can take this team to state, especially now that Harvey is the OC. I hope they prove me wrong, but i just don't see those 2 leading us anywhere. I just hope this is Huggs last year, there are some really good athletes on the way there.

I will not get on here and bad mouth a coach, but I will say, yall should walk away with the distrcit title with the athletes you have. That being said, I think this backs up my previous statement about Huck and boys. They get it done with a bunch of boys that just play hard and believe in what they do, even if it does not include throwing the ball.

Guest JAKEBRAKE

I completely agree with the Huck statement. Maybe Hugg could take notes of what he's doing over there, like run the ball until someone can stop it.

Jake...

I never said we'd go to state, I was simply saying we're not meant to be outta the playoffs... And maybe that will make the boys work even harder to get back to respect !!! I'm not a big Hugg fan myself, but he is our coach and if you care ne-thing about the kids on that team right now then we got to get it done with the group we have... Who knows, we're due a big season, its been a minute !!!

I don't care if its Randall Hugg or Bill Cohwer, its like your hoping Hugg will do bad so he'll be gone... I say it ain't worth sacrificing these kids careers so we can get a new coach...

This should be an interesting year for the district that is for sure. Pewitt will suprise a few people but again I think that is almost an understatement these days. D'field will again have the talent just don't know if they can hold it together. HS will always be in the mix. NB should be in it with just the numbers that they have to pick from. LK will be ok as long as the Gaston kid doesn't get hurt. Hooks will need to get going early in my opinion. QC & Redwater will be on the outside looking in. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. May the best team win and win with respect.