Prayers needed in Queen City

qccoachswife

Brandon Warren (baseball coach at QC) was diagnosed last Friday with colon cancer. He is having surgery tomorrow morning (6-11) at 10:00. They will remove a portion of his colon and biopsy some spots on his liver. I know the crowd is slim during the summer, but please remember Coach Warren in your prayers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon is now out of surgery and back up in his room. The removal of the tumor went as well as possible. However, the cancer has spread from the colon into the liver. We are now waiting for his recovery before we are able to travel to MD Anderson for our next course of action. Brandon and I have three small boys who are very confused right now as to why their daddy was perfectly fine last week, but is now so very sick. We would very much appreciate your continued prayers and strength. I have often said that being a coach's wife is such a blessing to me and my family...all you other wives know just how many kids that really includes. The coaching community is such a tight knit one and I know that with your continued prayers we can begin this battle that we will eventually conquer.

Brandon:

The staff at New Boston will be praying for you and your family. If there is anything we can do please don't hesitate to ask. I have been through this with a coach on one of my staff's and the support of other coaches is overwhelming. Hang in there and give it hell just like you teach your players!!

Coach Barker and staff

Brandon has been up and walking twice today. He also received two units of blood this morning and that has done wonders for his color and how he is feeling. He is very sore, but his spirits are high. We are so very thankful for all your prayers and well wishes. Keep praying...we plan on making a trip to Houston in a few weeks to put an "East Texas whooping" on this cancer.

Thank you,

Phyllis

Went through a simmilar situation a few years back and am completely healthy, except several feet short on my colon. The only thing that kept me motivated was coaching, and thinking about my family! Keep your head up and think about the positives! It can be very depressing but stay motivated. Try to act on all the positives that you instill in your players. Most importantly Look to God for answers, for he will guide you and your family through this. prayers from Me and my family to you and yours, also prayers from Arp! Hang in there coach.

Last night seemed to go better for both of us. We both got some much needed rest. Brandon has already been up and walking this morning, and is now napping comfortably. We are waiting on the results from the pathology report today, but don't anticipate that it will tell us much more than the stage of the cancer. Keep up the prayers and thanks so much for all your strength and support. Its reassuring just knowing that there are so many people out there pulling for us to beat this.