Lobos Sweep 125A?

lp459

Looks like another Longview run through 12-5A without a loss. Can anyone come close to beating the Lobos in district? Lee's defense was pretty good, keeping the game within 8, but Longview had a poor performance in the passing game (2 overthhrown passes that would have been walk-in touchdowns).

Guest Kilgore4sho
Looks like another Longview run through 12-5A without a loss. Can anyone come close to beating the Lobos in district? Lee's defense was pretty good, keeping the game within 8, but Longview had a poor performance in the passing game (2 overthhrown passes that would have been walk-in touchdowns).

The Lobos apparently were also missing their #1 and #2 runningbacks . I think they finish district undefeated yet again this year

Being a Lobo fan this is hard to say but I would definately not rule out a surprise loss. Longview has to play in the coming weeks:

John Tyler - Tough defense as usual and has played one of the toughest schedules in the state

Mesquite - Another tough defense that also has a chance to quick strike on offense. They've won 4 straight and their only

3 losses came at the hands of Plano, Plano East, and Abilene. Not a bad club at all.

Mesquite Horn - Beat John Tyler, nearly and might have should beaten Lee. They put up numbers in every game

None of these games are going to turn out good for Longview if they decide to take a rest for any of these games.

Being a Lobo fan this is hard to say but I would definately not rule out a surprise loss. Longview has to play in the coming weeks:

John Tyler - Tough defense as usual and has played one of the toughest schedules in the state

Mesquite - Another tough defense that also has a chance to quick strike on offense. They've won 4 straight and their only

3 losses came at the hands of Plano, Plano East, and Abilene. Not a bad club at all.

Mesquite Horn - Beat John Tyler, nearly and might have should beaten Lee. They put up numbers in every game

None of these games are going to turn out good for Longview if they decide to take a rest for any of these games.

I appreciate your post and support for the Lobos. I am an LHS grad--way back. I think each week is a challenge. I can assure you of one thing; the coaches and players never look ahead of the next opponent; or rest. This staff since day one of Pat Collins/John King coaching; have made sure of this.

I am able to see practices during the week and converse with staff regularly. The coaches are dedicated, intense, and love their jobs. Another thing is how much the young Lobos love their coaches. It is a 2 way street. We are fortunate to have these dedicated players(year in and out); along with outstanding and dedicated coaches.

Totally agree with five.

John Tyler still wants revenge from last season and Mesquite is just primed for beating us at Lobo Stadium.

Longview's passing game has to be a lot better than it was last week against Tyler Lee (despite gaining 145 yards through the air).

The toughest team by far though on the Longview schedule is Mesquite. If the Lobos beat Mesquite, obviously district is their's.

Since Longview fans wont give Lee any credit for their defense, and think it was just a bad performance, then you better play better in the coming weeks, or anyone in this district can beat you. Not likely, but possible. Mesquite is your only worry left.

Since Longview fans wont give Lee any credit for their defense, and think it was just a bad performance, then you better play better in the coming weeks, or anyone in this district can beat you. Not likely, but possible. Mesquite is your only worry left.

I'll definitely give you your credit! You guys have a GREAT defense. What you (not you specifically, but you collectively) are unwilling to acknowledge is the fact that our top two running backs were injured and we had one or two SURE FIRE touchdown passes dropped.

Yes, your defense is strong and fast. You've got a pretty salty qb, but we didn't play up to potential.

Good luck Lee and keep on playing hard Lobos!

This Lobo fan definitely was impressed with the Lee defense. But I was really surprised by how good the offense looked, too. Getting the QB back obviously helped and I was impressed by Lee's running game. Lee is a good football team and I hope the Raiders go a long way in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Lobos. It was quite a comeback, especially with our top two running backs out. LHS surely can't take John Tyler for granted. The Lions always have good athletes.

This Lobo fan definitely was impressed with the Lee defense. But I was really surprised by how good the offense looked, too. Getting the QB back obviously helped and I was impressed by Lee's running game. Lee is a good football team and I hope the Raiders go a long way in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Lobos. It was quite a comeback, especially with our top two running backs out. LHS surely can't take John Tyler for granted. The Lions always have good athletes.

Thanks for the respect. Although injuries are a part of the game, we certainly know about injuries this year. Our O line and D line have played all over the place all year due to injuries. ALong with our Senior QB, who came back last week with very little preperation, in a offense that is very versital. We did this same thing in 04 when we won state, after losing about 6 starters. They started coming back at the end of the season, and got on a roll. Although, not the same team, They are starting to get it going again, just in time. LVH has been able to turn it on when needed all year, which is a sign of a good team, Im sure King will keep them focused, but their going to have to play for it. After seeing Horn play twice, Im very impressed with their club. They can score in a hurry. Mesquite is capable of anything, when they show up. They have had a tough schedule. And JT is atheletic enough to stay around, and beat anyone. Good luck the rest of the way.

Very possible and very likely for Longview to win out. But the main thing is to get into the third season on fire. Lee could do that if they get some offense going. Defense has done a good job all season. Looking forward to seing Longview go deep in the playoffs. Lee could be there also ... time will tell.

Gooooooo Raiders!

Gooooooo Stars!

Guest Bear_Den
Very possible and very likely for Longview to win out. But the main thing is to get into the third season on fire. Lee could do that if they get some offense going. Defense has done a good job all season. Looking forward to seing Longview go deep in the playoffs. Lee could be there also ... time will tell.

Gooooooo Raiders!

Gooooooo Stars!

I hope to see LEE in the playoffs as well.

I also hope JT can step it up and get better.

And so far tonight Longview is proving exactly that. They're trying to float through the game and John Tyler is sticking it to them. 6-0 JT at half.

I guess my prediction that JT would win the district faded in the second half tonight. Them BOS came out and mashed us with their running game after giving us 5 turnovers equaling 6 points in the first half. Now we can focus on what should have been our first goal, just making the playoffs but now we need some help and of course we have to win out.

JT came to play last night. That running back of yours is a beast! He's a good player. Is he being recruited? As I've been saying for a couple of weeks, the Lobos are playing just past their opponents. When they finally put together a full game and play up to their total potential, it will be scary. Good luck JT and keep on truckin' Lobos.

JT came to play last night. That running back of yours is a beast! He's a good player. Is he being recruited? As I've been saying for a couple of weeks, the Lobos are playing just past their opponents. When they finally put together a full game and play up to their total potential, it will be scary. Good luck JT and keep on truckin' Lobos.

You are right about Longview playing just above their opponent..... But They also never panic.. they find a way to win. again... again... and again.. Sign of a good team. Their getting everybody's best shot, and will get Mesquite, and Horns best game as well. We know Mesquite is a good team that has started to roll a little bit, as everyone knew they would. Schedule and injuries set them back a little.. but they have reeled it back in now. HORN is the one I wouldn't want to play again. Their scrappy. Their QB is really dangerous. We had a time at the Rose with those guys, and they came way back against JT last week. Good luck the rest of the way.