How is Gladewater going to do this year in Football

Gilmer will still win district but with a little more difficulty this year. Gladewater will most likely finish second, Spring Hill third.

My prediction for Gladewater: They will win at least 7 and go to second round in the playoffs.

Gilmer will still win district but with a little more difficulty this year. Gladewater will most likely finish second, Spring Hill third.

My prediction for Gladewater: They will win at least 7 and go to second round in the playoffs.

DO you think Gilmer will be down this year Flag? I think they will be stronger in some ways and they will win the district with no difficulty, to much there.

How good will their O-line and quarterback be?

Gilmers? O-line is one of the best in the state at any level. QB will get better every time he pads up,

as for Gwater they will have a quality guy at the QB position Eddington is a great athlete and if Griffin stays healthy they will put up numbers, also a tough rb in harris, IMO they will have to really work to develop the O-line though!

I wouldn't say Gilmer will be down this year BAM 0015. They just won't be as dominant early as they have been. Stump Godfrey will be a good quarterback and should develop quickly but I don't see the Buckeyes winning by blowout scores as often as in the last three or four years. If the defense does not improve their scheme and technique this could be a year with at least 2 losses in the regular season. I have confidence in the offense, but not in the defense. If the defense steps up, I look for the Buckeyes to cruise once again.

Eddington was the backup QB last yr, but started at WR & played DB.

The o-line did graduate a lot. Ben Bauman is the only true returing starter; a couple of the other guys started a few games. But the o-line will be night and day from last yr- they will be A LOT better than last yr.

• 2 weeks later...
they wont beat gilmer....no clue who they play in predistrict but they have a shot at the playoffs

of course they will be in the playoffs. all they have to do is win three games!

2006: 4-6(killed in the first round of the playoffs)

2005: 3-7(look above)

look who they are competing with for the 3rd spot : Sabine, White Oak, Mineola

Guest Bear_Den

Gladewater is gonna be just fine this year. They have had a full offseason together and are ready to be back on the field. Good luck to the Bears this season and go get 'em

Guest Bear_Den

THere's no telling how many freshman will actually play. A lot of them were skeptical about playing when i talked to them this summer. I dont believe they know how important 2-a-days is. A couple are talkin about going straight basketball or straight baseball. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all works out. They have a chance to be the district champs if a 9th grade team is actually fielded.

THere's no telling how many freshman will actually play. A lot of them were skeptical about playing when i talked to them this summer. I dont believe they know how important 2-a-days is. A couple are talkin about going straight basketball or straight baseball. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all works out. They have a chance to be the district champs if a 9th grade team is actually fielded.

not with that attitude