quitman vs woodville

Quitman came back with 3 runs in the top of the 6th to tie the game but Woodville executed a perfect push bunt to score the winning run in the bottom of the sixth. Great season for a Bulldog team that will have all players back next season.

Guest fartlickrunner

These kids have won at every level!! This year was not a surprise to anyone in Quitman!! There is more to Quitman baseball than Hardy!! Coach Shackelford has had them on this road since they were about 8 years old. Coach Nolen brought a great attitude and playoff experience to the Dogs this year. They will be back next year, and will go to Austin!! It is not a one man show, Hardy is a great man but has needed the help of his staff this year to get where the are! Good job Quitman, now lets get in the WEIGHT ROOM!! Hardy can't save you now!!!

Hardy is a great Christian man as well as a great coach....Your right a great coach always needs some sort of help......Noone on here has ever said that it was a one man show.....I don't understand why everyone at Quitman does not like Coach Hardy....He has won everywhere that he has graced the third base coaches box.....Quitman baseball will be in a world of hurt if they keep trying to run this man. or should I say LEGEND, out of town........

No one is trying to run Coach Hardy off you tard. All fartlick runner was sayin is that Coach Hardy didn't do it all by himself and some people are trying to say that the only reason that the bulldogs made it as far as they did is because of Coach Hardy himself. Fartlickrunner is right we have won at every level we have ever played that is why losing that series and not advancing was so hard.

Fartlickrunner, I agree with you. Coach Shack has been with this group for a LONG time. His son is a part of this class and they are all really close. Coach Nolen did an awesome job this year as well. He was part of a winning program in Lindale for quite a while with Coach Surratt. So yes, Coach Hardy has a tremendous staff, but you have to give credit where credit is due and Hardy has done a lot for the baseball program at Quitman. Is he the sole factor to all their success this season? No, the kids make plays. Is he a big part of it? Yes. But he's only as good as those that are around them that support him and he's got a great AD that allows them to hit during the period and lift on their own. That shows a lot of respect to the program and confidence in his baseball coach to not let the boys fall behind in the off season program that is going on to help those same kids win in football in the fall. This is a top notch athletic program and it shows by their results in football, basketball, and baseball. Is it perfect? No, no program is, but the kids are well coached and they work hard. Hats off to Quitman athletics this year.

Originally posted by Broker2205

Fartlickrunner, I agree with you. Coach Shack has been with this group for a LONG time. His son is a part of this class and they are all really close. Coach Nolen did an awesome job this year as well. He was part of a winning program in Lindale for quite a while with Coach Surratt. So yes, Coach Hardy has a tremendous staff, but you have to give credit where credit is due and Hardy has done a lot for the baseball program at Quitman. Is he the sole factor to all their success this season? No, the kids make plays. Is he a big part of it? Yes. But he's only as good as those that are around them that support him and he's got a great AD that allows them to hit during the period and lift on their own. That shows a lot of respect to the program and confidence in his baseball coach to not let the boys fall behind in the off season program that is going on to help those same kids win in football in the fall. This is a top notch athletic program and it shows by their results in football, basketball, and baseball. Is it perfect? No, no program is, but the kids are well coached and they work hard. Hats off to Quitman athletics this year.

Extremely well put.....

a lot of people are put off by Hayland because he will tell you like he sees it and he doesn't care if it ruffles some feathers. if he thinks something needs to be said or done, he will say it or do it. i have worked with him in the past and i have not been around a better baseball coach. he is always prepared and has the kids ready to play. the people of quitman are lucky to have him, he brings a certain dedication to a baseball program that a lot of places don't have. sometimes parents don't like him, mainly because he doesn't give them any say so in the program, he's the boss and not little johnny's dad, i loved being around him. i'm a better person today because of it.

"there should be a fight at the bat rack" as said by Hayland Hardy

Hardy was not the sole reason they were successful, but he was a main ingredient. You may not like him, but you have to respect him. When he says something it is backed up. You cant say that about alot of the blowhards in this business who only like toot their own horn. Coach Hardy is too classy of a man to do that, but he took a team with alot of heart and mediocre talent to the regional semi=finals. Well, toot toot, you deserve it Coach Hardy.

Hayland Hardy is my friend and I am lucky to be able to say that. We have coached together and against each other for the last 8 years. He is so much more than a coach. He is the strongest Christian I have ever been around. He is also a tremendous father and teacher. A lot of people don't like Hayland. Some because he insists on playing the best player no matter who their parents are or how much money they have. Some because he is so vocal about his faith in the Lord. Others don't like him because he makes their kid tuck his shirt in or keep their hair one color. Some say he is too caught up in the little things. Those little things are what makes the difference between making the playoffs and going the the regional semi's.

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

Hardy was not the sole reason they were successful, but he was a main ingredient. You may not like him, but you have to respect him. When he says something it is backed up. You cant say that about alot of the blowhards in this business who only like toot their own horn. Coach Hardy is too classy of a man to do that, but he took a team with alot of heart and mediocre talent to the regional semi=finals. Well, toot toot, you deserve it Coach Hardy.

This is what makes people mad--idiots that have no clue that state Quitman has mediocre talent but still won---Quitman baseball has some outstanding talent. Peckham is throwing 86-89 consistently with slider coming in at 78-79. Over 150 strikeouts. Shackelford was by far the best catcher we saw this year. Peek was the best second baseman we saw this season. Lisenbe, Carden, and Mauldin all have athletic ability and made plays all season long. They did not win with smoke and mirrors-Anyone that watched the playoffs and has any baseball sense would know that