Tatum V Gilmer 07

warhawk1432

I believe that my statement I made didn’t say any thing bad about Gilmer….Yall have been in the spotlight for a few years yes ( true )………..Yall played an out of state team to prove that Texas High School Football is the real deal Yes ( true)………. you would think that there performance on the field would do all the talking….yes ( true)…….This wasn’t an attempt of bashing Gilmer……..When teams are put in the spotlight there is a desire to prove to people that you belong there………Yes (true)……………..All the talk on here should be left up to the players and coaches on the field……..So no need and trying to convince people that Gilmer is the real deal….They just came up short in the 1st round last year. But that was last year………..Tatum a 2a team with 5a potential will make for a good day in Tyler…No need in getting up set or typing 3 pages on defending Gilmer……The players will prove there greatness not a keyboard and a mouse!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Jake are'nt you from D'field?, your statement about desperate times at Gilmer may be the most stupid remark I have ever seen on here, or one of them. The Buc's will again be the cream of the crop in their district and will beat Tatum's very good team,at Tyler , they just have to much for Tatum, again.

And your statement about Gilmer being the cream of the crop of their district, may be the most stupid remark i've ever heard from a Gilmer fan, and we all have heard alot of them. That's like saying your the smartest person on the short bus. I would not brag at all about being the cream of the crop in that pathetic district. Tatum will beat you and beat you badly.

Back on topic here!!!!!!!!,,, The game against Tatum this year has me concerned. This is the kind of game you hope you catch sometime after mid season. When the district championship,, or the playoff picture is on the line. Even though these two teams aren't in the same classification or district,, it's always a big game. This is fast becoming if not already there,,, one of the biggest rivalries in East Texas.

Tatum may be 2A,,,, but they are barely 2A,,, and they always bring the players and athleticism that would indicate they are larger than where they are classified. They are a class team and a classy school. Having to play a team from Louisiana that we know very little about other than they did very well last year, and are supposed to be loaded with athletes,, then turn around and play Tatum in an extremely publicized game at Rose Stadium,,,, well that just makes the hair on the back of my neck tingle a bit even though it will have nothing to do with where either team winds up at the end of the year.

I wouldn't even dare predict how this game will turn out. I believe it will be competitive, hard fought, exciting, played with class, and probably pretty doggone close either way. I just hope both teams come into the game healthy, so there won't be any reason it won't be one of the best games of the year.

Back on topic here!!!!!!!!,,, The game against Tatum this year has me concerned. This is the kind of game you hope you catch sometime after mid season. When the district championship,, or the playoff picture is on the line. Even though these two teams aren't in the same classification or district,, it's always a big game. This is fast becoming if not already there,,, one of the biggest rivalries in East Texas.

Tatum may be 2A,,,, but they are barely 2A,,, and they always bring the players and athleticism that would indicate they are larger than where they are classified. They are a class team and a classy school. Having to play a team from Louisiana that we know very little about other than they did very well last year, and are supposed to be loaded with athletes,, then turn around and play Tatum in an extremely publicized game at Rose Stadium,,,, well that just makes the hair on the back of my neck tingle a bit even though it will have nothing to do with where either team winds up at the end of the year.

I wouldn't even dare predict how this game will turn out. I believe it will be competitive, hard fought, exciting, played with class, and probably pretty doggone close either way. I just hope both teams come into the game healthy, so there won't be any reason it won't be one of the best games of the year.

old buck,

i agree with you it is too early to say who is going to win! I love the fact that you love your hometown!!!! That is what i love to see on this forum!! everyone should root as hard as they can for their team!!!! I know coach evans and he will get tatum ready to play!!! but if you ask him if he had a choice between beating gilmer in game #2 or winning a state championship, it will be 3 in a row and use the gilmer game to get us ready!!! win lose or draw it will be a great game and i look forward to enjoy the game with you( i'll be yelling the loudest on the other side!!!!!) :thumbsup:

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Jake your knowledge of the game, I guess we all have to admit, is just mind boogling!

Not as mind "boogling" as the guy who already knows what the score is gonna be. He apparently is Yoda, i'm merely a young jedi apprentice.

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Jake I think predictions are allowed, I don't think they take kindly to basher's anymore, but good luck with it though!

i thought i predicted 36-14 Tatum. It's always nice jawing with the Gilmer folk, most of them are very thin skinned

i thought i predicted 36-14 Tatum. It's always nice jawing with the Gilmer folk, most of them are very thin skinned

Nuttin' wrong with jawin with other teams fans, that makes the games more interesting actually. But you're wrong about the Gilmer folk being thin skinned. Not any more so than folks from D'field, or Tatum, EF, or anywhere else. We just defend our team/kids like anyone else when others pop off about us. A couple of "ding dongs" from Gilmer, and a few more instigators from around E. Texas who stirred the pot with a big stick last year, got a lot of folks rilled up at the Buckeyes,,,,, and because of that we've taken a lot of flack. And that's cool,,, people can say what they want to, they have that right. But you know, it's kind of like an old dog that got some bad wounds in a fight with another dog,,,,, you reach down and touch one of those wounds,, and you might get your finger bit off. LOL

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Nuttin' wrong with jawin with other teams fans, that makes the games more interesting actually. But you're wrong about the Gilmer folk being thin skinned. Not any more so than folks from D'field, or Tatum, EF, or anywhere else. We just defend our team/kids like anyone else when others pop off about us. A couple of "ding dongs" from Gilmer, and a few more instigators from around E. Texas who stirred the pot with a big stick last year, got a lot of folks rilled up at the Buckeyes,,,,, and because of that we've taken a lot of flack. And that's cool,,, people can say what they want to, they have that right. But you know, it's kind of like an old dog that got some bad wounds in a fight with another dog,,,,, you reach down and touch one of those wounds,, and you might get your finger bit off. LOL

It's all in fun. But the Gilmerites do get their nerves touched a little quicker than most.

I hope that the Eagles of Tatum roll Jeff Traylor and his blackflag Buckeyes. By the time that Tatum gets finished with the Buckeyes the Blackflag defense of Gilmer will be turned into the Greenflag defense. And Gilmer will be doing this at the end of the game... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I hope that the Eagles of Tatum roll Jeff Traylor and his blackflag Buckeyes. By the time that Tatum gets finished with the Buckeyes the Blackflag defense of Gilmer will be turned into the Greenflag defense. And Gilmer will be doing this at the end of the game... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

can i get an AMEN!!!!! :happy65:

The defense is the main question mark for the Buckeyes this year, but my hope is they will figure out how to stop people. Lack of talent defensively hasn't been an issue, it's technique. Last year's team underachieved on defense, but the offense was good enough to offset that, until they played Liberty-Eylau. If Tatum can come in and score early a couple of times, they should win. If Gilmer's defense shows up and stops Tatum the first 2 or 3 possessions, I think Gilmer will win. Turnovers will also play a role if there are any. As far as I'm concerned, these two teams are very evenly matched. Personally, I don't like the defensive scheme the Buckeyes run and I make no bones about it. There's too much arm-tackling which is a sign of poor technique.

The defense is the main question mark for the Buckeyes this year, but my hope is they will figure out how to stop people. Lack of talent defensively hasn't been an issue, it's technique. Last year's team underachieved on defense, but the offense was good enough to offset that, until they played Liberty-Eylau. If Tatum can come in and score early a couple of times, they should win. If Gilmer's defense shows up and stops Tatum the first 2 or 3 possessions, I think Gilmer will win. Turnovers will also play a role if there are any. As far as I'm concerned, these two teams are very evenly matched. Personally, I don't like the defensive scheme the Buckeyes run and I make no bones about it. There's too much arm-tackling which is a sign of poor technique.

Blackflag I agree, in fact most fans, that I know, agree, I think Traylor agrees also, because from what I've witnessed in the 2-aday's, that I've watched, and heard, it is being addressed, not very lightly either. The offense is definitely hitting on all cylinders, the receivers look awesome, Stump has become alot more polished in his technique, along with his touch on the ball, since the 7th grade I think he's only lost one game, and we all know he has a shot every time to take to the house if he dicides to run, he is going to be fun to watch and think by season's end everyone that follow's HS football will know his name. The offensive line, all you can say is wow! KTraylor's work at it's finest, these quys have been together, most since the 7th grade, and in my opinion will absolutely dominate everyone this year. The "Bus" and the other runningbacks also are going to make some serious noise. Come game day, I think Jeff Traylor and crew will have the salt back in the Black Flag!

Blackflag I agree, in fact most fans, that I know, agree, I think Traylor agrees also, because from what I've witnessed in the 2-aday's, that I've watched, and heard, it is being addressed, not very lightly either. The offense is definitely hitting on all cylinders, the receivers look awesome, Stump has become alot more polished in his technique, along with his touch on the ball, since the 7th grade I think he's only lost one game, and we all know he has a shot every time to take to the house if he dicides to run, he is going to fun to watch and think by season's end everyone that follow's HS football will know his name. The offensive line, all you can say is wow! KTraylor's work at it's finest, these quys have been together, most since the 7th grade, and in my opinion will absolutely dominate everyone this year. The "Bus" and the other runningbacks also are going to make some serious noise. Come game day, I think Jeff Traylor and crew will have the salt back in the Black Flag!

I hope you're right gtownballer. If technique (facemask-in-chest, wrap-'em-up) is taught and learned, the defense should be just fine. I haven't been able to see them in two-a-days yet but I will. Like I said, if the defense plays to its athleticism they should be able to shut offenses down. I'm rooting for some shutouts this year......something they could not do last year. On offense, it doesn't hurt to have D1 talent that has been playing varsity since the 9th grade. I think there are 3 OL left that played on the '04 championship team, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

On the O-line I think only Snow played as a freshman, I could be wrong though, again I think we all will be happy once the season is underway. I've watched them, in 2 adays for the last several years, and all have been intense, but this group, is taking everything that the coaches are dishing out and absolutely eating it up, one of most intense first days I've personally ever witnessed in HS football, and to my knowledge, none of the 130 plus kids, quit, that's just unbeleivable! again KUDO's to Traylor and crew for where they have taken our program!

130 kids? That's impressive! Especially when you consider there are only, maybe, 300 or so male students in the student body at Gilmer High School. Yes, I'm excited about their chances. I'm ready for some football!!

By the way, do you know anything about Richwood?

On the O-line I think only Snow played as a freshman, I could be wrong though, again I think we all will be happy once the season is underway. I've watched them, in 2 adays for the last several years, and all have been intense, but this group, is taking everything that the coaches are dishing out and absolutely eating it up, one of most intense first days I've personally ever witnessed in HS football, and to my knowledge, none of the 130 plus kids, quit, that's just unbeleivable! again KUDO's to Traylor crew where they have taken our program!

Gtown,,,, You're right about the practice that first day. Wow,,, What intensity,,, especially the defensive kids. They were acting like they were playing in a playoff game the whole practice. I watched the 8:30 to 10:30 practice. I think I'm gonna sneak over tonight and watch the 6:30 to 8:00 practice,, then watch as they put on the pads tomorrow night. We might not have the really big name players this year, other than David Snow, and Justin, and Lamar,, and they aren't in Curtis Browns league,,, but what we might lack in that respect, I think enthusiam, and intensity, and leadership by the seniors will bring a new demension that maybe has been lacking in the past couple of years. The pieces are there,,, it's just putting it all together,, staying healthy,, and getting us to a point where we can make a run for things after the regular season is what's so important. Nothing is guaranteed,,, that's obvious,,, but I like what I saw the other night. Can we maintain what it takes for 15 games? That is another story all together. It will be fun watching one game at a time to find out huh??? We've learned over the past couple of years, that you can't take a single thing for granted. It's time for the Buckeyes, to keep their mouths shut, play hard, be prepared each and every day, and work together as a team. It's time for the Buckeye fans, to stay humble,,, and give the team 110% support, being there every step of the way to "where ever" they take us.

Oh,,, and by the way,,, didn't Cody start as a freshman too? I thought he did,, but I'm not positive.

130 kids? That's impressive! Especially when you consider there are only, maybe, 300 or so male students in the student body at Gilmer High School. Yes, I'm excited about their chances. I'm ready for some football!!

By the way, do you know anything about Richwood?

Your right about ready for some football, seems like it's been atleast 10 years, since we played LE in Lobo Stadium...LOL!

As far as Richwood, I understand they are a suburb of Monroe, and are called the Rams, went deep in the 3-a state playoffs (quarterfinal) in Louisana, and have returning starters, but will have a new QB, and they play physical football, and posssess alot of speed. You can get some La. football info off of www.kenramsey.com its similiar to smoaky.

Gtown,,,, You're right about the practice that first day. Wow,,, What intensity,,, especially the defensive kids. They were acting like they were playing in a playoff game the whole practice. I watched the 8:30 to 10:30 practice. I think I'm gonna sneak over tonight and watch the 6:30 to 8:00 practice,, then watch as they put on the pads tomorrow night. We might not have the really big name players this year, other than David Snow, and Justin, and Lamar,, and they aren't in Curtis Browns league,,, but what we might lack in that respect, I think enthusiam, and intensity, and leadership by the seniors will bring a new demension that maybe has been lacking in the past couple of years. The pieces are there,,, it's just putting it all together,, staying healthy,, and getting us to a point where we can make a run for things after the regular season is what's so important. Nothing is guaranteed,,, that's obvious,,, but I like what I saw the other night. Can we maintain what it takes for 15 games? That is another story all together. It will be fun watching one game at a time to find out huh??? We've learned over the past couple of years, that you can't take a single thing for granted. It's time for the Buckeyes, to keep their mouths shut, play hard, be prepared each and every day, and work together as a team. It's time for the Buckeye fans, to stay humble,,, and give the team 110% support, being there every step of the way to "where ever" they take us.

Oh,,, and by the way,,, didn't Cody start as a freshman too? I thought he did,, but I'm not positive.

I think some of the new receivers, Houston, McGrady(not sure on his name, but coming up from JV, about 6'3" with great hands), Thompson, Harris, and a couple of others are catching the ball really well, and Stump seems to be able to put the ball where it needs to be, sure we will miss Curtis, but look at the other great players that we've graduated in the past, that we thought we would never be the same without,but then we get a whole new group of talented kids. So pure and simple, it's not something differant in the water, you have to give all the credit, to our program, in which keeps producing the talented players, such as Curtis, Manuel,Hollis,Dodd's,Snow,etc. plus many others, that all of us thrive to watch on Friday Night!

This is going to be a great game regardless of where it's played. Tatum seems to reload every year! BOTH teams will be unbelievable. Athletes at all skill positions. I'm gonna give Tatum the EARLY nod simply because of QB. Pollard has the tools and exp. of playing on 2 championship teams so I doubt he will be rattled + he will be looking at playing Gilmer for the last time. The Buckeye's will have a soph. starting, and while he played extremly well in a mop up roll with GJ, this will be a HUGE game! You know Tatum will come after him! Fortuntly, Gilmer has one of the best offensive lines in the state so that should help. Too close to call for me, but if anyone is talented enough and hungry enough to beat Gilmer this yr., it's Tatum!

it is going to be a great game, but if tatum doesnt remove their heads from their butts and start to listening to the coaches they are going to get the heads handed to them by gilmer.

Right now the seniors on the team are walking around like they are unbeatable, come on guys you are good, but no one is that good and it is going to be very hard to win 3 in a row unless you start to focus on the goal now!!!

no d1 school wants to scout a player who is not putting forth the effort, if you want to go to a big school, you got to give 100% all the time not just on game day!!! straighten up and get your heads screwed on right!!! district is no push over and i would hate to look foolish on national tv if i was those guys!!!

Listen to your coach, he has lead you to the promise land twice, give him the respect he has earned and he will take you all the way again!!!!! :thumbsup: