Best Football team in East Texas

cnn

ok first off Van doesnt even belong in this topic AND SECOND why is gilmer considered so good

In the past 2 years they have only made it 3 playoff games deep. Usually the best team in east texas at least makes it past the first round. Second, tatum is good but cant live off past years success for this year.

The best 3A team in East Texas right now is Liberty-Eylau with Gilmer running a close second and Van not far behind at third. Liberty-Eylau has proven itself based on last season's state championship. The most consistent team is Gilmer... though they haven't performed as well in the playoffs the last couple of years (the real gauge). Van is an up and comer, though not proven as of yet. There are some other teams that could surprise people this year if it comes together for them. That's what makes 3A football exciting...there are always those teams that seem to put it together at the right time to keep the state championship trophy here in East Texas!

3A State Champions from East Texas so far this decade:

2003 Atlanta Rabbits

2004 Gilmer Buckeyes

2005 Tatum Eagles

2006 Liberty-Eylau

2007 ? still to be decided :hmm:

ok first off Van doesnt even belong in this topic AND SECOND why is gilmer considered so good

In the past 2 years they have only made it 3 playoff games deep. Usually the best team in east texas at least makes it past the first round. Second, tatum is good but cant live off past years success for this year.

van is the most underachieving team in 3A. they have the talent to do big things, maybe it's the coaching. i know it takes more than one player, but when you have a guy like calhoun, anything is possible for your team.

KirtFalcon im not knocking your Tatum team you guys are pretty solid but if you were educated then you would understand my comment but looks like you were to busy working on your sub par curve ball that Bossier Parish Community College wants you to throw uh oh was i not suppose to say that.... You better go outside and throw some baseballs around with daddy before you get tounge tied playing on smoaky.........

Just another day taking out idiots :thumbsup:

Dude.....Kirtfalcon isn't even from Tatum, he's from Garrison. And why even knock the kid??? He's playin baseball after high school isn't he?? Eric Kirkland is the guy you're talkin about right??? Hes the only Tatum athlete goin to BPCC next year, he's a great player and a great person.........yeah that was mature, how about rippin on some more young men?

It seems like this is a useless topic no one has played yet. It also seems it just can't be one team where they are A-5A schools. 1A has some good teams. Everyone is just talking about the big schools don't forget the small ones. Alto is had a good team last year must have a good one this year!!!! :thumbsup:

As far as Tatum goes. Their true loyals must have yet to read this thread. If they had, they would have worn you out by now. That is a true loyal group from that town. They will defend their team till the end!!!

Yeah.....we hadn't made it to this thread yet.....but I'm here now, lol.

Gilmer, Tatum, and LE are the top teams in East Texas. Would Gilmer ever consider playing a 5A team like John Tyler????

I don't think it would ever be considered. There are just too many differences between the 5A and 3A levels, i.e. sheer numbers at the 5A level = more depth of both talent and players. Besides, who would benefit from such a matchup? What if the 5A team were to lose? What if the 3A team, though very good, were to get blown out? There are too many MORE negatives than positives for such a matchup to happen. But, it would be INTERESTING to see!