Best opening matchup for 2007 season

BAMF_0015

Get a life Kevnasty. You are always dogging Gilmer and by so doing you are acknowledging that Gilmer has a successful program ,if not you would not be so consumed with Gilmer. It is flattering that a Daingerfield Tiger is so consumed with Gilmer. I hope you can come to the Gilmer/D-field game and get to see your dream team, Gilmer, in action.

longview and lufkin would be a beauty to watch. if it were at lobo i would go.

That's what the October 5th meeting is for. :thumbsup:

But yes, the Longview/Lufkin match up at Ole Abe to start the season, should be a good one.

• 1 month later...

Let's see...................there are several possibly good matchups in zero week:

5A Lufkin vs. Longview

4A Kilgore vs. Mt. Pleasant; Whitehouse vs. Forney; 4A Hallsville vs. 3A Palestine

3A Celina (3A Div. II finalist '06) vs. Waco Robinson (3A Div. I finalist '06); Richwood, LA (3A semifinalist in LA) vs. Gilmer

2A Daingerfield vs. Tatum

1A Chilton (state champ '06 1A) vs. Mart (state champ '06 2A Div. II)

Another interesting matchup: 4A Paris vs 3A Gainesville

If I had to choose just one matchup it would be Celina vs. Robinson.

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Get a life Kevnasty. You are always dogging Gilmer and by so doing you are acknowledging that Gilmer has a successful program ,if not you would not be so consumed with Gilmer. It is flattering that a Daingerfield Tiger is so consumed with Gilmer. I hope you can come to the Gilmer/D-field game and get to see your dream team, Gilmer, in action.

Daingerfield will beat Gilmer this year. Gilmer's had a nice run but it's about to come to an end. Gilmer kind of reminds me of the Atlanta braves in the 90's all the district titles but only 1 state championship to show for all that talent that has rolled through there. Honestly, If i was a Gilmer fan, I would be upset that you only have 1 title to show. Nobody is scared of Gilmer anymore, and after that choke job in the first round last year it's pretty obvious that Gilmer is a one trick pony. Good looking offense, that everyone runs now, but the white flag defense will always let a decent team stay in the game. It's more fun now to go to a Gilmer game to watch Traylor jump up and down halfway on the field when a call doesn't go his way. He's like Tim Duncan, always whining about a call.

Im looking forward to Van and Grand Saline. It is the 80th meeting between these two teams....3rd longest running rivalry in Texas. Also looking forward to see if Calhoun shows OU material (which he should) and if Coach Phelps can get the Indians back the their winning ways. Could be a Good Game but that all will depend if GS plays up or not. GS has shown a lack of heart the past 2-3 games, If Phelps gets them believing......this could be a decent game and another 30-40 blowout.

Daingerfield will beat Gilmer this year. Gilmer's had a nice run but it's about to come to an end. Gilmer kind of reminds me of the Atlanta braves in the 90's all the district titles but only 1 state championship to show for all that talent that has rolled through there. Honestly, If i was a Gilmer fan, I would be upset that you only have 1 title to show. Nobody is scared of Gilmer anymore, and after that choke job in the first round last year it's pretty obvious that Gilmer is a one trick pony. Good looking offense, that everyone runs now, but the white flag defense will always let a decent team stay in the game. It's more fun now to go to a Gilmer game to watch Traylor jump up and down halfway on the field when a call doesn't go his way. He's like Tim Duncan, always whining about a call.

Easy killer. Let's not forget that even though they lost in the first round, we are still talking about Gilmer. Great athletes along with great coaching will always keep them close to the top. Now, I will say, they are not invincible. I give Tatum a legitimate shot to beat Gilmer, but I just don't see Daingefield being able to keep up with Gilmer's depth. Hopefully, in a few weeks I will be proved wrong, i'm a fan of the underdog, but that is just my opinion.