Can a Team Give up 71 points, and Then Win District?

hogwash

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original question. Yes, Tatum can still win district, despite having 71 posted on them against Gilmer. That has nothing to do with district play.

The better question is, can a school that lost as much DI talent over the last two years as Tatum has lost win district? Tatum is still a good program, but any team that looses the atheletes that Tatum lost has to feel it. You just don't easily replace a Creer or a Moore.

Sorry, Tatum is huge and gilmer is small

You get my point anyway i hope. I apologize to everyone on here for not spending my Sat. night looking up school enrollment figures on the UIL website. I'll never post again!

By the way who was the half a kid from Gilmer?

I'm not as nerdy as you would think. The enrollment figures are provided by Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine, and I just happen to own a calculator; so that's all it took to come up with this factual rebuttal to your un-researched post. Feel free to post again if you must; I just like to read posts from people that actually know what they're talking about.

They should win district. Even though they gave up a lot of points this team is still pretty talented. But when you lose 3 OL, a stud RB, a stud WR, two LB, a DT, both DEs and a few other positions, not to mention the explosiveness of Creer and Moore, you can't expect them to come out as strong as the year before, they need a few games to play together and learn to work as a unit. In my opinion when district rolls around they should be ready to make a run for a three-peat, Coach Evans and his staff will have them ready by then.

Guest Bear_Den
They should win district. Even though they gave up a lot of points this team is still pretty talented. But when you lose 3 OL, a stud RB, a stud WR, two LB, a DT, both DEs and a few other positions, not to mention the explosiveness of Creer and Moore, you can't expect them to come out as strong as the year before, they need a few games to play together and learn to work as a unit. In my opinion when district rolls around they should be ready to make a run for a three-peat, Coach Evans and his staff will have them ready by then.

How is Tatum's underclassmen looking? If they move back to 3-A next year Tatum might be in trouble.

How is Tatum's underclassmen looking? If they move back to 3-A next year Tatum might be in trouble.

I haven't watched them but have heard that the 9th grade is really good and our sophmore class has improved every year. But that thought did cross my mind when I was thinking about realignment. But I need to go watch a few freshman and JV games before I can give you an informed opinion.

I haven't watched them but have heard that the 9th grade is really good and our sophmore class has improved every year. But that thought did cross my mind when I was thinking about realignment. But I need to go watch a few freshman and JV games before I can give you an informed opinion.

Havent seen the freshman in any games but saw them scrimmage Kilgore and they totally dominated their freshmen. Heard Tatum lost to the Daingerfield freshmen......D-fields 9th grade are supposed to be the next "it" for them. They beat our guys 22-8 i think and I'll take that as them being rowdy because Kilgore didnt muscle out but maybe 10 yards on Tatums freshmen.

uh stinger....who has ef played in the non district, i know they played a 1a team and who else?.....just checking.....coach Will get the boys straighten out and I think you will see a different team Friday night

Warhawk the comment was not directed to you it was to Jbulldawg who said that our district is a bunch of powderpuff's. Big words comming from someone in 18 2a didnt you guy's kill them in the 1st game of the playoff's last year.... yea thought so.

By the way Union Gove is in 18 2a and Queen City is in 17 2a.

My bad warhawk I was not aware you where from Tatum. I thought you where from a team in the Jefferson, Harelton district. Not to say that anyone in 19 2a could beat Gilmer but how can you say that the rest of the teams in the district are powderpuff's.

By the way Union Gove is in 18 2a and Queen City is in 17 2a so who is the 1a team that we played.

dude i didnt say our district are powerpuffs, but i dont think there is a 2a team that can compete with gilmer,,,union grove is 2a???? my bad!! that was jbulldawgs who said our district was powerpuffs and i think 3 or 4 team in our district could beat jefferson easily...dont you agree stinger

I understand your point, and agree to a degree, but please get your facts straight before you post. Gilmer is nowhere near the 4A enrollment figure of 950-1984 students. Gilmer's enrollment last year was 668.5, making them 281.5 students short of the 4A cut-off. That means Gilmer H.S. student population would have to increase by 42% just to reach the minimum number for 4A. Tatum's enrollment of 394 students is just 21 shy of the 415 needed for 3A. That means Tatum H.S. population would need to increase by only 5% to reach the minimum number for 3A.

Highland Park had 1,957.5 students, or 1289 more students than Gilmer. That makes HP 293% larger than Gilmer. Texas High had 1,719.5 students, or 1051 more students than Gilmer. That makes Texas High 257% larger than Gilmer.

Tatum had 394 students or 274.5 less students than Gilmer. That makes Gilmer 69.7% larger than Tatum.

So to compare Tatum playing Gilmer with Gilmer playing Highland Park or Texas High is nowhere near comparing apples to apples.

And while we're comparing numbers... Tatum's is the GIANT of district 19-2A. Here's the enrollment numbers of the other schools in Tatum's district and how they compare (percentage wise) to Tatum's enrollment:

Elysian Fields-311 (78.9%)

Troup-309 (78.4%)

Arp-298.5 (75.8%)

West Rusk-224 (56.9%)

Waskom-223 (56.6%)

Timpson-202 (51.3%)

Garrison-201.5 (51.1%)

Are the .5 kids in the stats the short ones?

they can still win dist. but i dont think they will the ef jackets win this dist.................................................. :rolleyes:

Gotta disagree with you there. Although the EF vs Tatum game will probably be closer than last years my Eagles will still pull out with W. Not that I'm disregarding the other district games, just that EF seems to be the stiffest comp, although Arp could be a sleeper.