17AA Football

Spread em' out...you got to be kidding!!! I would be surprised. Although, we will have a new defensive coordinator.

I talked with one of the coaches today at the grocery store and he told me that Coach Godwin had gotten married and taken an AD job near his new wifes home in Oklahoma. He will be missed, but we wish him luck. The Coach, would not say anything about the new DC or the search for the new DC. I'm sure they wont miss a beat.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pewitt_Brahmas

I wish Coach Godwin all the best. I just hope they get away from the three man front!!!

I asked what they thought they may run and got nowhere. Always been a very tight lipped staff. I think the 3-5 fit their athletes, but I too like 4 down and 3 backers.

Originally posted by kevnasty

i see pewitt out of the mix, too many teams with strong RUN defenses are in the district.

I look for Dfield on top followed by Hughes springs and hooks

Last year was the worst I've ever seen Daingerfield's run defense...the last three games we were torched by the opposition on the ground. If Hurndon is used properly and he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight, the Tigers should be pretty solid on offense, especially when you put him in the backfield with Jared Hill at quarterback.

Originally posted by brahma4life
Originally posted by Pewitt_Brahmas

I wish Coach Godwin all the best. I just hope they get away from the three man front!!!

I asked what they thought they may run and got nowhere. Always been a very tight lipped staff. I think the 3-5 fit their athletes, but I too like 4 down and 3 backers.

I agree, the 3-5-3 did fit their athletes in 2005. Last year was a different story. There should have been no reason for people scoring so many points on our defense. The main responsibility of the defensive lineman is to keep the o-line off the linebackers and when you are already out numbered five or six to three on the line that is hard to do. If you have linebackers that are quick enough to escape the o-line, (like Harrison in 2005) then ok. But when you don't, you need some help on the d-line.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the changes that Hughes Springs will go through (better, worse, stay the same)? As far as I'm concerned this will be the toughest district this year.

Here's my Forecast:

Daingerfield - loads of talent there and coming up

New Boston - really unsure about this one lost a lot of seniors

Hughes Springs - must get over the hump and beat pewitt lots of seniors back

Linden - the tigers are back and could challenge for all three spots

Pewitt - lost a transfer and graduated some good ones

hooks - graduated like 17 seniors

Queen City - always fast just have trouble winning

redwater - sorry guys good JV team but somebody has to finish here

I think there are 7 legitamate playoff teams in this district. Like I said watch out for the blue tigers of cass county.

Originally posted by YoYoMaaaa

Does anybody have any thoughts on the changes that Hughes Springs will go through (better, worse, stay the same)? As far as I'm concerned this will be the toughest district this year.

Here's my Forecast:

Daingerfield - loads of talent there and coming up

New Boston - really unsure about this one lost a lot of seniors

Hughes Springs - must get over the hump and beat pewitt lots of seniors back

Linden - the tigers are back and could challenge for all three spots

Pewitt - lost a transfer and graduated some good ones

hooks - graduated like 17 seniors

Queen City - always fast just have trouble winning

redwater - sorry guys good JV team but somebody has to finish here

I think there are 7 legitamate playoff teams in this district. Like I said watch out for the blue tigers of cass county.

i just think you got to have pewitt in there..

1. Daingerfield

2. Pewitt

3. HS

4. NB

5. LK

6. Redwater

7. QC

You people got it all wrong, its going to be D-field at number 1, Paul Pewitt at number 2, Hughes springs at number 3, NB at number 4, Queen City at number 5, L-K at number 6, Hooks at number 7, and RW at 8th. It want surprise me any if Q-C or NB finds a way to sneak up in the number 3 spot. NB indeed graduated a lot of good seniors, but that dont mean a thing, barker is a definte winner, so he knows how to get it done. As for QC they had a real good JV team and they will be in the runnig for a spot also. Paul Pewitt will be good no matter what, the may have lost a few seniors, but that will not hurt them that much, they have a lot of juniors coming back to help the team out. As a matter a fact they had a couple of juniors make 1st team last year, so never count PP out. Hughes Sprngs will be good cause they had alot of juniors on there team, and they had a pretty good squad last season. L-K was young last year with 3 good guys in the backfield, but they want make that much noise next year, them 3 guys are good, but there not like the 3 from NB, they want be enough to win them enough games this comin up year. No disrespect towards redwater, but they just dont have it all together yet, they still need a few more years. As for hooks they will have to work up a miracle next year to even contend they had an offense and a defense that consisted of nothing but seniors, they have one good one in there running back pree, but he wont have that much help next year, there going to have to start from scratch. I think I saved the best for last Daingerfield is going to be the favorite next year, because they had alot of juniors last year, and they were athletes. Hill & hurdon will be the muscle for the tigers next year and they will indeed get it done for them next year, hurdon is a very good running back, runs with alot of power, he's hard to take down, and hill was a 2 way first team pick, he was first team corner, and first team WR, so they will be good, and i got word from some people that they may move hill to QB next year which will be awesome for them. That situation is similar to the tigers a few years ago when they moved jermaine Edmond to QB his senior year, when he played WR his junior year so you never know how that will turn out, but it will be a treat to see what happens next year.

I personally dont see any team that will be greater then the rest. Yes dfield has alot back from last years team but only ONE above average player, the rest are just bodies. Stop Hurdon and you beat dfield, simple as that. That is my prediction. I really dont see it being the toughest district, i kinda think it will be weak with some very early playoff exits for the 3 teams that just happen to make the playoffs.

Wrong D-Field nor PP goes home early. Maybe after 2, but not after one. Theres more to D-Field than Hurdon, they will win alot of games next year and i promise you it want be all because of hurdon, he will be one of the pieces, but he's not the team, so stop hurdon then you'll have more to deal with.

I think Pewitt will climb quickly up the poll. The Sophomore class is alot like the kids we had in 05 and 98. They have that kind of potential, but they are young. D'field is my favorite to win the district. We get them in D'field and they will be very motivated after last year. I will choose HS to take the other playoff spot.

ok weve all agreed on Dfield as #1 . but what about #2 #3 and so on.

Pewitt drops off the radar

Redwater Never been on the radar

New boston-nothing coming back( talent wise) and no depth and no talent

Hooks-#2 pick

QC-#3 pick

Liinden-#4 pick

Hughes springs-Might get lucky since so many dfield kids are getting sent there

ok weve all agreed on Dfield as #1 . but what about #2 #3 and so on.

Redwater Never been on the radar

New boston-nothing coming back( talent wise) and no depth and no talent

Hooks-#2 pick

QC-#3 pick

Liinden-#4 pick

Hughes springs-Might get lucky since so many dfield kids are getting sent there

Who does hooks have coming back???? If I can rember they lost alot of kids also!!

Kevnasty, you really think Pewitt is going to drop off the radar? What are you smoking? I think I remember this same type of conversation from last year...and we all know what happened then.

I think Pewitt will be right in the mix just like last year. They will be young, but you can't ever count out Huckaby and the boys!!!!

New boston-nothing coming back( talent wise) and no depth and no talent.

Man i really disagree with these two. Pewitt has alot of younger players, they may not be as strong but they will definatly still be "on the radar". And for NB no depth? no talent? your in for a rude awakening come football time

pewitt and daingerfield are two of th most consistant teams...heck in the state of texas. you all agree dfield is going to be there, but i think you have to ACTUALLY see pewitt lose before you can say they wont contend for the distrct title.

1. dfield

2.pewitt

3.LK

4.NB

5.hooks

6.HS

7.QC

8.red.

Stevosev 7 you got it all wrong, you were right there for a minute with the first to picks, but then you got kind of dumb or something. Nobody in there right mind would put the picks in that order. And by the way stevosev we beat them last year. (NB that is)

1. Dfield

2. Paul P

3. HS

4. QC or NB

5. NB or QC

6. L-K

7. Hooks

8. RW

And thats how its going to be

NBQB3...I'm glad you got it figured out, now we can just cancel football season since we know how its all going to end up.

At least I know Pewitt is going to the playoffs!!

Hey, can you tell me when I am going to find a new job, or do your powers not cover that subject?

I expected alot of people on here to not pick us but we will be better then we last year people think just because we lost alot of seniors we won't contend for the district title our D is loaded the only small problem we have is the quarterback postion we have about 3 guys dat might be competeing for the spot other than that we gonna be pretty good this year so gone and have us at forth place in district or whatever because we will just have to show yall and NBQB3 you are from the NB and you have us finishing 4th or 5th in district you don't know what your talking about.

1. NB

2.HS

3.Dfield

4.PP

5.QC

6.Hooks

7.LK

8.RW

Pewitt boy, braham boy, whatever you call yourslef. I dont have no powers, and you might just have to cancel the season, if you want to be smart about it, becaiuse thats how it going to be no matter what you say, so if you want to cancel it, then cancel it smart boy. You might never get hired no where trying to be a funny boy. And hard hitta yes Im from NB you know who I am, but that dont mean Im going to get on the thread and lie for us, thats not how it goes, this is not here for unlikely opinions. I put the truth.