EF's scrimmage last week.

hogwash

EF pounded Alto, the Alto fan on a different post saw a different scrimmage than what I saw. It looked as if Alto had no o-line. Alto's QB threw 3 or 4 int one was taken back for a TD. We looked rusty on offense, and defense looked pretty good. None of us fans walked away with doubts. Our JV killed theirs.

I didn't see the scrimmage, but the reports I have heard from a couple of folks said the Alto starters pretty much dominated.

Kirt we know you have no love for tha Jackets but lowman is right we where a little rusty at times like driving the entire length of the field twice and fumbling at the goal line and some center and QB exchanges but that is to be expected. I do know that our 6'6" 235 pound JR. defensive end wrecked shop all day long even when being double and tipled teamed. We also started the 2nd string qb with the first team, believe me EF will be up to snuff come game time.

Kirt we know you have no love for tha Jackets but lowman is right we where a little rusty at times like driving the entire length of the field twice and fumbling at the goal line and some center and QB exchanges but that is to be expected. I do know that our 6'6" 235 pound JR. defensive end wrecked shop all day long even when being double and tipled teamed. We also started the 2nd string qb with the first team, believe me EF will be up to snuff come game time.

Hey no offense stinger, just telling you what I heard at work from some people. I'm sure EF will be fine once the regular season starts.

I didn't see the scrimmage, but the reports I have heard from a couple of folks said the Alto starters pretty much dominated.

This was pretty well what I was told on this one also. I did not get to go to this game either. I was also told that Alto's second string scored once. No matter any way in preseason. I remember when these teams used to meat up in the playoffs. They always played each other hard. Always stepped up to the occassion. Looking forward to seeing what happens this year. Good luck guys.

lomandown, you are wrong, EF didn't "completely dominate" as you said. When the 1st strings went against each other it was 0-0. When the #1's went the 2nd time it was Alto-1 , EF-0 how do you call that dominating??? Yes you got in the redzone twice, but those fumbles were caused by big hits.

It looked to me like the 2nd time around with the #1's that Alto picked it up a notch and EF was getting frustrated.

And why is your D1 QB going against the 2nd strings that were mostly Sophs. and Fresh.??

Don't see yall beating Tatum or Troup, but best of luck anyways! :flowers:

Red, I never said that ,go back and read the post. From watching what I saw on Sat compared to years past ,Alto did not look as good as they normally do. They did not put many drives together and their o-line looked terrible. I said EF POUNDED Alto, go back and watch the film then tell me I was wrong. What happened to yalls JV?

JV is JV. Couple of our Freshmen and several Sophs. are on the Varisty. Put them on the JV and things are probably evened out. From what I hear our JV will only carry around 15 or so. You have your opinion, I have mine. I read all the hype since back in the spring on this board about EF and just don't think yall are all that you are cracked up to be. You have a good solid team, but IMO, not #5. What is going to hurt EF is their corners. They may be tall, but they are slow, Alto burned them twice on the go rout for TD's and I know Tatum and Arp have better WR's than Alto. Don't mean to stir things up, but Curry DOES NOT look like a D1 QB to me. Yeah, he has a nice touch and spiral on his passes, but he is SLOW!!! How many times did Alto sack him or put him on the ground?? I know it was quiet a few times! Have a nice day! :flowers:

JV is JV. Couple of our Freshmen and several Sophs. are on the Varsity. Put them on the JV and things are probably evened out. From what I hear our JV will only carry around 15 or so. You have your opinion, I have mine. I read all the hype since back in the spring on this board about EF and just don't think yall are all that you are cracked up to be. You have a good solid team, but IMO, not #5. What is going to hurt EF is their corners. They may be tall, but they are slow, Alto burned them twice on the go rout for TD's and I know Tatum and Arp have better WR's than Alto. Don't mean to stir things up, but Curry DOES NOT look like a D1 QB to me. Yeah, he has a nice touch and spiral on his passes, but he is SLOW!!! How many times did Alto sack him or put him on the ground?? I know it was quiet a few times! Have a nice day! :flowers:

[/quote

Redfly

I read all the hype about ALTO back in the spring and I just don't think that y'all are all that you are cracked up to yadda yadda yadda, dude get off it it was a scrimmage give us 4 quarters and we wear your TobinFrost out period. The coaches where running different things and looking at different situations it does not mean squat. As far as our corners go these are the same guy's who last year limited D-Moore from Tatum to 1 catch and Sedrick J from arp to 2 and they both are D-recruits (one is at TN and the other will be at A&M in 08) so I will take them 24-7. About our QB you don't rush for over 1000 yards and pass for over a 1000 by being slow ask Garrison how slow he is. I did like how our JR. D-END whipped the entire ALTO O line you guy's tried to double and even triple team him and that still did not work the only person not to go up against him was the coach that sat on the stool the entire game, We could go on and on but in the end all this this was was a glorified practice that means nothing just like you opinion. Best of luck to you guy's this year

I love all this hype about scrimmages!!! but seriously. its just a scrimmage. im sure both teams did good on different aspects. just chill. but for my personal opinion. i dont think that ef will be all they are cracked up to be time district rolls around. sure theyll be solid like they always are. but all that talk about the qb being number five in the nation? cmon. i have never seen the corners play but i dont see how anyone this year will be able to completely containe arp's and tatum's recievers.

Daingerfield fan here anxiously waiting for out scrimmage against E-F tomorrow... I know its just a scrimmage but I look forward to comparing our team to ya'lls just to see where we are at this point... Good Luck to you guys tomorrow, and I hope both teams come outta the scrimmage with no lingering injuries...