Stadium Capacities

RedCreek49

The above should read Stadium Capacities and how many seat does your stadium hold.

The following is a list of stadium seating capacity information for everyone starting with PG's District and some of the teams on thier schedule followed by stadiums throughout the area:

District:

PG's current stadim = 3,000 - future stadium = 3,500

LE's Stadium = 5,000

Atlanta = 5,000

Pittsburg = 3,000

Mt. Vernon = 3,000

Other Scheduled teams

Tyler Chapel Hill = 1,700

Spring Hill = 6,000

White Oak = 4,500

Hooks = 1,500

Paris N. Lamar = 2,500

Lonview Pine Tree = 3,000

Others:

Texas High = 8,000

New Boston = 3,500

Maud = 500

Dekalb = 1,200

Redwater = 800

Queen City = 3,000

Linden = 3,000

Omaha Pewitt = 1,000

Jefferson = 2,000

Hughes Springs = 3,000

Dangerfield = 4,000

Marshall = 9,580 and 2,046 East Tx. Baptist

Hallsville = 7,300

Paris Jr. College = 4,292

Mt. Pleasant = 7,500

Tatum = 4,600

Gilmer = 6,000

Clarksville = 3,000

Sulpher Springs = 2,500

Longview Lobo = 10,500

Gladewater = 5,000

Trinity mother Frances Rose = 14,000

Greenville = 7,500

Canton = 5,000

Van = 4,500

Center = 3,000

Royce City = 3,750

Troup = 600

Mineloa = 1,500

Jacksonville = 7,000

Carthage = 2,500

Rusk = 2,500

Winnsboro = 2,000

Mesquite = 20,000 and 11,950

Highland Park = 8,000

Southlake = 9,000

pewitt seriously needs to expand...i dont go to many games, but i'm tired of standing at the games i do go to. i know i know yay that shows fan support but for a team like the bulls...they should know they should have done something by now.

The capacity at Maverick Stadium in Marshall is in the process of being changed with some summer rennovations.

The 2 small metal sections that were on the West ends of the stadium (home and visitor's side) have been removed.

I've been told new seats will be installed....but I don't know how many. I'm sure it will be more than what was taken out. They were rarely used unless Longview or Hallsville was in town.

Before the 2 sections were removed Mav stadium held just over 9500 I think. They probably removed 500-700 seats with the bleachers being removed. No word on how many will be brought in with the new section(s).

The grandstand of the stadium is concrete....so they aren't going anywhere. My GUESS is about 9,600 after it's done.

Gilmer's Buckeye Stadium is adding a new section of bleachers for the Buckeye band. The stands are supposed to hold 250 band and pep squad members and should be situated on the northeast side of the stadium (north of visitors stands). It hasn't been built yet but trustees put out for bids back in April or early May and should improve seating capacity on the home side by at least 250. I certainly hope they get it done quickly because its always so overcrowded. I don't think the stadium holds more than 5000, with, maybe 3000 on the home side. I would hope that the next major expenditure there would be to increase seating capacity. Have you seen the new field house? If only they would spend that kind of money to improve the stadium itself, I'm proud of it though, and the players deserve it.

waskom...25 plus maybe one scrawny kid if your lucky. hahaha just kidding. The old stadium according to the firemarshall is 2000 but the new stadium is only around 1000. But i am certain 1000 will not fit in the new one...

well hopefully T-High's stadium will get a facelift in the next couple of years after the bond issue passed. the firm that built it did a remarkable job considering there was a war going on at the time. that whole yankee/rebel thing had to be quite a hurdle to overcome.

PG's current stadim = 3,000 - future stadium = 3,500

I understand the desire to build a new stadium on campus, but the pickup of 500 seats hardly seems worth the effort. Too bad the 3 schools on the Texas side of Texarkana could not agree on building a common stadium.

I understand the desire to build a new stadium on campus, but the pickup of 500 seats hardly seems worth the effort. Too bad the 3 schools on the Texas side of Texarkana could not agree on building a common stadium.

that would've been quite a stadium if it had ever come about.

Although initially a common stadium sounds like a pretty good idea, it would not be best in this case for PG. The main problem with a common stadium is that for PG, they would never fill it. It would look to the fans and players that they were playing to an empty house even if they had a record crowd. I would rather see a full small stadium than an empty large stadium. It would not benefit PG and possibly would not benefit LE to help pay for a new Texas High Stadium. Now a common stadium for Arkansas High and Texas High and possibly LE might work. However, LE might still be paying for more than they need. Also, how would the concession proceeds be handled?

I would have liked to have seen than add 250-500 more seats, however, anything more would have been wasted money due to empty seats. There were more reasons for building the stadium than just adding seats. PG wanted to have the stadium on campus, they wanted to have a new modern facility with all the updated amenities such as field turf, modern concession stands, bathrooms. Also, they wanted to new stadium to go with the new indoor practice facility/multipurpose building, the new field house and weigh room and the new gym. You have to look at the whole package and not just the stadium.

The main concern I have with the PG project is parking. I'm not sure how they are going to address the need for additional parking. I hope they have included this in their plan.

When is the new PG stadium set to open?

I was told that the stadium is scheduled to be open for the 2008 Football season. They are not going to start construction until November 07. That will be moving pretty fast. I interested to see if they will be able to get it completed so soon.