1. 1. who wins it?

• Gilmer
    • LE

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmer rolls....by 3-4 TD's....

Good luck Gilmer !!! D'field is pulling for you guys to bring home what you deserve...(well at least I am!)

Its good to know someone from Dangerfield is actually wanted us to win, jk just getting back at Kevnasty who for some reason hates Gilmer, But good luck To Dangerfield in the playoffs, u guys bring it home to

You Pushed Real Good!!!!!! Tough Bad A$% Play. Great Team Effort. To many to mention in this one. However, Kanard, Jake and the rest Kicked it Real GOOD!!!!!

Where and who does PG play Gilmer for the State Championship, or will it be a replay with LE for the State Championship?

Where and who does PG play Gilmer for the State Championship, or will it be a replay with LE for the State Championship?

that a way to be confident creek! got a few games to go before then, but i hope the hawks are in the title game

I think that Gilmer will win this game but not as big as most people think because James is still in LE.

is he 100%? i heard he wasn't yet.

General Traylor marches his army though LE this year, after he sets the Leopards on fire. He will plant his Black Flag in the midst of the ruins, for now he has a defense that will defend, and still has an unbelievable offense. No longer do the Buc's have to outscore all night, they can now stop other teams. Look forward to the Royce City game. they will then get their due respect. LE having a down year, but they will be back, they are always dangerous. Good luck to both.

James looked healthy enough last night against LE. he's still just as shifty and quick as ever. if he's suffering any ill effects from the injury it didn't show against us.

Gilmer right now is a class by itself in 3A. i don't remember a team since the 83 D'field Tigers (i know it's sacrilege to dare to speak of another team in the same breath as them) having as much depth and talent on both sides of the ball as the Buckeyes do right now. they're bigger than most 4As i've seen this year, they have D-1 at multiple positions and when they get way ahead they put in the 2nd and 3rd teams and nobody can tell the difference. there are a lot of parallels between the two teams though.

LE is smaller than they were a year ago and they arn't as deep as they were either. they are blazing fast as always and do have some good looking players but Gilmer is just going to be way to much for them this week. LE will have to find a way to do something nobody else has done all season and thats get pressure in the buckeye backfield and force the QB off his rythm and jam the WR's at the line to keep them from running their routes clean at the same time. then if they manage that, they're going to have to stop the Gilmer running game also. it's a tall order for the leopards to fill.

James looked healthy enough last night against LE. he's still just as shifty and quick as ever. if he's suffering any ill effects from the injury it didn't show against us.

Gilmer right now is a class by itself in 3A. i don't remember a team since the 83 D'field Tigers (i know it's sacrilege to dare to speak of another team in the same breath as them) having as much depth and talent on both sides of the ball as the Buckeyes do right now. they're bigger than most 4As i've seen this year, they have D-1 at multiple positions and when they get way ahead they put in the 2nd and 3rd teams and nobody can tell the difference. there are a lot of parallels between the two teams though.

LE is smaller than they were a year ago and they arn't as deep as they were either. they are blazing fast as always and do have some good looking players but Gilmer is just going to be way to much for them this week. LE will have to find a way to do something nobody else has done all season and thats get pressure in the buckeye backfield and force the QB off his rythm and jam the WR's at the line to keep them from running their routes clean at the same time. then if they manage that, they're going to have to stop the Gilmer running game also. it's a tall order for the leopards to fill.

James is healthy and due to his brief injury they discovered other offensive weapons. Gilmer is not in a class by itself. If L-E plays its best game it will be close. The Leopards have lot of depth and they are just as big as last year, just not as big as Gilmer. Gilmer will be the underdog if they play Royse City.

One other point, Gilmer is not as good as last year, I've heard several coaches say this. Gilmer is a super team, but once again they've beaten a bunch of weaker teams. The two best teams they've played have been Tatum and Daingerfield, two 2A schools, and there is a gap beteen 3A and 2A. L-E is equal to these teams and capable of suprising the Buckeyes.

With all this said I pick Gilmer by 2-3 TDs. L-E has the capability of shocking Gilmer, but the Leopards have not demonstrated the desicipline needed this season.

this team is good but doent even come close to being compared to the 83 dfield team.

this team is good but doent even come close to being compared to the 83 dfield team.

sorry kevnasty but i have to disagree with you on that one. i didn't say they were as GOOD as the 83 tigers i said there were a lot of paralles that reminded me of them. both teams have similar depth and records. nobody has really gotten close to the Buckeyes this year same as the tigers. yeah they've started out slow a couple of games but by the end of the 3rd quarter it's really not been close. 83 tigers same way. both teams are/were loaded with D-1/NFL talent on both sides of the ball. admitted the Buckeye defense has given up more points than the tigers of yore did but many of them were meaningless end of the game points when the subs were in and they were just trying to run out the clock.

are they as good as the 83 tigers? who knows. can't line them up on the field and play them against each other and Play Station hasn't come out with a game yet that features great HS football teams of yesteryear against modern day powerhouse teams of texas. if they do then maybe at some point we play them then. the 83 tigers are the stuff legends are made of and for good reason. nobody has come close to their defensive stats and probably never will. but then again back in those days nobody ran a 5 wide spread formation and had HS qb's calling the plays at the line of scrimmage based on what formations the defense was lined up again. back then it was power I football, 3 yards and a cloud of dust and throw it when you had too. theres a big difference between then and now. btw...i was on the sidelines during one of those games in 83 and saw 1st hand the talent the tigers had. impressive barely does justice to them. that being said....i look at this years buckeye team and see very similar size, speed, talent and depth. it's up to the buckeyes whether they want to be put into the same class as a legend and they'll have to earn it themselves. but i can at least see where they have the opportunity to try it! :flowers:

last year everyone said there was no way gilmer could be beat.!!!!

things that make you go hmmm

actually thats not quite true. if you want to go wade through a years worth of threads i think you'll see where i picked LE and said i liked their chances because i thought LE had played a tougher schedule and that MiddleBrooks and co. were more than a match up for Gilmer. especially the way LE was playing defense by that time. this year though i think that Gilmer just has to much fire power for the leopards. one of the big things thats hurting LE is that they haven't found a replacement thats even close to Middlebrooks's kicking ability. how many times in that play-off game did he stick the Buckeyes back deep in their own territory and force them to drive the entire length of the field to score. Plus the fact that LE's defense was just smoothering last year. LE still has a really good defense but looking at them last night they're just not as physically big. like the man said though....thats why they play the game. the rabbs gave LE a good scare last night for about 2.5 quarters and i think that it will have the same effect as when we beat them last year and give them a wake up call and they'll come out more focused and ready to play come friday night in longview.