Prayers needed in Queen City

qccoachswife

Sorry that it has been so long since I updated everyone. I have set up a webpage at caringbridge.org. I have been trying to update that daily. So, anyway its there if you want to read about the past few days.

The short version is...We are home!!! The visit went very well. Brandon will be able to stay here in Texarkana for treatments. Depending on how those go, he may be considered for some experimental trials later on that would require us to be in Houston long term. Our doctor was encouraging, but also warned that he did not want to give us false hope. He said there is a small percentage of people who had the same scenario as Brandon who are 5 years out and disease free right now. Of course that gve us tremendous hope. Brandon will have to have day surgery in the coming weeks to put in a medi-port. This is how he will receive his treatments. The treatments will be administered over 2 days every 2 weeks. He will have to wear a pump that dispenses the medication and will be able to work, play, etc. as long as he feels like it. (He cannot however swim or skydive while wearing the pump. You can imagine how disturbing this was for him. HAHA!) We will go back to MD Anderson after 4 treatments for a reevaluation. I would like to say again...That place is incredible, amazing, phenomenol. I assure you there are not enough words to describe it. Everyone there is so encouraging and ready to share a story of hope. I thank God that we were able to get in there so quickly.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and concern. The support we have received has been overwhelming.

Phyllis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic