Gilmer 8th Grade

Got to go to Gilmer last night and watch the 8th grade play for the second time this year. They are an awesome team. They would beat our 8th graders any day. I felt bad for my nephew's team. The line was stacked with size, and the kids were fast. For the most part, it looked like #7 at QB is an all around kid. The #22 had size and speed. The #71 was big and fast on Defense. The secondary was fast and had an eye for the ball in the air. The special teams was fast and got to the ball. The only weakness I saw was at center on the O line. If Mineola or my son's team had atheletes like that, I would have to make it to a few more games. I can see why Gilmer has such a good program.

Got to go to Gilmer last night and watch the 8th grade play for the second time this year. They are an awesome team. They would beat our 8th graders any day. I felt bad for my nephew's team. The line was stacked with size, and the kids were fast. For the most part, it looked like #7 at QB is an all around kid. The #22 had size and speed. The #71 was big and fast on Defense. The secondary was fast and had an eye for the ball in the air. The special teams was fast and got to the ball. The only weakness I saw was at center on the O line. If Mineola or my son's team had atheletes like that, I would have to make it to a few more games. I can see why Gilmer has such a good program.

That team will be special and probably one of the smartest teams Gilmer has had in awhile, not saying Gilmer hasn't been smart, but I know for sure they have two coaches kids on the team (Turner, Traylor) that are not only good athletes and students but have great character and leadership ability. What I call the (INTANGIBLES)! Looks like the Buckeyes will continue to RELOAD.

:coolball: :coolball: :thumbsup: I have seen those kids and I do know that there is alot talent in that class, possibly the best bunch to come through Gilmer!!!

That team will be special and probably one of the smartest teams Gilmer has had in awhile, not saying Gilmer hasn't been smart, but I know for sure they have two coaches kids on the team (Turner, Traylor) that are not only good athletes and students but have great character and leadership ability. What I call the (INTANGIBLES)! Looks like the Buckeyes will continue to RELOAD.

I have to agree that this group is fun to watch and one of the best JH teams i have seen in a long time!

They have it at all positions too - QB, RB, TE, Line, DB, you name it and they have athletes there. You do not see that too often at the JH level. Usually a good JH team will have a couple of studs and others are just there. Not this team. They are good - real good.

I think the Gilmer 7th grade is like 4-2. Not near as talented as the 8th grade, but some kids who in high school will hopefully compliment the grade above them real well. The 7th graders are a bunch of great kids - honor roll kids, yes sir/no sir type kids. Not overly athletic, but smart, great group of young men who I believe will be successful because of the type of kids they are.