Whitehouse 7th grade vs. Jacksonville 7th grade

...how can a 7th grade team shut down a team with greatest jr.high player in the area...where is the youtube video... :zorro:

You need your but kicked. Seriously! Why get on here and bring down a kid.

It is the system....It really doesn't matter who the running back is....They are developing their offense, pass first and often. They use it to set up the run....In this system you will see large yard per carry averages for the backs but very few carries...

It is the system....It really doesn't matter who the running back is....They are developing their offense, pass first and often. They use it to set up the run....In this system you will see large yard per carry averages for the backs but very few carries...

...doesnt matter what system you have...if you have a back like cantrell get him the ball...4 times and they lose 6-0...come on....get it to him 10-12 times so at least he can score and get you a 7-6 lead, then throw the ball all you want...the system needs work all right if you cant score a point...

...doesnt matter what system you have...if you have a back like cantrell get him the ball...4 times and they lose 6-0...come on....get it to him 10-12 times so at least he can score and get you a 7-6 lead, then throw the ball all you want...the system needs work all right if you cant score a point...

Can't argue with that...It isn't my system and I can't speak for the Whitehouse staff but I don't think they are concerned with wins and losses at the 7th grade level...Pretty sure it is all about getting them ready for friday nights...

...you are right about win/loss to some extent not being a key at 7th grade....but how about player development?...are they not concerned with building an attack that puts the ball in their best playmakers hands?... you dont have a kid like cantrell on the field and only let him touch it 4 times...i guarantee you in the future that those win/loss on friday nights will have alot to do with him....football is a team sport and takes all eleven on each side...but see what happens if he is not touching the ball alot...

p.s. winning is contagious...you never want to send the message at any level, jh or hs, that winning is not important...when they keep score it is important... :zorro:

I have alot to say about this subject but I know it wouldn't do a bit of good and it would make alot of people upset so I guess I will keep my mouth shut.

...since i have no connection to whitehouse, i will do it for you...as much as i haggled with you and strawberry i never said your boy couldnt play...i just like watching jb on the baseball and football field... that aside, whitehouse needs to get the ball in dylans hands as much as possible and in different spots now....might as well practice now what you need to be doing on firiday nights in the future...offensive system is a poor excuse....good teams get their playmakers the ball...end of story...

p.s. i never knew yall were at brookhill...how long?....why did you leave?...great school and i am certain they would be getting the ball in dylans hand a whole lot....him and jb would have made a deadly combo...they also have another good player named jake nash....any chance you come back?....

...since i have no connection to whitehouse, i will do it for you...as much as i haggled with you and strawberry i never said your boy couldnt play...i just like watching jb on the baseball and football field... that aside, whitehouse needs to get the ball in dylans hands as much as possible and in different spots now....might as well practice now what you need to be doing on firiday nights in the future...offensive system is a poor excuse....good teams get their playmakers the ball...end of story...

p.s. i never knew yall were at brookhill...how long?....why did you leave?...great school and i am certain they would be getting the ball in dylans hand a whole lot....him and jb would have made a deadly combo...they also have another good player named jake nash....any chance you come back?....

Yeah- any chance yall come back? ;) It would be nice for Cameron and Bryan to play together (like Tyler & Jordan, the Moss kid and Dylan) here in a few years. Heck, I'd even consider putting B on the W-house pee wee team if you'd do it. Great kids with similar attitudes and interests are hard to find man. These other kids at BH arent like Bryan but Cam is... come back.

We went to Brookhill for 1 year. We left for several reasons but in all it was a good experience for all three of my kids. We made some good friends and I wish them all the best in the world. I know Jake Nash and yes he is a good kid. There are several good kids at Brookhill. June Bug, Jerrod Dickey, JB Moss they will be good in a few years. I don't believe we will be leaving whitehouse.

Yeah- any chance yall come back? ;) It would be nice for Cameron and Bryan to play together (like Tyler & Jordan, the Moss kid and Dylan) here in a few years. Heck, I'd even consider putting B on the W-house pee wee team if you'd do it. Great kids with similar attitudes and interests are hard to find man. These other kids at BH arent like Bryan but Cam is... come back.

I would also like to see Brian and Cameron play together. Next year you come to Whitehouse and play pee wee.

• 1 month later...

It was another close one in Jacksonville at the Tomato Bowl. It looked like Jacksonville was going to run all over the Whitehouse 7th grade "A" team. Jacksonvilles running back took the first play for about 65 yards untouched. It turned into a slugfest with Whitehouse coming up with the 26-20 victory to end the season with a 8-1 record. Good Job Cats!!!!

It looked every bit as though it was going to be a 42-40 type of game, but the 2nd half was 6-0 in favor of the cats as the defense stepped up and caused several turnovers. The QB had the winning TD in the 4th quarter on a long run. Jacksonville had a good night rushing the ball and still competed even though it was only their 5th game of the year. Hopefully, the Braves will play a full slate of games next year as did the Wildcats.

If any of you out there are from Henderson, Kilgore, Hallsville or Nacogdoches, ask your AD's why you don't have a 7th grade program. It would be great to see the 7th be able to compete for a district title just as the 8th grade does.

It looked every bit as though it was going to be a 42-40 type of game, but the 2nd half was 6-0 in favor of the cats as the defense stepped up and caused several turnovers. The QB had the winning TD in the 4th quarter on a long run. Jacksonville had a good night rushing the ball and still competed even though it was only their 5th game of the year. Hopefully, the Braves will play a full slate of games next year as did the Wildcats.

If any of you out there are from Henderson, Kilgore, Hallsville or Nacogdoches, ask your AD's why you don't have a 7th grade program. It would be great to see the 7th be able to compete for a district title just as the 8th grade does.

Perhaps they have a 7th grade program, some school just split up and play amonth themselves in 7th, instead of playing other schools. I believe Lindale does that still.

Congrats Wildcats on a fine season! Wish the 8th grade boys had even a fraction of the success that last year's 8th and this year's 7th have had. I guess there are always going to be weaker year classes.

Perhaps they have a 7th grade program, some school just split up and play amonth themselves in 7th, instead of playing other schools. I believe Lindale does that still.

Congrats Wildcats on a fine season! Wish the 8th grade boys had even a fraction of the success that last year's 8th and this year's 7th have had. I guess there are always going to be weaker year classes.

I know that Nac puts teams together from each Junior high and they play each other. I have heard thru the grape vine that Henderson will field a 7th grade team next year. Now all we need is Kilgore and Hallesville and we would basically have a district.

Whitehouse 8th grade players will be fine. They have many talented young men it just didn't come together for them this year. I just hope that they don't get discouraged. I remember when this years JV class was in the 8th grade they didn't have a very good year and they will be playing for a District title tomorrow night. Actully Whitehouse will be playing for District titles in every high school division this week. Good Luck Cats.

Jacksonville played well. I know alot of those kids and they are very talented. They will be a force in the district next year. I am just happy to see that 7th grade football is becoming more important to schools in this district. If schools new how much the kids learned and how much more prepared they are for their eighth grade season they wouldn't even think twice. Well I wish Jville luck tonight.

Thanks. If we beat Henderson ( they are pretty good this year, looks like another war tonight) I think we will earn a share of the district title. It is good to see the freshmen and JV of Whitehouse doing well. I have a lot of time invested in those kids myself!