Best Football team in East Texas

cnn

Who will be the team to beat in Three A team in East Texas this year in football? and Why? Van in loaded with their stud running back. I think they are AAA or maybe AA? New to East Texas.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Who will be the team to beat in Three A team in East Texas this year in football? and Why? Van in loaded with their stud running back. I think they are AAA or maybe AA? New to East Texas.

New to East Texas? Hmmm...something familiar about that.

When you look for a team that you want to call the best you look at the X's and O's not the billys and Joes so alot of ppl say Tatum or Gilmer so forth and so forth but im calling out Waskom because i believe that Waskom will have something that nobody can measure and thats HEART look for coach turner to get his boys working and look for those guys to make a long run this season

Get your helments ready Chuy Munoz is playing Middle Linebacker this year.......

Quaterbacks better read their recievers With J Loyd playin Saftey

Look for Kebo to have a great season he could be the best Quaterback in that district i have him OVER Curry ........

Bleeds...I hear both North Lamar and Paris are talking about dropping down to 3A in Feb. What are their numbers like? I also here that Praireland could move up to 3A.

doubt prairiland will move up....havent seen a lot of new additions out there lately....also NL was 3A a few years back and now they have more student than Paris high so who know wtih those 2 but i doubt they will move down also

When you look for a team that you want to call the best you look at the X's and O's not the billys and Joes so alot of ppl say Tatum or Gilmer so forth and so forth but im calling out Waskom because i believe that Waskom will have something that nobody can measure and thats HEART look for coach turner to get his boys working and look for those guys to make a long run this season

Get your helments ready Chuy Munoz is playing Middle Linebacker this year.......

Quaterbacks better read their recievers With J Loyd playin Saftey

Look for Kebo to have a great season he could be the best Quaterback in that district i have him OVER Curry ........

. . . it was a wonderful dream, right up to the time you woke up! :w00t:

GoBigRed, if you had any inkling as to what you were talking about, what you said would be more believable. It wasn't the Gilmer fans that were doing the trash-talking. It was people from other towns. When a program is successful, people will talk trash about them. I've never razzed the Big Red, or any other team. It's something called R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Don't dis something you know nothing about. I don't think anybody in Gilmer was completely surprised when Gilmer lost to Liberty-Eylau in the first round last year. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised. After all, they lost to a very GOOD Liberty-Eylau team WHICH WON STATE rather easily after getting by Gilmer by 3 points. Gilmer played an uncharacteristic game that night, turning the ball over, getting inopportune penalties, things the Buckeyes never did during the regular season.

GoBigRed, if you had any inkling as to what you were talking about, what you said would be more believable. It wasn't the Gilmer fans that were doing the trash-talking. It was people from other towns. When a program is successful, people will talk trash about them. I've never razzed the Big Red, or any other team. It's something called R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Don't dis something you know nothing about. I don't think anybody in Gilmer was completely surprised when Gilmer lost to Liberty-Eylau in the first round last year. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised. After all, they lost to a very GOOD Liberty-Eylau team WHICH WON STATE rather easily after getting by Gilmer by 3 points. Gilmer played an uncharacteristic game that night, turning the ball over, getting inopportune penalties, things the Buckeyes never did during the regular season.

Man you obviously didn't see L-E's win over Robinson for the championship. There was nothing easy about it. It came down to the final play.

Man you obviously didn't see L-E's win over Robinson for the championship. There was nothing easy about it. It came down to the final play.

......and Robinson was a better overall team than Gilmer. LE beat the third best team when they beat Gilmer. Robinson was the next, and then of course LE proved they were the best team in the state.

......and Robinson was a better overall team than Gilmer. LE beat the third best team when they beat Gilmer. Robinson was the next, and then of course LE proved they were the best team in the state.

And IMHO all three of those teams are behind the two teams that were in the DII state championship. Celina whipped Robinson (in wasnt close) earlier in the year and then lost a very close game to Liberty Hill in the championship.

And IMHO all three of those teams are behind the two teams that were in the DII state championship. Celina whipped Robinson (in wasnt close) earlier in the year and then lost a very close game to Liberty Hill in the championship.

I'm not convinced Robinson was better than Gilmer as far as talent, but then the Buckeyes had more talent then L-E and lost. I was also very impressed with Royse City, who I believe will be the team to beat this year. L-E will have a new quarterback and going into the season they have no kicking game. The only team L-E had in the playoffs that wasn't exceptional was Canyon. If L-E had played Liberty Hill or Celina nobody knows what would have happened, but the Leopards could have beaten either. L-E could have lostl to both also, just like it did in regular-season finale to Atlanta. Who knows?

I'm not convinced Robinson was better than Gilmer as far as talent, but then the Buckeyes had more talent then L-E and lost. I was also very impressed with Royse City, who I believe will be the team to beat this year. L-E will have a new quarterback and going into the season they have no kicking game. The only team L-E had in the playoffs that wasn't exceptional was Canyon. If L-E had played Liberty Hill or Celina nobody knows what would have happened, but the Leopards could have beaten either. L-E could have lostl to both also, just like it did in regular-season finale to Atlanta. Who knows?

Talent doesn't mean better. Just ask the Van Vandals, lots of talent lately, but no playoffs.( I would be afraid of Van this year though. Everybody knows Calhoun is a freak, but they have alot of kids who have been there for a few years.) Gilmer had more talent than alot of people last year, but in the end they won the same amount of playoff games as Alba-Golden!

Gilmer and LE will be tops in ET with Van being my somewhat of a darkhorse!

KirtFalcon im not knocking your Tatum team you guys are pretty solid but if you were educated then you would understand my comment but looks like you were to busy working on your sub par curve ball that Bossier Parish Community College wants you to throw uh oh was i not suppose to say that.... You better go outside and throw some baseballs around with daddy before you get tounge tied playing on smoaky.........

Just another day taking out idiots :thumbsup:

KirtFalcon im not knocking your Tatum team you guys are pretty solid but if you were educated then you would understand my comment but looks like you were to busy working on your sub par curve ball that Bossier Parish Community College wants you to throw uh oh was i not suppose to say that.... You better go outside and throw some baseballs around with daddy before you get tounge tied playing on smoaky.........

Just another day taking out idiots :thumbsup:

goodness! such hostility

Uh-oh Kirt. Sounds like Tom is calling you out. Always interesting to see the rookies trying to take over and talk smack as though they own the board. They forget that this is an opinion board and not a personal attack board. Keep that track up and receive an ADMINISTRATIVE education. As far as realignment goes nothing will be know until next year. '08 is the next year for realignment. Looks to be very interesting indeed with all of the possible new changes coming down the pipe. AA & AAA looks like it will be shaken up the most. Several border line schools as far as their numbers go.

As far as Tatum goes. Their true loyals must have yet to read this thread. If they had, they would have worn you out by now. That is a true loyal group from that town. They will defend their team till the end!!!

i'll be the first to admit that if my team was anything like gilmers last year, i would have been the first to ramp and rave and stop around like i was 7 feet tall, yellin about how incredible they were...odds are if they beat LE in the first round, they win state IMO. LE was a very underestimated, overlooked team all year because they had 3 losses. however they had, probable the most underrated player in the state (will middlebrooks) i say this because him being a QB was completely overshadowed by his baseball ability....i personally would have taken him over GJ. i dont believe that gilmers air game will be very good, nor will LEs...but both have elite running backs that are a threat to score anytime they touch the football. and just the fact that they are gilmer and LE make them two of the tops in east texas. tatum would make the playoffs but not do much if they were still 3A, but since they are 2A i believe they can make yet another run.

i could see rc being very good again. Van is the 3A equivilant to paris in 4A. incredible talent but just doesn't show it sometimes. loses big games in district. yet has players that are nationally recruited.

So you are telling us that you have multiple personalities????? That is revealing a little too much isn't it? Not sure that DAF like the multi-person accounts????

As far as the forum goes, it is for opinions to be shared. Not for pouncing on others for what you call stupid remarks!