Hogs

bigdawg16

Man I bet those in that second picture can tear up the ground like a D10 dozer. If you check around, ther are people that have alicense to purchase them and they put them on a ship to Europe where they are considered a delicacy. Make sure that they have permits though, because if not it is a major no, no to transport these bullies. If you get caught relocating them you can get into a heap of mess. I know some judicial people that sadi they recently had a meeting and spent half of a day discussing how to prosecute people for illegally transporting wild hogs.

AS far as the traps go, you may have to build a pen about 20X20 with a good heavy trap door. We done this when they started getting too smart and it has worked well and continues to do well. It is big enought that they do not feel like they are going into a trap.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I was going to suggest the same thing Med. But, you dont have to buy any trap doors or nothing. If you have enough trees you dont even have to buy posts. We just buy hog panels. You can make the pin any shape. Find you two small

(4-6") trees. They need to be about 3-4' apart. You slide your two panels in, nail them to the trees so that the two ends come two a point, like this ^. Then bend the panels back arund the trres to create preesure on your point^. From there you can build your pen however big you would like. You can spread the "trap door" with rope, tie it off, bait the haeck out of them. When you got a bunch coming to it. Untie the door panels. They push in but can push out. We have caught TONS of hogs that way when they will not come into traditional traps.